Board index FlightGear Development Documentation

Proposition to eliminate all WIKIS

Discussion of the FlightGear documentation, how it can be improved and coordination of people working on it.

Re: Proposition to eliminate all WIKIS

Postby hans05 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:03 pm

daweed wrote in Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:59 pm:
hans05 wrote in Sat Apr 13, 2019 7:41 am:I am active in this forum: http://www.thejabberwocky.net/
For me it is not clear how that forum connect to FGMEMBERS. As far as I understand the FGMEMBERS is a sourcefourge account that hosts some aircraft. I do not know who is behind FGMEMBERS

Seriously? It is obvious that with so much bad will on your part, you would not even be able to see what is right in front of you.

From the Github FGMEMBERS homepage:

FGMEMBERS

This organization hosts development repositories for Flightgear aircraft licensed under GPL clauses.

http://www.thejabberwocky.net/

So, if that's not enough for you to link the Free Speech forum with FGMEMBERS ... it's because you're clearly showing bad will.

Since your first messages, you have only a destructive attitude simply because the rest of the world does not agree with your way of seeing things.
That's enough. As it already have been told to you, if Flightgear infrastructures, services [made available for free] and the way this project is managed do not please to you, do not hesitate going back in your dear paying simulator and stop annoy this community that struggles every day to improve this flight simulator. You do not find pleasure, we, at least me, I take it, and I think, given projects that I lead, have had my share of problem with the documentation. This is not why I am going to make the revolution, I am, on the contrary, roll up the sleeves and put to work. It is clear to me now, of course, that you have no idea what an open source project is or how it should be done.

You do not like it, go your way

Dear daweed,

I think that I have clearly written that I am zero interested in this issue! I have not checked the github FGMEMBERS thing because I did not even know that it is on github. If you read carefully what I wrote than you will maybe notice that I thought it to be on sourceforge. But again, this does not interest me.

So you are just one of those who prefer to insult people of different opinion rather than to just ignore them?
Well, welcome to the team, I guess.
hans05

Postby curt » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:10 pm

hans05 wrote in Sat Apr 13, 2019 1:53 pm:I have climbed a few mountains. I have never experienced that if a team got advice from outsiders that it reacted like:

* What do YOU know? I've already climbed 1000h of mountains! So please keep quiet!
* Only if you are on OUR team you would know how to climb a mountain!
* If YOU know so well the route then go and climb Mount Everest and leave us alone!

Normal reaction was always to say "thank you" and then take the advice or not.
Thinking that you know all and others know nothing is quite a deadly attitude in the mountains.

If you don't believe me than we can meet up in Zermatt or Chamonix and try ;-)

<sigh> yes I have only been to a few peaks in my life, definitely not 1000's of them like you. We always followed the trail and were careful not to litter or make a mess. We for sure wanted to leave the area in the nicest shape possible and be respectful so everyone else could enjoy the experience as much as us. The scariest one I did was Huayna Picchu in Peru. From a distance it looked like you had to go 2000' up a vertical rock face. But the original inca trail was quite clever and if you could climb a ladder you could get to the top. The entire trail felt like if I took a half step over, I would fall thousands of feet straight down and the first thing I would hit would be the river at the bottom .... it is literally that steep across the entire machu picchu site. The river makes a sweeping horse shoe shape around the site and the peak and cuts an incredibly steep gorge on both sides. That peak was one where I was glad to get back down in one piece ... but what a view!

I honestly don't know why you need to turn every subject into an argument here. It's really kind of a sad thing, but I don't know your personal story. Did you have an actual specific project suggestion for us other than meta suggestions about how we should or shouldn't deal with suggestions? Your posts here seem to be arguing about arguing which is such a waste of everyone's time. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but consider how you are treating the users of this forum as you attempt to launch your attacks against "core developers". There are many things about this world I don't understand, and this sort of behavior that attacks a good thing and tries to ruin it for all the users and developers just is another one of those things I really haven't been able to wrap my head around. Are people really so focused on their perceived grudges that they would rather ruin things for everyone? Why not move on with life and do something good for someone somewhere? It is hard for me to understand these things. :-(
Aerospace Engineering and Mechanics
University of Minnesota
curt
Administrator

Postby Thorsten » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:33 pm

OR maybe hans has already a kazillion times written that I DO accept the way you are working. It is all yours. Never said anything against that. Keep doing it your way!
Just that I do not like parts of it. That's all.

