Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

Using WED - Airport Sign Extractor

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: Using WED - Airport Sign Extractor

Postby MickeySkooter » Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:56 am

Update ASE v089 Elevation Offset All and Reverse ALL functions are implemented. The user must save after action if its what you wanted. The number of airports in STG file is now displayed next to the STG file label. Click the number and all airports will be listed. click again to hide list. The first airport on the list is the Primary airport. The zip file contains only changed resources. Cut and paste them into your previous ASE folder to replace them.

SteveO

ASE v089
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WPXJsryz32r7QY1vTD_nHfLUrfkVV4Y3/view?usp=sharing
MickeySkooter

Callsign: NC3110
Version: 2017.3.1

Postby MickeySkooter » Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:00 am

Making progress on Multipoint Assignment feature. The GUI is shaping up and debugging is ongoing. Will be the next update ASExv09x.

Tested ASE 09x with FlightGear 2018.2.2, all work well. Great job Thorsen. New version FG runs well, highly recommended
MickeySkooter

Postby MickeySkooter » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:34 pm

PROGRESS REPORT:
[~] MULTIPOINT ASSIGNMENT
[x] Loads airport OBJECT_SIGN data to combobox (list ).
[x] Identifies the type of data WED, STG, OBJ(saved object data ... aptID.txt)
[x] Loads all points within ufo_model_export.
[x] Identifies line for point data(ref), long, lat , elev, hdg as 'ref 20' data on line 20
[x] Marks ASSIGNED point with selected sign number.
[x] Assign INCLUDE checkboxes: long, lat, elev, hdg.
[x] include code for each point : dec 15= bin16=1111=F : reads ASSIGNED 17 to point 2 ref 20 (F)
[x] Clears ASSIGNED point to allow reassigning.(CLR Assignment)
[x] Comment line for each sign in OBJECT_SIGN list.
[x ] Quick comment buttons : [SIGN OK] [N ELEV]Needs elevation.[N HDG] ...
[x] Saves comments for each aptID in storage folder for recall.(SAVE)
[x] COMPILE OBJ
Compiles Multipoint data and rebuilds OBJ editor. Not automatically saved. ? Checkbox for autosave?
[x] MULTIPOINT ASSIGNMENT HELP
Last edited by MickeySkooter on Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MickeySkooter

Postby MickeySkooter » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:01 am

Compiled OBJ successfully, in early testing and one other task to finish (Quick Comments)
Will post a link here for ASE v09x here.

Here's the new update, all resource files are included in this zip to cover changes. Let me know of issues. SteveO
ASE v093
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pr62wj03WA3v_843m8nLtaTHwrlqSyHm/view?usp=sharing
MickeySkooter

Postby MickeySkooter » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:56 am

Back to testing with my test airport KPHX. Finding issues with ASE v093 in multi sign (assign) and sign maker(append.

Found the issue with sign maker, I tried to cover manual editing the sign code, by changing the code text to uppercase, which missed up arrow signs.
The multi sign issue is that it only gives max lines of the wed dat obj import even if the STG or OBJ has more signs. Working on the fix.
MickeySkooter

Postby MickeySkooter » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:04 am

Here's the update ASE v094 fixing issues with ASE v093. The automatic uppercase for manual editing has been removed. If editing in sign maker manually by typing in the text box, the user needs to use proper syntax in making signs. ..... B3 not b3

ASE v094
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NTm5ZN1TdANDtwvL1EsQWyoYreXvLFK9/view?usp=sharing
MickeySkooter

Postby MickeySkooter » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:28 pm

Continued testing, I didn't like the fact that the multi sign COMPILE didn't autosave, so I added a checkbox for autosave that defaults to save. I generally only click a few points, so autosave works for me, but if the user wishes to assign many points you may want to turn autosave off. Currently programmed into ASE v095 which has not been released until further testing and general cleanup of the code.

