Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project

FlightGear being sold as another product.

Questions about the FlightGear organisation, website, wiki etc.

FlightGear being sold as another product.

Postby AndrewG45 » Sat May 22, 2010 11:01 pm

i have no idea were to put this but

http://www.flightprosim.com/

Navigate to the screenshots section,looks pretty similar right?there is nothing said on the web site as being authorised to sell flightgear by this name!

i have not played flightgear in a while but i remember the yellow chopper with the red cross on it(about half way down in screenshots)from flightgear,that's what put up the "red flag" to me.

Also scroll to the bottom of the screenshots section,you should see a screen with a white tri-jet aircraft in a Windows XP style window,look,it clearly says FLIGHTGEAR!

P.S. Everything is messed up,is it not? If a new video game comes out(like Modern Warfare 2 or other major games) people will crack it and give it away free on the internet,if a quality,but yet free game(like flightgear) comes out people steal and then sell it....makes me sick.
AndrewG45

Re: FlightGear being sold as another product.

Postby redneck » Sun May 23, 2010 12:41 am

Thanks for your concern, but this is already a known issue that has been discussed thoroughly elsewhere in the forum. Unfortunately, there is very little we can do about it b/c of the GPL. I don't fully understand it myself, so if you have questions, your best bet would be to do a forum search for flight pro sim.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby simbabeat » Sun May 23, 2010 2:46 am

This has been discussed for about a year. Why don't you go check out what everybody else has had to say in the millions of other topics.
simbabeat

Postby Gijs » Sun May 23, 2010 9:05 am

Welcome Andrew,

thanks for sharing your concerns! However, as you can read in the posts above, we are already aware of FlightProSim. You can read more about the matter at our wiki: http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php/FlightProSim

Cheers,
Gijs
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Return to The FlightGear project