I find this quite easy to understand. You not?!?!

I find it difficult to reconcile with your continuing stream of posts trying to divide the community into 'us' vs. 'them' and the general lack of constructive posts from your side.

If you accept the way we operate, and if you have no constructive agenda - then what is it you're doing in this forum? Other than telling everyone what you do not like?
Thorsten

Postby GinGin » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:34 pm

Nevertheless there are unfortunate prerequisites for being treated well:
You have to give some people here the feeling to be superior. A group of about three to four people are nice as long as it is 100% clear that
* They are right,
* you agree with them 100%,
* if you do not agree in all parts then you are (naturally) wrong (and obviously member of "FGMEMBERS").

I didn't meet those pre requisite and was still treated well, I might be an exception then ?
Anyway, that seems to be a way too personal and subjective matter for me ;)
GinGin

Callsign: Gingin

Postby curt » Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:49 pm

GinGin wrote in Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:34 pm:
Nevertheless there are unfortunate prerequisites for being treated well:
You have to give some people here the feeling to be superior. A group of about three to four people are nice as long as it is 100% clear that
* They are right,
* you agree with them 100%,
* if you do not agree in all parts then you are (naturally) wrong (and obviously member of "FGMEMBERS").

I didn't meet those pre requisite and was still treated well, I might be an exception then ?
Anyway, that seems to be too personal and subjective matter there ;)

Hans is spinning precisely the false story that fgmembers would use to perpetuate in their attempts to recruit away from this forum (to their own forum of course.) In fact on more than one occasion I had someone from the fgmembers site explain to me how they would sign up to our forum under a new name and burner email address, post under the guise of a being a new user and then be mistreated. Strangely, these fake new[s] users would always post on some controversial subject with carefully selected trigger words. When they got a reply, their 2nd post would almost always be in full on fight mode. They suggested that I could do the same thing myself. Until then I didn't realize how easy it was to create fake emails and fake accounts. Now we see twitter, facebook, youtube, and all the other social media sites clearly struggling to combat these same tactics. It has infected our politics and larger society, so I guess it's no surprise that we see it here too ... just disappointing more than anything.

So for the casual reader of this forum (or any other social media site in the world.) Take the time to do a bit of research. I believe you can search for specific users here and look at all their posting history. It doesn't take long to sort out who is here to ask fair questions, who is here to contribute something to the community (a service, a 3d model, artwork, data, code, etc.) And it also doesn't take long to figure out who is here to divert threads into arguing and attempt to make this forum a toxic environment to hurt everyone.

We live in an age where it's important to take that extra little bit of time to research what you are seeing. Check up on the history of the person posting, google the image before you re-share a meme, look at the source of an article before you comment on it or like or share it.
University of Minnesota
curt
Administrator

Postby daweed » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:23 pm

hans05 wrote in Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:03 pm:So you are just one of those who prefer to insult people of different opinion rather than to just ignore them?
Well, welcome to the team, I guess.

I read 3 time my last message to be sure, but sorry don't see any "insult" as you claim... but you are free to imagine what u want to read.

You are quite free to continue to pour out your hatred of this project, as the admins will be free to make the decisions they deem appropriate, and from this point of view you are nobody to question their decisions.

One might think, reading to yourself thinking that a project, because it would be an open source, is a democracy where managers must follow people, I think [and it only binds me] that you are mistaken. You have, at least at this time, nothing to bring constructive in this project and want to make the revolution here ...

Again, if this project does not please you [in the way it is conducted or anything else ] why continue to come here. I continue to think that your negative attitude is detrimental to the good functioning of this community and that instead of proposing things to improve you only have destructive sugestion and monopolize the precious time that is ours. My own documentation is far [ very far] from perfect, it has not been erased so far, it even by places been corrected by people I do not know and I thank them because unlike your attitude they built.

