Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Can't start

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Can't start

Postby Ynin » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:40 am

I installed FlightGear, but when I start it there is no start menu (like in FS for Windows). It starts with an airplane already on the runway and ready for takeoff. Is it supposed to be this way or am I doing something wrong?
Ynin

Re: Can't start

Postby Isaak » Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:50 am

Can you take a look at the red box above your post and provide us the details that are requested there? It seems you are starting fgfs.exe without the --launcher option enabled. That just starts the program in the default configuration (c172p on the active runway of the default airport, which is Honolulu Intl, Hawaii for the latest versions). Try using the shortcut that was created on your desktop, or - if you don't find that shortcut - create a shortcut to fgfs.exe in the Flightgear 20xx.x.x/bin folder and add --launcher to the address line (including the space in front of --launcher). When opening your shortcut, you should see the launcer options then, enabling you to choose/download a different aircraft, location, weather... Good luck!
Isaak

Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: 2018.3.2

Return to Installation