Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

More or less Permanent MUMBLE server for Flightgear

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Re: More or less Permanent MUMBLE server for Flightgear

Postby Zexe » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:19 am

ChocBoy wrote:I don't know.....personally, I'm against having more than one voice thing. In fact, I'm for actually integrating a voice client into FGrun, and leaving it that way. It's already really rare to find someone on FGcom; why split the community into two?

I guess it depends on your perspective Chocboy to say that it is rare to find someone on FGcom, since in my case I have always heard others on it. You ask why split the community in two? I am not trying to split the community into two pieces, I'm trying to establish an alternate voice app to merge several communities into one. Someguy and the others that Michat mentioned will benefit from mumble since they can't use FGcom. This is probably the only way we can bridge the gap for those who want to speak as oppose to type. If we want the community to stay as one, then FGcom should adapt to the community needs. As far as I know, Mumble is the easiest way for an alternate to FGcom. Like I said before, it isn't suppose to replace FGcom, it is just there as an option should something happen to your FGcom.
Zexe
AIRPORTS: CYYJ, KHAF, RJTT, KEYW
PLANES: m33, grob115, pa22, Goose, MD-81, Velocity-XL, Rallye, F-5E Tiger II, Bocian,
Zexe

Postby Tuxklok » Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Zexe wrote:If we want the community to stay as one, then FGcom should adapt to the community needs.

FGCOM does not need to become yet another voip software like mumble or teamspeak. Those applications will always be better at that than something like fgcom could..or should. If people just want global chat, then mumble and teamspeak are the proper solution for them I think.

What FGCOM needs is to become a better radio simulation and adapt to the needs of realistic ATC services...something it currently fails on many points(as does fg itself). Unfortunately, due to the author falling on hard times health wise FGCOM is dead in the water..except for the fixes and updates I've been doing. I have some basic design work laid out for something much more generic and robust, that could be used by and incorporated into a variety of software wishing to participate in realistic radio simulation(read ATC simulation). When or if I'll actually have the time to turn that into something real is unclear though...

You could always run your own FGCOM server as well, if your not happy with how the current one is setup..or located.

cheers!
The Austria Scenery Project - more info
fg-scenery-tools - gitorious | videos
fgcomgui - Open source, cross platform, gui front end for fgcom. more info

More random musings and doings can be found on my personal site. (work in progress)
Tuxklok

Callsign: Tuxklok / N1292P

Postby ChocBoy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Is it possible at all to inter-link FGCOM and MUMBLE? Of course, if you use one, you might have certain advantages in transmitting/hearing, and the pilots could then choose the better one.
Account locked by self soon. Taking a break from FG. If you want to contact me, email me. Please don't hesitate. Anything, email.
Thank you.
ChocBoy

Callsign: ChocBoy

Postby redneck » Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:43 pm

I was just about to ask the same thing. What if you and a group of friends are on FGCom, and one other guy wants to voice chat with you, but is on Mumble, b/c he somehow failed to get FG to work. Would there be anyway to voice chat with the Mumble user while still using FGCom?
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby ChocBoy » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:04 pm

redneck wrote:I was just about to ask the same thing. What if you and a group of friends are on FGCom, and one other guy wants to voice chat with you, but is on Mumble, b/c he somehow failed to get FG to work. Would there be anyway to voice chat with the Mumble user while still using FGCom?

Exactly my point. It won't "divide" the community that much, but it might restrict voice comms.
Account locked by self soon. Taking a break from FG. If you want to contact me, email me. Please don't hesitate. Anything, email.
Thank you.
ChocBoy

Callsign: ChocBoy

Postby Tuxklok » Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:04 pm

FGCOM and Mumble are completely different applications...they can't be 'linked' together. Can you run them both at the same time and try to talk to people on each one? That's a question only you could answer. But mumble users are not going to hear fgcom users and vice versa..no.

cheers
The Austria Scenery Project - more info
fg-scenery-tools - gitorious | videos
fgcomgui - Open source, cross platform, gui front end for fgcom. more info

More random musings and doings can be found on my personal site. (work in progress)
Tuxklok

Callsign: Tuxklok / N1292P

Postby Zexe » Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:20 am

Tuxklok wrote:FGCOM and Mumble are completely different applications...they can't be 'linked' together. Can you run them both at the same time and try to talk to people on each one? That's a question only you could answer. But mumble users are not going to hear fgcom users and vice versa..no.

cheers

It is possible to connect the two, however I don't recommend it. You'd need an intermediary.

For example: Let's say I have mumble and fgcom running, but Mumble Dude wants to chat with FGcom Dude. All I'd have to do is turn on my stereo mixer and when Mumble dude wants to chat, I'd just press my PTT FGcom button and his message should be heard by Fgcom Dude. I don't recommend it but it is possible.
Using Mumble and FGcom isn't bad at all, I know Yakko used to do it, Michat and I do it, and if FG crashes, we can still talk on Mumble.

