Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Santiago, Chile & Andes Mountains

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Santiago, Chile & Andes Mountains

Postby Picun_1812 » Fri May 22, 2020 8:59 pm

Hello, I recently downloaded a custom scenario from Argentina, which has apparently drastically modified Santiago de Chile (greatly improving it). However, the Andes mountains has been destroyed, a place I frequent flying and it no longer looks very cool.

Is it possible to repair it preserving the current city of Santiago and the mountain range?

Cheers :) :!:

Picun_1812

Re: Santiago, Chile & Andes Mountains

Postby D-ECHO » Sat May 23, 2020 5:52 am

Good day Picun,
where did you get this scenery from?
Good news is: Yes, it can be "repaired", basically by re-generating it and making sure there are no errors happening in-between. However, therefor one needs the source files used to generate said scenery, thus the question.
D-ECHO

Postby V12 » Sat May 23, 2020 12:03 pm

I worked on SCEL year ago, but I added only shared models, without any terrain modifications.
Check https://github.com/BAWV12/SCEL
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby ludomotico » Sat May 23, 2020 1:23 pm

Hi Picun.

The mountains seem far away from the city, and thry are probably in a different tile. Just identify the tile for the mountains in your custom scenery, and delete it.

The tile must be in Terrain/latitudelongitude-tens/latitudelongitude-units
ludomotico

Version: git

Postby V12 » Sat May 23, 2020 5:18 pm

My SCEL scenery from FL600 :
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Picun_1812 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:59 pm

I have discovered some of the problem.

I have installed the repository at https://github.com/bartacruz/scenery-cuyo which adds improvements to the terrain in the pampa of Argentina. These changes also add much more realistic buildings and constructions for Chile, including Santiago, which improves a lot (Terrain / w080s40). However, these changes in the terrain destroy the geography of the mountains and valleys of Chile.

Through UFO, I recognized every damaged tile in the mountains and replaced it with those from https://cdn.merspieler.tk/, managing to repair it.

I left the Santiago tiles made by bartacruz, because it improves a lot (even the terrain repairs SCEL runway 17R, which was damaged), and I kept the changes made by V12 to SCEL.

Now there is a mix of repositories that leaves me quite satisfied, however there are still areas of the surrounding mountains and valleys damaged or looking strange.

SCEL airport, with more buildings and runway 17R without errors. Mix items added by V12 and the Bartacruz stage

The city of Santiago with more buildings and precision. with the scenery of bartacruz.

Aerial view. the city and the green land is what is obtained from the bartacruz scenario. The rest is the merspieler setting or the default terrain, which in the mountains is much more accurate, but not so the city.
Picun_1812

Postby Picun_1812 » Sun May 24, 2020 2:57 pm

I hope that information is useful. :)
Picun_1812

Return to Scenery