Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

Daily booking and schedule board

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: Daily booking and schedule board

Postby Tuxklok » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:55 am

Baltimore ATC is online now - FGCOM 119.4
The Austria Scenery Project - more info
fg-scenery-tools - gitorious | videos
fgcomgui - Open source, cross platform, gui front end for fgcom. more info

More random musings and doings can be found on my personal site. (work in progress)
Tuxklok

Callsign: Tuxklok / N1292P

Postby MD-Terp » Mon Dec 21, 2009 3:50 am

Tuxklok wrote:Baltimore ATC is online now - FGCOM 119.4

Did ya fall asleep? You were still on the MP map, so I flew up from Norfolk, but couldn't raise anyone via text or voice...

... oh well. Catch ya next time.
Cheers,
-Rob.

"Retired" from FlightGear involvement as of July 2010.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Callsign: N531MD, AVA0025

Postby Tuxklok » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:04 am

Oops, got pulled away from the pc for a bit and I forgot to leave a message. :D

anyway, back now...

** KBWI atc is offline now...but I'll be back another day... ;)
The Austria Scenery Project - more info
fg-scenery-tools - gitorious | videos
fgcomgui - Open source, cross platform, gui front end for fgcom. more info

More random musings and doings can be found on my personal site. (work in progress)
Tuxklok

Callsign: Tuxklok / N1292P

Postby MD-Terp » Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi gang... well, I popped in at KBWI unannounced for a bit on the 24th, and fortunately a few people saw me there & popped in... thanks, all. I'm going to be there for a couple hours starting now as well; let's say Saturday the 26th from 1700-2000, for round numbers. I may pop in and out as I am messing with my custom ATC set and making some adjustments to it, but I should be there most of the time.

EDIT: Okay, my panel updating is done. I'm here. And, it's a GREAT day to practice ILS approaches at near (or maybe even below) minimums! If no one comes soon, I'm gonna grab my Bravo or CRJ and do just that!

EDIT #2: Okay, 90 minutes and no activity. I'm packing up shop at KBWI tower and I'm gonna go fly a little bit. See you all in the skies!
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby gral » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:09 pm

Will be ATC (learning) at LSZH (Zurich Airport, 1416 ft) from 17:00 UTC today.

Callsign: KLO_TW
- Please do not enter airspace without clearance
- Please do NOT use ATC chat menu in FlightGear

- FGCOM (preferred), freq 120.22, and chat
- metar/real weather (snow today?)
- IFR/(VFR)
- SID/STAR (with FG-Waypoints), VAC and also HEL-ARR :?:
- Holding patterns
- no vectoring
- not much scenery at LSZH - but good visibility ;-)

Example flightplan from EDDF to LSZH (appr. 30 minutes)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Route: T721
Altitude: FL146–FL245 (14600–24500ft)
Waypoints: (EDDF) -> LAMGO * SUL * IBINI * RILAX * TRA(VOR)@5000 * KLO08@3000
Approach to RWY 14 (ILS freq 108.3) or RWY 16 (ILS freq 110.5), can change because of weather conditions
Speed restriction below 10000ft: 250 kts

If you want to use "real" charts:
Go to http://www.vacc-sag.org/?PAGE=airport_overview and select airport LSZH, download "All charts for Zurich"
gral

Callsign: HB-GRAL
Version: GIT

Postby redneck » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:16 am

gral wrote:no vectoring

How can you be an atc and not issue radar vectors? I thought that was the first thing you need to learn how to do, aside from determining if the runway is clear to be used. If you have pilots coming in from every direction at the same time, you'll have to vector them around to prevent midair collisions and get everyone set up to approach the runway in a neat, single-file line.
Btw, I'm thinking of trying this as well in a couple days. For now, I'll need everyone to report clear of the runway, as I won't be able to see you, but I'm getting tired of waiting for that update, so expect more of an approach controller.
Call Signs: redneck, ATCredn (unspecified freq atc)
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Version: 240