My Mumble server is always up and running, except down time, but anyways anyone can join it. Trying to use Skype would be difficult because who or what would you join besides your friends?
Zexe
PLANES: m33, grob115, pa22, Goose, MD-81, Velocity-XL, Rallye, F-5E Tiger II, Bocian,
Zexe

Postby Zexe » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:41 pm

**Just heard from Jomo again, FGcom is back up and running.

Just heard from Jomo that the FGcom servers are down. Flightgear MUMBLE is still up and running and there has been more traffic recently. Please feel free to use it for however long as you want, or until FGcom servers are back up and running again.

Best,
Zexe
Zexe
Zexe

Postby Zexe » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:38 am

Dear All,

I regret to inform you that the MUMBLE Flightgear will be closing permanently. It will close on Jan. 31st, 2012. I am sure many of you have enjoyed the MUMBLE channel. Creating a MUMBLE server is quite easy, so if you want one, please take a look at the MUMBLE documents.

I wish you all the best,
Zexe
Zexe
Zexe

Postby dacer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:02 am

For now I setup a mumble server. It's a domestic conection, so maybe slow, and I can not restore server when some problem, maybe I'm at job, holidays or other. This pc used to be connected 24x7 x365, but as said without support.

You can test it: url, dacer.homeip.net

For now, is for test, not sure If would be usefull.

Bye
dacer

Callsign: dacer
Version: GIT 2.7.0

Postby Michat » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:18 am

First I must to say thanks for the Jappannesse team that supported mumble for so long. Thanks Zexe.

The second, thanks to Dacer for housing us by sharing your equipment.
Michat

Version: 191b

Postby dacer » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:12 am

yes, Thanks to Jappannesse team, their mumble server work fine. I wish my server would work as fine as their. And surely I have a lot of to learn of them.

bye
dacer

Postby shialeweb » Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:25 pm

yo creo que estubo muy bien que los japoneses cerraran el canal de mumble de flightgear.
Ya que, parece ser que los españoles y haitianos abrieron un canal mumble apocrifo de flightgear. y como es de suponerse , solo algunos administran el canal, ademas debido a eso, se pueden notar abusos y acosos dentro del canal mumble flightgear controlado por los españoles y haitianos. ademas de ofender a los usuarios los bannean o kickean del canal mumble. No hay un buen control o administracion del canal mumble.
ademas , es muy notable que este pequeño grupo de españoles y haitianos tienen entre sus prioridades dividir a la comunidad de flightgear . ya que estan desviando la atencion de los usuarios de flightgear a otros simuladores y juegos como minecraft y otros.

Creo que lo mejor seria desarrollar y mejorar fgcom o algo que permita la comunicacion via audio dentro de flightgear. hay juegos que cuentan con un sistema de comunicacion de audio , en realidad aun no se por que no integran una buena comunicacion de audio en flightgear.

Yo invitaria a ese grupito de españoles y haitianos que se dicen ser muy buenos,inteligentes,y los mejores para hacer cosas en flightgear.
a que demuestren su talento desarrollando un buen sistema de comunicacion de radio en flightgear para el beneficio de la comunidad flightgear. ya que se la pasan todo el tiempo como freakys pegados al flightgear, al menos hagan algo bueno por el simulador .

El proposito de este post no es molestar , ni agraviar a nadie. Solo es para que reflexionen un poco. y al menos agan algo bueno por el juego de flightgear al cual dicen amar mucho y no dividan a la comunidad flightgear en pequeños grupos que realizan esfuerzos fallidos por tratar de monopolisar la comunidad flightgear.

P.D. Nacio,Vivio,Murio . Nunca hizo nada y nadie lo conocio. solo supimos que era un adicto a un juego de computadora, flightgear

I think estubo very well that the Japanese closed the channel of flightgear mumble.
Since it appears that the Spanish and Haitian opened a channel of flightgear apocryphal mumble. and as might be expected, few manage the channel, also because of that, you may notice abuse and harassment within the channel mumble flightgear controlled by the Spanish and Haitian. besides offending the bannean users or channel kickean mumble. There is a good channel control or administration of mumble.
moreover, it is remarkable that this small group of Spanish and Haitian has as its priority the community divide flightgear. since they are diverting the attention of users of FlightGear and other simulators and other games like minecraft.
I think the best would be to develop and improve fgcom or something that allows communication via audio in FlightGear. there are games that have an audio communication system, actually not even that good communication do not integrate audio flightgear.
I would invite to that small group of Spanish and Haitian who say they are very good, intelligent, and best to do things in FlightGear.
to demonstrate their talent to develop a good system of radio communication flightgear for the benefit of the community flightgear.
because they spend all the time as close to the flightgear freaky, at least do something good for the simulator.
The purpose of this post is not upset or offend anyone. Only to reflect a little.
P. S. Born, lived, diedd . He never did anything and no one met. just knew he was addicted to a computer game, flightgear
shialeweb

