Board index FlightGear Development Scenery

LOWI airport

Questions and discussion about enhancing and populating the FlightGear world.

LOWI airport

Postby D-79 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:43 am

LOWI is a great place to fly, but so far there are no airport models there. I started to change that yesterday. So soon we'll have our first airport in Austria. The grey building between the tower and the tyrolean building is still to be painted, of course, and there are still tons of little buildings to be put up.

It would be great if someone could help by building an AI network for this little airport. Some traffic there would be very nice.

Cheers
David
callsign: D-79
Scenery contributions: EDDM, EDDP, LOWI, ENAL and ENSD, North Sea oil platforms, taxiway signs at EDDF and EDDT
D-79

Version: GIT

Re: LOWI airport

Postby snipey » Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:50 am

nice but are you using the updated lowi scenery. it really makes the area look better and fixes the serious errors like the weird mountain\
snipey

Callsign: snipey

Postby D-79 » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:41 am

snipey wrote:nice but are you using the updated lowi scenery. it really makes the area look better and fixes the serious errors like the weird mountain\

I'm not using it now, did before. A great piece of work! In any case, Tuxklok's scenery does not effect the airport layout, so right now I do not need it for this job.

David
Scenery contributions: EDDM, EDDP, LOWI, ENAL and ENSD, North Sea oil platforms, taxiway signs at EDDF and EDDT
D-79

Postby Tuxklok » Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:41 pm

Nice work! I started on some models long ago but lost some things and then I got carried away with life and other projects and never got back to it. Glad to see it's getting some attention again.

I think I have a mostly finished ground network made for LOWI here somewhere, I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

cheers
The Austria Scenery Project - more info
fg-scenery-tools - gitorious | videos
fgcomgui - Open source, cross platform, gui front end for fgcom. more info

More random musings and doings can be found on my personal site. (work in progress)
Tuxklok

Callsign: Tuxklok / N1292P

Postby D-79 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:07 am

Tuxklok wrote:I think I have a mostly finished ground network made for LOWI here somewhere, I'll have to see if I can dig it up.

Hey, that'd be great, have a look at it!

David
D-79

Postby D-79 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 8:34 am

Yesterday I continued work, adding the large hangar at the west end and the airport restaurant.

David

Image Image Image
D-79

Postby zakalawe » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:19 am

Nice, David!
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby Avionyx » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:18 am

Looking very very good. LOWI is an amazing airport to fly in and out of and this will just make it even better.

Alex
Avionyx

Callsign: G-AVYX
Version: 2020.4

Postby D-79 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:30 pm

As ATC at LOWI, I had several visitors today, including yomamo in a B-1B. The others are general aviation AI.

Best, David

Image Image Image Image
D-79

Postby D-79 » Sat Jul 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Welcome to Tyrol.

D-79

Postby statto » Sun Jul 04, 2010 4:15 am

Those buildings are great, glad to see them in the repository. Thanks for your hard work!
Custom Scenery available from http://www.stattosoftware.com/flightgear
statto

Postby D-79 » Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:53 pm

statto wrote:Those buildings are great, glad to see them in the repository.

Yesterday I found the time to send the remainder to Martin, who uploaded them right away. All that I have modelled for LOWI is in the repository now: http://scenemodels.flightgear.org/models.php

If you have installed Tuxklok's Innsbruck Area scenery download and this scenery folder has higher priority than the terrasync folder, there will be a conflict and you will not be able to see the terrasync'ed objects. There are two solutions to this:
1. You copy the content from the file [terrasync folder]/e010n40/e011n47/3138129.stg into [Innsbruck custom folder]/e010n40/e011n47/3138129.stg as well as you copy the models OR
2. You download the new Innsbruck custom scenery, which will contain the LOWI objects and which Tuxklok will provide soon.

Cheers
David
D-79

Postby Groucho » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:05 pm

D-79 wrote:2. You download the new Innsbruck custom scenery, which will contain the LOWI objects and which Tuxklok will provide soon.

Is there some bigger issue in merging Tuxklok's great work with the terrasync scenery? I find it astonishing that it has to be downloaded separately.
Helis: EC130, Bo105, UH-1, R22
Twins/Jets: Aerostar, CRJ-200
Groucho

Callsign: D-HARP

Postby Tuxklok » Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:13 pm

It's because of the Corine land cover data and Open Street Map data used, neither are (currently) GPL compatible.

I'll merge these buildings (which look great by the way) into my scenery package and get a download posted soon.

edit:I've now merged this with my Innsbruck area scenery and made a new download available. Also included in new download is a new ground network for LOWI. See this thread for details/download.

cheers!
The Austria Scenery Project - more info
fg-scenery-tools - gitorious | videos
fgcomgui - Open source, cross platform, gui front end for fgcom. more info

More random musings and doings can be found on my personal site. (work in progress)
Tuxklok

Callsign: Tuxklok / N1292P

Postby D-79 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:05 pm

I started working on LOWI again and added two more buildings (fire station and a garage), which can be downloaded via TerraSync:

Image Image

David
D-79

Next

Return to Scenery