Board index FlightGear The FlightGear project News

FlightGear v2.0 Now Available

News from the ever evolving world of FlightGear.

Re: FlightGear v2.0 Now Available

Postby simong » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:39 am

Hey all,
I'm wondering if anyone has been working on a mac binary.
Thank you.
Simong
simong

Postby simbabeat » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:21 am

Tat (complicated last name) is the one who distributes the mac binaries. I assume he is currently working on getting it out. For right now if you are on a mac you can just use the pre-release if that is good enough for you.
simbabeat

Postby planetacancun » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:53 am

Hey I have to thank you for your great script. I used to compile it all and mix it with my OS folders on Ubuntu 64 and it was a pain to upgrade it all! Would you be so kind to update the wiki file with the new link? I'm going to test this tonight.

http://wiki.flightgear.org/index.php/Sc ... ian/Ubuntu

brisa wrote:I have created a modified version of the download_and_compile.shscript to build using simgear/osg/flightgear specified for the 2.0.0 version (And data too of course).
http://brisa.homelinux.net/fgfs/download_and_compile-2.0.0.sh
Anybody wants to test it ?
I tested it on a 9.10, and it worked for me.
next step is my deb packages.....
Callsign:Fallen-
Videos: http://youtube.com/planetacancun2
planetacancun

Callsign: Fallen-
IRC name: Fallen-
Version: GIT

Postby brisa » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:20 pm

Sorry, what happened, the 2.0.0 script did it make some bad mix with your os ?
which new link do you mean ? the 2.0.0 one ?
brisa

Callsign: brisa

Postby planetacancun » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:38 pm

Hey!

Not your script, I used to compile it all myself, from source. All libraries and the program gets installed in your OS folders like /usr/lib/ /usr/local/lib/ etc.

With your script all gets installed inside a folder I specify (in this case ~/fgfs) so is not messing it up anymore. Your script saved my Karmic Koala! :D

Anyways, the data you download for 2.0.0 seems to be the same as for the Windows install. Like 288 some MB. What do I do to get all the planes and all the stuff?

I downloaded all the planes from a mirror, the Aircraft-2.0.0 folder, full with zip files. 1.2 GB worth in airplanes yay! What it would be great is a type of TerraSync / AirSync program to get them as needed, instead of downloading the whole enchilada. Anyways I did.

So is that 2 questions.
1.- Do I "sh download_and_compile-2.0.0.sh DATA" like before to get all stuff? or,
2.- Do I just unzip all the Aircraft-2.0.0 zip files on my FG 2.0 CVS? or the "sh download_and_compile-2.0.0.sh DATA" will get them?

Thanks and keep the great work :)

brisa wrote:Sorry, what happened, the 2.0.0 script did it make some bad mix with your os ?
which new link do you mean ? the 2.0.0 one ?
planetacancun

Postby brisa » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:14 am

If you want all plane and stuff then you should use the normal script version, the one the compiles from CVS.

even if you try to recompile, or re-download with 2.0.0 script it will always do the same result, because it is intended to compile and download exact 2.0.0 version of programs and data.

you can use the zip file.
Cheers and you all are always welcome :-)
Francesco
brisa

Callsign: brisa

Postby planetacancun » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:28 am

brisa wrote:If you want all plane and stuff then you should use the normal script version, the one the compiles from CVS.

I upgraded using the CVS one and my scenery was gone. I spawned under the water on KSFO. Anyways I have a working 2.0 thanks to your 2.0.0 script, I'll save that one and create another folder for starting all over with the CVS.
planetacancun

Postby planetacancun » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:06 am

I tested CVS code last night and nothing, the scenery on KSFO dissapears. I show under water and I can see the planes floating over me on multiplayer. I started terrasync and flew all over trying to download stuff, but nothing. I'm going to try again tonight. Some severe changes on the code? I have a working FG 2.0 on another folder anyways, I'm just testing stuff as usual :)

planetacancun wrote:
brisa wrote:If you want all plane and stuff then you should use the normal script version, the one the compiles from CVS.

I upgraded using the CVS one and my scenery was gone. I spawned under the water on KSFO. Anyways I have a working 2.0 thanks to your 2.0.0 script, I'll save that one and create another folder for starting all over with the CVS.
planetacancun

Postby fredb » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:17 pm

Changes between current CVS and v2.0.0 are very small. There are no breaking changes
fredb

Postby Jester » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:24 pm

Important: OSG rev 11143 introduced some change in the database pager code that makes the scenery disappear. It is still unclear if this is a bug or an API change that we have to adapt to. In the meantime, use rev 11142.
Jester

Callsign: BA996,Rescue1
IRC name: Jester01

Postby fredb » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:51 pm

Do you know if it is in OSG 2.9.6 or 2.9.7 ? I assume it is not in 2.9.6 as I didn't see the problem.
fredb

Postby trennor » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:53 pm

I managed (with MEGA HELP from D-HUND and JESTER - who have my undying gratitude for their awesome patience with a linux idiot!!) to download, compile and get running FG 2.0.0. on kubuntu 9.04 - without the use of a script. While I haven't played much with it yet, what I've seen has got me wanting to get into a cockpit and FLY as soon as, and as often as, I can.

A couple of issues arose in my experience:

1) after down loading and opening the OpenSceneGraph svn, it left a directory called "trunk" in my /source directory, which needed renaming to OpenSceneGraph in order for the configuration to proceed. Rename /trunk to /OpenSceneGraph, cd into it, and proceed.

2) Before attempting to compile FlightGear, I had to move all files from /lib64 to /lib, delete /lib64 (and contents) then create a symbolic link between lib and lib64, otherwise the compiler was unable to find the correct libraries and FG wouldn't configure or compile.

3) Once all was done and we'd run the trial run, FG wouldn't start until I specified, in my .fgsrc file: --fg-root=/home/wherever/your/data/dirctory/is/; in my case, I had to add: --fg-root=/home/me/flightgear2/data/ before FG would run. ((Note, I run FG from a command line, not FGRun, but I'm thinking this parameter probably has to be passed for users of fgrun as well . . .)

Special thanks to D-Hund and Jester for their aid in getting this awesome revision of FG going with me; I'm going to have many hours of sim enjoyment as a result of it.
Call sign: TRENN
Favourite Airplanes: Socata Rallye 859 , DeHavilland Twin Otter DHC6.
Studying navigation and learning the bigger airplanes. Any help and advice definitely appreciated. Thanks to those who have helped in the past.
trennor

Postby Jester » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:59 am

fredb wrote:Do you know if it is in OSG 2.9.6 or 2.9.7 ? I assume it is not in 2.9.6 as I didn't see the problem.

It was after 2.9.7. It is fixed now at least in rev 11198. I can't pinpoint the relevant commit and I don't think it is too important. In short: OSG/SVN is safe to use again (well, not unsafer than usually)
Jester

Callsign: BA996,Rescue1
IRC name: Jester01

Postby planetacancun » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:03 pm

So that happened to me. Thx I'm going for it again! I guess reporting this stuff is usual business around hehe. Thank you for the help Jester.

Jester wrote:
fredb wrote:Do you know if it is in OSG 2.9.6 or 2.9.7 ? I assume it is not in 2.9.6 as I didn't see the problem.

It was after 2.9.7. It is fixed now at least in rev 11198. I can't pinpoint the relevant commit and I don't think it is too important. In short: OSG/SVN is safe to use again (well, not unsafer than usually)
planetacancun

Postby Bravo » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:05 pm

wait, so is the mac release out yet? (the full release)
Bravo

PreviousNext

Return to News