Board index FlightGear Development Nasal

Progress on synthetic terrain?

Nasal is the scripting language of FlightGear.

Progress on synthetic terrain?

Postby omega95 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 1:49 am

It's been a while but I would like to know if there's any progress on Multi-camera/synthetic terrain. If so, is there a nasal API? :)
Merlion Virtual Airlines - the experience of a flight time...
Get high quality aircraft, airports, video tutorials or development tools from my hangar.
omega95

Callsign: MIA0001, OM-EGA
IRC name: omega95
Version: 2.12 git

Re: Progress on synthetic terrain?

Postby Hooray » Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:42 am

assuming that you are referring to this thread, none of this has been implemented yet. Basically, this will require a different way of using OSG viewer in FG: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Howto:Use_a_ ... siteViewer

It is my understanding that all core developers are supportive of this change but that nobody is currently working on it, also it would touch quite a few places in FG/SG: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=18813&p=174772&hilit=compositeviewer#p174772

I'm not sure about Tom's opinion here, but a while back he mentioned that it would be trivial to add this to the canvas system once FG as a whole has switched to CompositeViewer. Overall, this would also be useful for tail cameras or aircraft mirrors. For a "synthetic view" one would only need to add hooks to also use the effects/shader framework to change the appearance of the camera view and make it differ from the main scenery.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Re: Progress on synthetic terrain?

Postby Michat » Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:46 am

Omega I have non specific idea at this issue.
I want to share with you this post, maybe (sure) that you can doing good new things with mesh.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=18807

Awesome Omega95.
Michat

Version: 191b

Return to Nasal