Postby redneck » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:48 pm

Tower is now online (training) at KBWI. FGCom available, and preferred. Expect ILS runway 28.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
Model: Alienware M15x, OS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, RAM: 3 GB, CPU: Intel i3 quad core at 2.4 GHz, GPU: Nvidea GeForce GTX 460M 1.5 GB GDDR5
redneck

Postby redneck » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:58 pm

It seems a group of controllers are stealing my pilots. I'll wait about 5 more minutes before switching to observe.
Correction: I'm gonna switch now, even though it's only been two minutes. I'll see if one of the atc's there will give me a shot.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
redneck

Postby MD-Terp » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:54 am

gral wrote:no vectoring

redneck wrote:How can you be an atc and not issue radar vectors?

Hey! I've learned a lot about STARs in the last couple months -- I know the answer :)

European STARs are a little different than US-style ones -- almost all of them pretty much line you up for a particular approach. So if you're following one, you won't need a vector -- you'll get dumped off exactly at the IAF. The controller's major concerns are to monitor spacing (and issue holds when appropriate), and monitor procedural compliance.
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby redneck » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:24 pm

Ah, kinda like at KBWI, where EMI5 dumps you off at the IAF for runway 15. Okay, I get it. Thanks.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
redneck

Postby MD-Terp » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:53 pm

redneck wrote:Ah, kinda like at KBWI, where EMI5 dumps you off at the IAF for runway 15. Okay, I get it. Thanks.

Right, but Westminster Five is commonly used no matter which runway is active for arrivals, requiring ATC intervention (and vectors) for any other runway. Whereas, if I understand correctly, European STARs are more likely to have a corrsponding route for each arrival runway (or set, if parallel).

ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT NOTE:
I'm bored, and I don't feel like working on my bridge project at the moment. I'm gonna be online as Salt Lake ATC for a while. Maybe if I don't get any customers, that will motivate me to work on the bridge instead, lol... but, feel free to pop in if you want. FGCom preferred. Thanks!

EDIT: oops! Something wasn't clicking with mpserver05. I am on now, with 01.

EDIT: guess I should've mentioned this, but I wrapped up about an hour ago. I only had one customer. (Thanks, Jester!)
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby redneck » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:22 pm

EDDH tower is now up and running on fgcom 126.85. I'd be happy to vector anyone around. If you want, yoiu can depart EDDH to land at EDDF, which is controlled as well. I may or may not be moving around. I'm trying to get the traffic's attention without being too close. I just moved to EDDK and had to shut down due to rain. Gee, I popped in at KOAK, and the one interested user could not even maintain a stable connection with me. :roll: Oh well. I'm gonna see about setting something up with jomo to get controlled flight between two airports. Then, things should start looking interesting from the tower for me.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
redneck

Postby jomo » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:29 pm

redneck wrote:EDDH tower is now up and running on fgcom 126.85. If you want, yoiu can depart EDDH to land at EDDF, which is controlled as well. Oh well. I'm gonna see about setting something up with jomo to get controlled flight between two airports.
Sorry: I know you visited me in EDDF - but did not recognize that you do ATC nearby -- next time shout on me pls! I would have liked sharing some traffic!
joe
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Postby gral » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:56 am

This will be a good day. Redneck please post your presence here in europe again and I will come to check your vectoring.
And I will also do KLO_TW if necessary but I prefer to toggle between redneck and jomo. This looks promising :)

Edit:
For a closer look to (with chart i.e.):
EDDH --> http://www.vacc-sag.org/airport/EDDH
EDDF --> http://www.vacc-sag.org/airport/EDDF
or LSZH --> http://www.vacc-sag.org/airport/LSZH

Most important information available without registration.
gral

Callsign: HB-GRAL
Version: GIT

Postby redneck » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:51 am

Thanks gral. Now, I may be able to handle ground control as well. I don't plan to use STARs yet, just vectors to final approach. Same thing with SIDs. I'll just keep departing aircraft away from the localiser and glideslope for now.
FGFSCopilot
FGFSCopilotATCEdition
System Specs
redneck

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events