Board index Other Hangar talk

Tell us why you are happy!

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Tell us why you are happy!

Postby Gijs » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:06 pm

This topic is meant to share happy stories. Please, do not reply to the storries of others, without adding your own happy story.

I am happy because: I just managed to commit something for the first time to our "new" Git repository! It is the Boeing 747-400 that I'm working on, so the updates that I kept on a "private" SVN repository are soon to be in Git. Soon, because I still need to wait on someone to push my "merge request" into the official Git repo. You can see my merge request here. I also started working on a wiki paragraph about commiting things to Git on Windows, which can be seen through this link.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Re: Tell us why you are happy!

Postby Quadunit404 » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:09 pm

I am happy because I am close to actually beginning to contribute to FlightGear :D

Both of my planned projects are in my signature. Only the DHC-7-150 has been confirmed, though; the alternate front-end for Windows is undecided.
Quadunit404

Postby Ant » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:10 pm

I am happy because i found the link of the 737-700 what lots of people wanted :D :D
Hey guys my new website www.antshanger.webs.com
Ant

Callsign: Ant
Version: 2

Postby HHS » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:22 pm

Ant wrote:I am happy because i found the link of the 737-700 what lots of people wanted :D :D

...and everybody could find with using the search function of this forum.... :wink:

Well...
1.) I'm happy to get the rate of change values I needed per nasal script!
2.) I'm happy to get my used airfoild closer to realitity which menas that the perfomance of my aircraft is very close to reality1
Up, up and away
HHS

Version: GIT

Postby JcHnd » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:53 pm

Well... I'm Happy Because I Finally Have a Nice Car! :wink:
Live Your Life, The Way You Are!!! Image

My Liveries Site:
http://jchnd.blogspot.com/
JcHnd

Callsign: HR-JCL

Postby jack » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:03 am

I am happy because I am almost ready to release the AC-130!!! :D
For Military Aircraft, Scenery, and more, visit http://alphashangar.co.nr/

'Retired' from FlightGear as of July 2011. You can contact me via my website if you'd like to pick up any old projects.
jack
Retired

Callsign: Alpha-J, Rescue1

Postby nickyivyca » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:39 am

I have a bunch of happy reasons.

-I almost have autostart working on the 787.
-I will be getting 2gigs of RAM (twice what I currently have), and later, a completely new computer. My current computer will go to my mom.
-DHC-7 development will start soon. I've never built even part of an aircraft starting from scratch, so it'll be fun. After it's pretty much done, I think I'll consider myself ready to take on my own project next summer, though I'll probably do the 787 and CRJ cockpits first, and do some aircraft stretches (787-9, CRJ-700/900/1000, the bizjet CRJs too). I probably won't do any completely new aircrafts for a few years, as there is the 747-100, 200, ,300, SP, MD-82+, MD-80, DC-9, 737-500/600...The list of options keeps on going. Lots of things to do in FlightGear makes me happy.
Personal Fleet: 787-8, CRJ-200, 737-300, MD-81, DHC-3A, Beechcraft Starship
New hangar!
Curent projects: New 787, New CRJ-200, DC-9, New 777-200ER FDM
nickyivyca

Callsign: Nick, ---206

Postby statto » Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:46 am

I'm working on land cover for southern new york state and then new jersey for the next scenery release, and it's coming along well.
Custom Scenery available from http://www.stattosoftware.com/flightgear
statto

Postby someguy » Wed Aug 18, 2010 5:45 am

Great thread idea, Gijs!

I'm happy because my new iMac's graphics card runs all the 2.0 shaders at 25-60 fps, even rain. The 3D clouds are gorgeous!