Question, did I turn off replies? Haven't seen any comments, suggestions ... negative or positive. SteveO :roll:
MickeySkooter

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:48 pm

you can't ""turn off replies"" in the forum... the thing is that only one or two other folk posted back in the beginning but mostly since then it is only you... kinda like posting build and development notes to a blog of sorts... that's ok, though :)

what i'm trying to figure out is what is this tool used for... i know it is related to the signs along the taxiways and such but aside from that, i don't know what to do with it IF i could even run it... i'm on linux and don't do winwhatever... not even in WINE...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby MickeySkooter » Sun Jun 24, 2018 7:38 pm

Probably a lot of folk with Linux machines. I was beginning to wonder, what the issue was. Will port to Linux when it becomes more robust.
Yea ... it yet another Taxi Sign Utility. I found FlightGear places WED apt.dat signs in reverse heading with no elevation data, which prompted me to make the app.
I have a ton of airports with no taxi signs like KATL with no signs at all. Maybe someone has a terrasync KATLt.dat that has all objects.
The GNU/Liberty Basic Compiler Collection (GLBCC) allows Linux users to compile LIbery Basic basic. files into standalone apps for Linux.
Also, there is /http://www.runbasic.com/ that compiles Liberty Basic to Linux apps.
I kinda like you biased against Windows because Microsoft changes things without you knowing, MacOS is my preferred. In process control, we use DEC VAX.
Thanks for your post wkitty, always look forward to your feedback.
MickeySkooter

Postby portreekid » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:17 pm

DEC VAX? Wow I learned to code C++ on VMS 5.5 30 years ago. Still running?
portreekid

Version: 3.0

Postby MickeySkooter » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:11 pm

The application was Bailey Controls B90, which ran the paper machine(s), I/O and graphic user interfaces OIU's. C+ like language, but not C. Not a proficient C+ or C++ programmer like yourself. Python looks interesting, future endeavor.
MickeySkooter

Postby MickeySkooter » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:22 am

Added quick line feature to Multi-Point Assignment, gets you to the sign you're looking for, just click SIGN or SELECTED button then enter sign number, Same as LINE does on the ASE main page. General code clean up. Continued testing at KDFW and KPHX. Will be available next update. Considering 'sign search' and 'nearest sign ' which compares working sign data, (longitude-latitude), to ufo model export data
MickeySkooter

Postby MickeySkooter » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:05 pm

Here's ASE v095 with Multi-Point updates. SEARCH finds the search string, case sensitive. Selects the first found; sign but, list up to ten. (Could be more)
Other features, like a list of already assigned signs. Prohibits the same sign from being assigned more than one time. Clear the point if you wanted to reassign it.
Pulled zip file ASE v095 for issues with Mult-Point Compile as a bug that assigns the same sign code to all ASSIGNED points,

Found the issue and tested the fix. Sign placement, long, lat, elev, hdg and size perfect. Correct sign for all assignments. After more testing update will be placed here.

Here's the updated ASE 095b
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17Q7BiWMjl1SVxGNRwPGYDPscm5qWw4z4/view?usp=sharing
MickeySkooter

Postby MickeySkooter » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:38 pm

Changes with upcoming update
In this update, ASE version 0 9 6, added the HINT feature that guides the user when action is needed or an option.
A red box indicates action is needed and the green box means it's optional, not required.
Also, HINT enhances HELP topics by highlighting areas during the help discussion.
Now the WORKING AIRPORT button also opens the file dialog just as Load Airport on the menubar, to select and new working airport.
Now HElp has a new submenu "Changes this Update". . Modified Load Airport Submenu. Using HINT feature, work well in giving clues on actions and options. Several button changes in Sign Maker will add to Help menu. All help topic will be updated in the future. SteveO

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bPFbraNl6Y9e2B255RU634W-ePJHyqLR/view?usp=sharing

Add your previous version preferences .txt file by cutting and pasting to the updated folder, otherwise, you will have to set preferences again.
MickeySkooter

Postby MickeySkooter » Sun Jul 08, 2018 2:18 am

Located an issue activating MONITOR UFO before you have a valid import model export path in preferences. Both import model export and fgroot$ dat location should be entered before proceeding. ASE v097 corrects these issues.

Still working on the issue. Found after setting preferences, the app would crash unless I would close and restarted the program.

Heres update file version 097, Only the .exe file. No preview just download and place in previous ASE folder to replace the other file. Doe an internal restart no need to close and restart. More testing .... SteveO

Here's ASE v0.9.7.3, was a tough one to debug but, never quit till you get it right.
Another update from v0.9.7.2, to v0.9.7.3, Just drop in previous ASE folder and click replace the older version.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hoe8DWKjU2bD2ZAapHuQoitf2KjsYbGB/view?usp=sharing
MickeySkooter

PreviousNext

Return to Scenery