Callsign: SAX
Version: 2

Postby dacer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:58 am

1- If you don't like, don't use it!!!. No one pay me for do it. I have a server with my own resources, and I have to reserve bandwith for Mumble, and I can not use full bandwith for my personal use. And only few manage server?, yes what you want, anyone can manage it?. Do you want manage my credit cards, do you want my car, and maybe you also want my wife? It's stupid this you said. Server MUST BE MANAGED only by few ones. Enought to ensure one of them can help users, but not many so it's difficult to know how do some. As you said, you have some problem with admin, There are only 4 admin (me and other 3). Maybe there are too much admin.
2- If you like Mumble, but don't like this server, set up your own server. I do it, why you can not do it?
3- Maybe you have some problems with admins, but I haven't receive any mail with your suggest. And I'm server admin. So I don't know where do you complain.

No one force you to use Mumble instead fgcom. You can use and develop fgcom. I don't know everyone in this mumble server, but they use to stay here to enjoy and learn to fly together. Some of them, are working hard for flightgear, on wiki's, on development of aircarft and some. So you are neglecting their work. No one here are trying to split flightgear users.

Sl2

(There is not log info about any user with nick shialeweb on mumble log's, and there is not user banned on server, so tell me when you connect and your nick)

-español-
1- Si no te gusta el server, no lo uses. Nadie me esta pagando nada por tenerlo encendido, esta activo solo con mis propios recursos, y ello me lleva sacrificios propios. Reservo mas de la mitad de mi ancho de banda para Mumble, perdiendo capacidad para uso personal mio. Te quejas de que el servidor solo lo manejan unos pocos admin?. Es que precisamente la fiabilida de cualquier servidor se basa en tener los suficientes administradores para que siempre haya alguno disponible, pero que no haya muchos para evitar que sea dificil saber que hace cada uno. Te quejas de problemas con los admins. Pues puede ser que precisamente haya demasiados, en vez de pocos. Como es logico, yo no voy a poner mis recursos personales, para que otro venga a hacer con ellos lo que el quiera. Si quieres te paso tambien mis cuentas bancarias, mi coche y todo lo que quieras para que lo administres tu.
2- Si te gusta mumble, pero no este servidor, haz como yo. Monta tu propio server. Asi no tendras problemas con los admins, ya que seras tu.
3- No se a quien te habras quejado. Mi email, el del administrador del sistema, aparece nada mas entrar a mumble, y no he recibido ningun mensaje de queja. Creo que no estas siguiendo el canal correcto para quejarte.

Nadie te esta obligando a usar Mumble en vez de fgcom. Tu eres libre de usar fgcom, y si quieres de ponerte a escribir codigo de fgcom. No conozco a todo el mundo que se conecta a este server, es imposible, pero de la gente que me encuentro, todos se conectan aqui para disfrutar volando juntos, para aprender unos de otros y para mejorar. Jamas he escuchado de nadie que se queje de dividir a la comunidad de flightgear. Lo primero este server no es flightgear, es solo un servidor de mumble, en el primordialmente se trata de usar para usuarios de flightgear. Ademas te quejas de que no hacemos nada por fgcom. Pues deberias saber que muchos de los que pasan por aqui, estan trabajando (por cuenta propia y en sus ratos de ocio) para desarroyar caracteristicas de flightgear, como documentacion de las wikipedias, desarrollo de aviones, de aeropuertos. Creo que con tu cometario, estas despreciando el trabajo de estas personas, asi que es dificil entenderlo de una forma constructiva.

Sl2

PD: No hay ningun log de usuario con nombre shialeweb, en el log de mumble (almenos desde el dia 8 hasta hoy), y actualmente no hay usuarios baneados. Asi que dime con que nick te conectastes y que dia (el que dia es para facilitarme la busqueda en los logs, y no tener que repasar veinte ficheros). Estoy tratando de saber que paso, y no veo ni rastro tuyo (con nick shialeweb)
dacer

Postby alfo » Fri Nov 30, 2012 4:49 pm

I have a permanent mumble server running. It is located in germany with a full 100mbit internet connection.

mumble.allfex.org

All users have the permission to create temporary channels in the 'flightgear' channel. If you need a permanent channel for some reason, please send me a PM.

I am not sure if there is a need for a dedicated one, but it's always online, independent of flightgear, so you can choose or use this one as fallback server ;).
alfo

Previous

Return to Multiplayer