So if you do not feel comfortable here, you are free to fly to new heavens.

As it has been said, it is also difficult for me to understand this rage that you have towards those who every day make this project better.

There no insult in this message, but once again u will read what u want.

I said what I had to say and now I would not continue to waste my time responding to someone who has such a narrow vision, because no one blames you for having ideas, but of course, no one wants to see the fruit of his work destroyed simply because someone believes that it should be done without even having made any constructive proposal.
Linux Mint 18.3
AMD FX 4300 Quad-Core Black Edition|20 Go RAMGeForce GTX 750 Ti
FG Interface
Lyon Saint Exupery Scenery
daweed

Callsign: daweed

Postby hans05 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:58 pm

I am really impressed how easily one can create an avalanche here in this forum.
All of you turn around in circles and write really totally useless stuff that has been written a hundred times already in other posts to a totally unimportant hans.

I start to like the FGMEMBERS paranoia most. If you all knew how unimportant this entire thing (FG-forum AND FGMEMBERS) really is for me. But while you guys make fools out of yourselves, I can still freely use the software you created. Isn't that ironic :-)
hans05

Postby hans05 » Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:11 pm

curt wrote in Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:49 pm:Hans is spinning precisely the false story that fgmembers would use to perpetuate in their attempts to recruit away from this forum (to their own forum of course.) In fact on more than one occasion I had someone from the fgmembers site explain to me how they would sign up to our forum under a new name and burner email address, post under the guise of a being a new user and then be mistreated. Strangely, these fake new[s] users would always post on some controversial subject with carefully selected trigger words. When they got a reply, their 2nd post would almost always be in full on fight mode. They suggested that I could do the same thing myself. Until then I didn't realize how easy it was to create fake emails and fake accounts. Now we see twitter, facebook, youtube, and all the other social media sites clearly struggling to combat these same tactics. It has infected our politics and larger society, so I guess it's no surprise that we see it here too ... just disappointing more than anything.

So for the casual reader of this forum (or any other social media site in the world.) Take the time to do a bit of research. I believe you can search for specific users here and look at all their posting history. It doesn't take long to sort out who is here to ask fair questions, who is here to contribute something to the community (a service, a 3d model, artwork, data, code, etc.) And it also doesn't take long to figure out who is here to divert threads into arguing and attempt to make this forum a toxic environment to hurt everyone.

We live in an age where it's important to take that extra little bit of time to research what you are seeing. Check up on the history of the person posting, google the image before you re-share a meme, look at the source of an article before you comment on it or like or share it.

Oh Curt, if you had the least little bit of guts then you would meet me on voice. Sometimes I take part in FGUK flight-nights and for people like you or Thorsten I would anytime arrange some real-voice-online-meeting.
I am real, no fake, no FGMEMBERS-head-hunter. I guess you know that. So I challenge you to step out, show some courage and have a RL-talk to me.
hans05

Postby Maerchenprinz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:29 am

Hi Hans05!

As Torsten and Curt et al. seem to be busy with something more important (like picking their nose or counting the bricks of the neighbours' house), and I'm pretty bored, I'll take the opportunity to reply at this late hour - Late night TV was better once... Anyway, back to terms, though I don't really know what to write, did I knew when I began to write? I'm such a slow typer (or typist?) thatI may have forgotten since I wrote the first sentence in this topic. Do you like typing? I don't. But it is necessary in life, like writing letters and such. I like talking, I'm waaaayyyyy faster with my mouth than with my two fingers (smiley!). My fingers and my mouth are made by evolution, it's that thing about dinosaurs created the earth and such. Do you like evolution? I don't. Though, I have ham and eggs in my fridge, and I can eat them with my mouth, which was made by dinosaurs! Do you like dinosaurs? I do! I would like to have a baby dinosaur as a pet, and I would teach it some tricks, that would be real fun. And I would not like to see it grow up, they become soooo big and then they eat people (I've seen that on TV)! Do you like growing up? I don't. I like ham and eggs, they're really good when you put them in a pan, especially the eggs. I'm really looking forward to being hungry when I'll get up tomorrow, because then I can eat them! And it will be Sunday! Do you like Sundays? The Smiths don't. And they don't like ham. They complain about everything anyway. Like the queen, who is really old! That's mean!! I'll have salt and pepper on the ham and eggs, they're both spices, though salt is not a spice, it' a something like a mineral that's pretending to be a spice! Salt cannot talk, so can it pretend? I don't know. I don't like salt. Because it doesn't talk. It should talk and tell me why it is not what it is! I hate salt! I will gorge it, yes I will, and my baby dinosaur will eat baby dogs and baby fridges! And ham!!!!! Do you like fridges? Write back as soon as you can.