I'm also happy because its new tires and suspension let me pull a full G in my Miata. Zoom Zoom!
someguy

Version: 2019.1.1

Postby skyop » Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:08 am

HHS wrote:...and everybody could find with using the search function of this forum.... :wink:

I GET IT I SHOULD HAVE LOOKED CLOSER AT THE SEARCH RESULTS STOP NAGGING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ;)

I'm happy because I've gotten the movable jetway system working, and I'm ready to submit the first airport that implements it (KLAS) as soon as Martin gets back. I'm also happy because I've started getting requests for help with aircraft development. :) I'll be even happier if the A320-family merger with Ampere is successful.
Aircraft: [ CRJ700-family | DC-10-30 ] Scenery: [ KBFL ]
skyop

IRC name: skyop
Version: next

Postby nickyivyca » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:08 am

search.php?keywords=747-400&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Search never worked reliably for me...

Anyways, I'm almost done mapping and readying some IAE V2500 engines for the A320 model. I need to get some textures onto the file, though. My first experience mapping in Blender!

One weird thing that I noticed...The center cones of both the CFM and V2500 engines are not the same distance from the center.

Also...

Also, I'm happy that, even though I'm starting school :? , it looks like I should have a decently good year in high school.
:lol: The A320 Glider model is now available.
Personal Fleet: 787-8, CRJ-200, 737-300, MD-81, DHC-3A, Beechcraft Starship
New hangar!
Curent projects: New 787, New CRJ-200, DC-9, New 777-200ER FDM
nickyivyca

Callsign: Nick, ---206

Postby HHS » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:27 am

nickyivyca wrote:http://www.flightgear.org/forums/search.php?keywords=747-400&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

Search never worked reliably for me...

Seems like there is undocumented "feature": the fuction seems to see 747-400 as ((747) -(400))- so it don't finds it.
But something like that " 747 400" without "-" works. Stupid function in my eyes.

Anyways, I'm almost done mapping and readying some IAE V2500 engines for the A320 model. I need to get some textures onto the file, though. My first experience mapping in Blender!

Gratulations to your A320 and your Blender experience!
After a while you are so used to it that it is like biking: you will never forget it! :D
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby HHS » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:32 am

skyop wrote:
HHS wrote:...and everybody could find with using the search function of this forum.... :wink:

I GET IT I SHOULD HAVE LOOKED CLOSER AT THE SEARCH RESULTS STOP NAGGING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ;)

*g*
I'm happy because I've gotten the movable jetway system working, and I'm ready to submit the first airport that implements it (KLAS) as soon as Martin gets back. I'm also happy because I've started getting requests for help with aircraft development. :) I'll be even happier if the A320-family merger with Ampere is successful.

I'm happy because
1.) your success! I've tried to make something like that with start of developement of EDDF but failed. Great that it is working now!
2.) I added the ability to save the last state of the Ec130: state of fuel and oil-temperature will be saved on exit and called again when fgfs is launched and the heli selected. So watch your fuel and oil-temperature! I got the code from the PA22- thanks to the authors of this great example of Aircraft!
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby Blender3D » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:27 pm

I'm happy because I figured out how to update my GIT-repo so you can always have the newest versions of my helicopter. I'm also happy because I found out how to animate Instruments with non-linear scales.

YES YES YES YES!! :D

--Blender3D
Fly one of the biggest rotary wing aircraft the world has seen so far! --> Get the newest version now! (http://gitorious.org/mil-mi-6/mi6dev/archive-tarball/master or "git clone git://gitorious.org/mil-mi-6/mi6dev.git")
Blender3D

Postby clrCoda » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:26 pm

Topic wrote:Tell us why you are happy!

"Why" am I happy? I will tell you "why".

I decided to be so.

Simple decision, really. Wife and kids healthy and prospering.

Woke up again today. A sign of a good day.
Learned something new, yet again, today.

Went out of my way to make someone's day a bit better. Try to do that every day. Simple courtesy really;
a kind word here, affectionate appreciation there.

Flew my flight for the day. Might fly more. Each flight is a thank you to the contributors, from all of the pilots that fly to all of the contributors that contrib. Tribute.
Ray St. Marie
clrCoda

Next

Return to Hangar talk