Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

TransGear Airways, Saturday December 12, ALL TIMES UTC...

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: TransGear Airways, Saturday December 12, ALL TIMES UTC...

Postby Jester » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:43 pm

I have extracted the SID/STAR information from the charts and used free online services to look up the missing fixes.
Package contents:
  • the charts from the NACO site for convenience
  • drop-in replacement for fix.dat.gz
  • separate text file with just the additions to fix.dat
  • route files (without altitude information for now) for both the old and the new route manager
Download here
Jester

Callsign: BA996,Rescue1
IRC name: Jester01
Version: GIT

Postby Fahim Dalvi » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi Guys,

Like October, This month I will be particiapting as Audience too, though this time i may make a landing(well before the arrival times ofcourse)! Hope its O.K. with everyone!

Regards,
Fahim
Fahim Dalvi

Callsign: Fahim
Version: 2020.3.11

Postby MD-Terp » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:48 am

Jester wrote:I have extracted the SID/STAR information from the charts and used free online services to look up the missing fixes.

Jester, thanks so much. Nice work. I've moved it over to a permanent spot on the TGA site, available under the "Charts and Resources" menu link.
Cheers,
-Rob.

"Retired" from FlightGear involvement as of July 2010.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Callsign: N531MD, AVA0025

Postby hovkid » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:24 am

I've decided to (attempt to) make a TGA film for the KBWI hub! :P

Hovkid
Fav Airliner - MD81 - Fav Fighter - F4J76 - Fav Light Aircraft - DHC2
hovkid

Callsign: GB-TYER or AA-124

Postby MyName » Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:51 pm

I would like to take the KDTW flight on that 100MB+ Tu-154B :P
MyName

Postby wookierabbit » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:30 am

By the way, who are the folks that will be manning ATC positions?
-Wookierabbit (Founder, former CEO, and former webmaster of the original Virtual Star Alliance website)

Youtube site: http://www.youtube.com/user/Wookierabbit
VSA.

Contact either by PM or via my former website at http://www.starallianceorg.webs.com
wookierabbit

Callsign: ---805, ATC
Version: 191

Postby MD-Terp » Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:26 am

I'm sorry, wookie. I've been waiting to hear back from one more controller who isn't sure whether he will be available. I'm trying to give him the rest of the weekend to respond. I'll release that info ASAP.
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby MD-Terp » Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:30 pm

Jester wrote:I have extracted the SID/STAR information from the charts and used free online services to look up the missing fixes.
Package contents:
  • the charts from the NACO site for convenience
  • drop-in replacement for fix.dat.gz
  • separate text file with just the additions to fix.dat
  • route files (without altitude information for now) for both the old and the new route manager
Download here

Yakko added a few of the missing fixes in the KBWI region as well, and was nice enough to share his work too. So there is a combined corrected "fix.dat.gz" available here now which includes the previously missing fixes for both airports... http://transgear.treborlogic.com/fix.dat.gz (it goes in /data/Navaids, and you can overwrite the existing one, but it might be best to rename that old one to something else & keep it as a backup).

Thanks Jester and Yakko.

On another note, I am working on some *very* rudimentary, probably untextured, terminal buildings to put at KSLC. When I chose it as a hub, I was going off of the list of enhanced airports in another thread, and found out only *after* I did all the mathmatical computations that determined that KSLC was the most central choice for a hub there, that no improvement had indeed been made. Unfortunately, the original goal was to focus on airports on that list; I was kind of shocked to discover that some of the airports named there actually had no visible buildings!

Anyway, I have the D/E terminal done and placed already -- and I have a few days off of work this week -- so I hope to be able to provide a quick download package on the TGA site before Saturday. I'll also submit them to the general repository, but just keep in mind that they are square-ish buildings with no appreciable texturing, essentially just placeholders until someone decides to do something more comprehensive with the airport.
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby wookierabbit » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:31 am

We're going into the final stretch and the forum seems a bit quiet than usual. Well, at least from what I remembered. How are things coming so far?
-Wookierabbit (Founder, former CEO, and former webmaster of the original Virtual Star Alliance website)

VSA.

Contact either by PM or via my former website at http://www.starallianceorg.webs.com
wookierabbit

Postby statto » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:34 am

MD-Terp wrote:On another note, I am working on some *very* rudimentary, probably untextured, terminal buildings to put at KSLC. When I chose it as a hub, I was going off of the list of enhanced airports in another thread, and found out only *after* I did all the mathmatical computations that determined that KSLC was the most central choice for a hub there, that no improvement had indeed been made. Unfortunately, the original goal was to focus on airports on that list; I was kind of shocked to discover that some of the airports named there actually had no visible buildings!

The model had been submitted since March. Every airport on that list has a model in the database. Whether or not that model has placement information associated with it is a different story - if you find any other airports on the list without any buildings whatsoever, please let me know so we can rectify the issue as we have with KSLC. Anyone using TerraSync should be able to see the terminal building now, though the underlying airport apron has the wrong "cutouts".
Custom Scenery available from http://www.stattosoftware.com/flightgear
statto

Postby MD-Terp » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:35 am

MD-Terp wrote:On another note, I am working on some *very* rudimentary, probably untextured, terminal buildings to put at KSLC. {...} I was kind of shocked to discover that some of the airports named there actually had no visible buildings!

statto wrote:The model had been submitted since March. Every airport on that list has a model in the database. Whether or not that model has placement information associated with it is a different story - if you find any other airports on the list without any buildings whatsoever, please let me know so we can rectify the issue

Thanks for looking into it, John. Off the top of my head, you might want to look at Detroit.

statto wrote:though the underlying airport apron has the wrong "cutouts".

Yes, I noticed that as well when making my KSLC "placeholders." Very annoying.
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby MD-Terp » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:41 am

wookierabbit wrote:By the way, who are the folks that will be manning ATC positions?

Due (I am guessing) to it being the holiday season and thus a busy time for a lot of people, we are short a few controllers. The West hub will be handled by wookierabbit, with inital check-in frequency being Salt Lake Tower on 118.3. There will be no need to change frequencies or mimic handoffs; Tower will handle all duties of Approach, Tower, Ground, and Departure. The East hub will be handled by myself. Inital check-in frequency will be Baltimore Tower on 119.4. Likewise, there will be no need to change frequencies or mimic handoffs; all services will be provided by Tower.

It seems as if the flight schedule is a little light this month as well; that might end up being a good thing as far as allowing the controllers to handle the workload, but of course I think we all would prefer to see more participation. I'm still optimistic for some last-minute joiners, though, so anyone else still looking to fly with us, please speak up!
Cheers,
-Rob.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8809
MD-Terp

Postby wookierabbit » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:34 am

RGR.

VSA.

wookierabbit

Postby zakalawe » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:00 am

I'll take TGA244, in the 777-200.
zakalawe

Callsign: G-ZKLW
Version: next

Postby MaverickAlex » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:59 pm

I'll take TGA 251 in the Dash 8 Rob, thanks
http://www.atlasvirtualairlines.com
Modeller of: TNCM TBPB MDPP TFFF TJSJ FMEE TKPK TFFG TQPF KLAX KATL EGNJ EGGW APACHE, EUROFIGHTER, HP VICTOR, DHC8
FGcom 122.75
creator Terragear GUI
MaverickAlex

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events