Ciao,

Adrian
Maerchenprinz

Callsign: Adrian

Postby curt » Sun Apr 14, 2019 3:10 am

Adrian, we each have our own primary skill set. Torsten definitely is the better brick counter and I am always in some state or form of nose picking. At work and around people I try to be discrete, well at least when I was younger ... now who cares. This is the main reason no one wants to video chat with me for more than about 30 seconds. Sleep well while your 3d printer prints: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:66882
University of Minnesota
curt
Administrator

Postby Maerchenprinz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:41 am

Wow, this "internet" beats everything! I was so much into 42 (or was it 41?), that I didn't notice the "thing"!
What is a 3D-printer?
Maerchenprinz

Postby hans05 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:16 am

@Maerchenprinz:
I don't know is it that you are more intelligent or just that you are from Ruhrgebiet (where I lived quite some time and I am big fan of).
But your reaction is much more adequate to things that I or FlighingHigh write here than the reaction of the majority of people who distribute an incredible level of hate instead of tolerantly just not care.

I just wonder about the high number of words you use to express you don't care. Nice text anyway!

@Curt:
So Curt, no life voice chat? Nose picking seems like a very cheap excuse for not having to stand up in RL for all of this.
hans05

Postby Thorsten » Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:21 am

If you all knew how unimportant this entire thing (FG-forum AND FGMEMBERS) really is for me. But while you guys make fools out of yourselves, I can still freely use the software you created. Isn't that ironic

I'd for people like you or Thorsten I would anytime arrange some real-voice-online-meeting.

What makes you think you're so important that I'd reserve time for you or that I'd even want to voice-talk to you? Especially since it's allegedly 'unimportant' to you (I wish you'd make up your mind...).

And no, it's not ironic. We knew, the state of the world being what it is, that when we agreed to license GPL, there'd be any number of people we don't like doing things with the software we don't approve of. GPL is a leap of faith that the good aspects of collaboration will outweigh that in the end.

Rather than being ironic, your whole sentence illustrates rather clearly what kind of a human being you are and what philosophy you're up against.

I kind of wish you'd take your destructive attitude elsewhere, but the more likely outcome is that you'll continue to try to be disruptive with the aim of being banned so that you can go and complain about censorship of your precious opinion.

Why don't you save everyone the charade?
Thorsten

Postby Maerchenprinz » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:18 am

Thanks for your quick response!
Vou really digged me, I have to admit. I mean, I respond here!:
A)
I don't know is it that you are more intelligent

and
B)
your reaction is much more adequate

and
C)
you are from Ruhrgebiet (where I lived quite some time and I am big fan of).

Hans, unfortunately A is correct so that I don't fall for that embarrasing b and c.
just wonder about the high number of words you use to express you don't care.

I didn't!

Ciao,

Adrian
Maerchenprinz

Postby hans05 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 2:03 pm

Thorsten wrote in Sun Apr 14, 2019 7:21 am:What makes you think you're so important that I'd reserve time for you or that I'd even want to voice-talk to you? Especially since it's allegedly 'unimportant' to you (I wish you'd make up your mind...).

Nothing. I already anticipated that neither Curt nor you have the guts to defend your nonsense in a RL talk where you can not hide away behind your keyboard.
hans05

PreviousNext

Return to Documentation