Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

Problems setting up Joystick and Rudder Pedals

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Problems setting up Joystick and Rudder Pedals

Postby JFG80 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:32 pm

Hello everybody,

I am new to FlightGear and have a problem to set up my joystick and rudder pedals.
I followed the instructions in the wiki but cannot find the file js_demo.exe which is supposed to be in the bin folder, so I am not able to run this little utility and have no idea why FlightGear would not recognize my input devices.

I am running FG on Windows 10 fully updated and use T.Flight Hotas X and the corresponding T-Rudder panel.

Any help is appreciated.
JFG80

Re: Problems setting up Joystick and Rudder Pedals

Postby stuart » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:23 pm

Hi,

You shouldn't need to use js_demo.exe - FlightGear should recognize your stick and pedals as USB devices, and "just work"!

Inside the simulator, do they appear if you select File-Joystick Configuration? That should show a dialog with a dropdown containing two elements - one for the joystick and another for the pedals.

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Re: Problems setting up Joystick and Rudder Pedals

Postby JFG80 » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:42 pm

Thanks for your quick reply!

They did not show up in that dialog box before but now they do and here is what I did to fix it (just in case somebody else runs into the same problem):

In the Gamecontroller settings I have two gamecotrollers listed, the T.Flight Hotas X and T.Rudder. Here I went to extended settings and chose a "preferred device", in my case the joystick before the rudders and then it started to work.

Thanks again!
JFG80

Return to Hardware