Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

LFLJ Part II

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

Re: LFLJ Part II

Postby Fahim Dalvi » Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi,

Looks Promising and Beautiful!

Regards,
Fahim
Fahim Dalvi

Callsign: Fahim
Version: 2020.3.11

Postby D-79 » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:51 pm

papillon81 wrote:The slope is a problem for YSBSim models. Many weird things are happening for them. The other aircraft work quite well, after some training. :-)

The Seneca II, for example, bucks like a mule when on that slope. An interesting experience, too :)

But most important: Thanks for that improvement to LFLJ, Chris!

David
callsign: D-79
Scenery contributions: EDDM, EDDP, LOWI, ENAL and ENSD, North Sea oil platforms, taxiway signs at EDDF and EDDT
D-79

Version: GIT

Postby mifi » Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:52 pm

papillon81 wrote:To bring this topic back on the track: I created a testing terrain for Courchevel, using only the native terrain mechanisms (no overlay models).

It is looking very nice. Hope you get this one finished.

As you have probably seen in this trhead, I visited Courchevel and made pictures of the buildings etc..
I can find them again, I hope, if that helps.

Good luck!

ciao
m
mifi

Version: git next

Postby NicQ » Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:10 pm

papillon81 wrote:To bring this topic back on the track: I created a testing terrain for Courchevel, using only the native terrain mechanisms (no overlay models).

I hope I'll be able to modify the altitude data accordingly to represent the real runway profile. This is something that needs some more time...
The slope is a problem for JSBSim (not YSBSim, hehe, my edit) models. Many weird things are happening for them. The other aircraft work quite well, after some training. :-)

The files are available from the SVN server below.

On jsb and sloped runways : not sure if adding contact points in ground reactions section of fdm will help or not.

On using your custom scenery : do I need to download the whole tile, or just the airport btg.gz file ? What are the extents of your terrain editing in e006n45 ?
Asking because I use terrasync mostly, but I have a separate (third, counting the default data/Scenery) scenery folder for custom scenery. When there is no matching object folder for custom terrain, I need to copy that tile's object folder over from terrasync, hoping they more or less fit.
Thanks in advance,
Cheers !!
Nic
If it ain't broke, break it. How else are you going to figure out how it works ?
Callsign: C-NICQ, amateur FGFS military and aerobatic test pilot, pushing the envelope since 2009 (sic)

FGFS Gallery
Birds Of Gear, a blog
NicQ's Workshop
NicQ

Postby papillon81 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi @all and thanks for the warm words :-)

mifi wrote:As you have probably seen in this trhead, I visited Courchevel and made pictures of the buildings etc..
I can find them again, I hope, if that helps.

Yes, I already downloaded the pics. If I am not mistaken, Fahim made some models already. If they are GPL and as soon/if the runway is complete, we can use them there, too, if Fahim is ok with this.

NicQ wrote:On using your custom scenery : do I need to download the whole tile, or just the airport btg.gz file ? What are the extents of your terrain editing in e006n45 ?
Asking because I use terrasync mostly, but I have a separate (third, counting the default data/Scenery) scenery folder for custom scenery. When there is no matching object folder for custom terrain, I need to copy that tile's object folder over from terrasync, hoping they more or less fit.

You should download the whole e006n45 tile, as it is difficult to tell which regions are around the airport and thus changed. If you want the terrasync objects in this new scenery, just copy them over into the objects folder. I don't think it will lead to problems as I only changed the area around LFLJ.

HTH
Chris
Scenery guy. Currently working on: Terragear improvements for the 850 apt.dat format
Scenery Repo: http://gitorious.org/papillon81/flightgear-custom-scenery/"
papillon81

Callsign: D-PAP

Postby Fahim Dalvi » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:37 pm

papillon81 wrote:we can use them there, too, if Fahim is ok with this.

Hi,
The Problem is that a Google Earth Issue came up long after i made the Models, and i use the measurements from GE. Now they say that it is a derivative of GE, and thus the scenery cannot be used in FG. I'll try to recreate the buildings, completely from scratch!

Regards,
Fahim
Fahim Dalvi

Postby papillon81 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 2:58 pm

Hi,

pretty much one year passed since the last activity here. A lot has happened in the meantime. I have created a buildscript which more or less automates the terragear process. For testing purpose I created the LFLJ scenery, for the first time after my custom scenery changes there. I think it looks a lot more interesting now:

Of course, shaders also play a big role here.
It will be available from the next scenery release or right now from the GIT server.

Cheers
Chris
Scenery guy. Currently working on: Terragear improvements for the 850 apt.dat format
papillon81

Postby glazmax » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:12 am

Chris, that looks very promising :)

You can get some detailed info about the runway slope and approach from the sia homepage:
https://www.sia.aviation-civile.gouv.fr/aip/enligne/fr/..%5CPDF_AIPparSSection%5CVAC%5CAD%5C2%5C1007_AD-2.LFLJ.pdf

Cheers,
glazmax
XXX pilot of the caribbean - bones and porters XXX
glazmax

Callsign: jettoo/OE-JTO
Version: cvs

Postby Fahim Dalvi » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:28 am

Hey!

Nice work there! Will test it out very soon :D By the GIT server you mean the terragear Server? Or is it available via terrasync?

Regards,
Fahim
Fahim Dalvi

Postby papillon81 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:07 am

Hi Fahim,

by GIT I mean the server in my signature with some previews of regions I am working on. You can give it a try if you want.

Cheers,
Chris
papillon81

Previous

Return to Scenery