Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

POLL: TransGear Airways approved equipment modification?

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Should Rob trim down the Approved Equipment list for TGA events?

Poll ended at Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:35 pm

Good idea.
64%
Bad idea.
7%
It doesn't matter, since we can just request to add them back anyway.
14%
I don't care.
14%

Total votes : 14

POLL: TransGear Airways approved equipment modification?

Postby MD-Terp » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:41 pm

Hello all --

I was thinking today about the idea of the "approved equipment" list for TGA events, and came to the conclusion that it does not need to be nearly as long as it is. I am considering "purging" it to include only those aircraft that pilots have actually used in events thus far (minus the CitationX), and then adding them back in only on an as-requested basis.

My motivations are:
(1) Many of the models on that list just don't have a complete enough instrument panel to bother with, especially in the West where they're more critical.

(2) It's fewer aircraft I need to worry about making sure I have correct, current download links for.

(3) It keeps with real-world fleet considerations, as discussed in other VA posts, meaning that airlines are often better served by having LESS variety in their fleets -- for maintenance and pilot training reasons. (However, this is a more secondary consideration -- realism in this case is kind of out the window, considering I am leaving in both the b1900d and the Concorde. I'm pretty sure few current or former airlines have that kind of variety. LOL!)

The current list includes the following aircraft:
737-300
737-400 (iEspana)
747-200
747-400
777-200
A320
b1900d
Caravelle
Carriedas
Concorde
CRJ-200
DC-6
DHC-8
Fokker100 (and 70)
Gulfstream G550
L-1011-500
Lockheed 1049
Lockheed 1049H
TU-114
TU-154
TU-154B

And based on what's actually been used I am considering limiting the new list to:
737-400 (iEspana)
747-400
777-200
b1900d
Concorde
CRJ-200
DC-6
DHC-8
Lockheed 1049H
TU-154B

Of course, as I said, former and new aircraft may be added by request, as long as they are in the spirit of a passenger service, and commonly available.

Thoughts?
Cheers,
-Rob.

"Retired" from FlightGear involvement as of July 2010.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Callsign: N531MD, AVA0025

Re: POLL: TransGear Airways approved equipment modification?

Postby hovkid » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:02 pm

The new list seems good, however one thing I would take into consideration is the release of 2.0.0, meaning you will probably be changing the list again in a few weeks (Months?) I will add a list of the planes I think should be added when 2.0.0 comes out when I have finished testing!
Fav Airliner - MD81 - Fav Fighter - F4J76 - Fav Light Aircraft - DHC2
hovkid

Callsign: GB-TYER or AA-124

Postby Liam » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:18 pm

Really good idea, I would like to participate in this event for once. But im not turning up in a concorde, lol. Can I use the A346 or 767? I want to release both again in the next few days, as they are going into CVS and thus 2.0 tonight, with a working Autopilot (but not panel, just through the default FG autopilot and routemanager). If you don't think they are suitable then I shall use a 744.
Liam

Callsign: Liam
Version: GIT

Postby MD-Terp » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Liam wrote:I would like to participate in this event for once. Can I use the A346 or 767?

If you can provide a download link, so that other participants can install the models and see you, then by all means yes.

Liam wrote:{...} they are going into CVS and thus 2.0 {...}

Just as a minor point of clarification -- the 2.0 base package will include only about a dozen selected aircraft. CVS will, of course, remain the "official" repository for all GPL-compliant works in progress; that is, unless/until the developers finally decide to migrate over to GIT. :-)
Cheers,
-Rob.

"Retired" from FlightGear involvement as of July 2010.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Callsign: N531MD, AVA0025

Postby Liam » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:26 pm

MD-Terp wrote:
Liam wrote:{...} they are going into CVS and thus 2.0 {...}

Just as a minor point of clarification -- the 2.0 base package will include only about a dozen selected aircraft. CVS will, of course, remain the "official" repository for all GPL-compliant works in progress; that is, unless/until the developers finally decide to migrate over to GIT. :-)

Sorry, I meant the 2.0 downloads page ;).
Liam

Callsign: Liam
Version: GIT

Postby MyName » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:10 pm

Not the Carreidas! I recently made a whole new panel for it! :(
Well, I didn't even know it was "approved equipment". :P
MyName

Postby yourgod » Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:48 pm

I try to keep every plane I can find installed and ready. The list doesn't really matter that much since exceptions and be asked for freely. It's more important as a "you should have these installed for maximum enjoyment" list than anything else.

I'll be asking to add my DC-8 when I get it finished!
Callsign: YOURGOD, (YOURGO if you only recognize 6 characters)
TransGear Airways site: http://transgear.treborlogic.com/
FG related projects:
Planes: Douglas DC-8-73
Code: Hurricane simulation weather enhancement
yourgod

Callsign: YOURGOD

Postby redneck » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:00 pm

Personally, I could care less. We post what plane we're going to fly in anyway, so we could probably just broaden it to any plane that carries at least 100 or so pax (whatever it was 100, 150?). Then, as long as we continue to post what plane we're flying (and where to get it, if not on the official d/l page), we'll never have to deal with blue and yellow gliders, except for the unexpected arrivals.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Return to Multiplayer events