Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Project A321 *Development Paused*

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Do You Think The A320 Family including The a318,a319,a320,a321 are worth developing

yes
87%
no
5%
maybe
8%

Total votes : 60

Re: Airbus A321 Development

Postby teh warlock » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:08 pm

my uncle works for airbus and i get to go to france like 4 times a year so i have a whole lot of sketches and crap of airbus cockpits and interiors plus like i told u i make liveries for fsx so my friend helped me ALOT with that
remember this: when in doubt ask skyop.
teh warlock

IRC name: tehwarlock
Version: git

Postby HHS » Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:37 pm

malikguest wrote:my uncle works for airbus and i get to go to france like 4 times a year so i have a whole lot of sketches and crap of airbus cockpits and interiors plus like i told u i make liveries for fsx so my friend helped me ALOT with that

Wow! :shock:

Did you made some Add-ons beside liveries for MSFS before like 3d-models, aircrafts etc?
Up, up and away
HHS

Version: GIT

Postby teh warlock » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:33 pm

i made a a310 and an a321for fs2004. the 321 model is what im using now and i had help from my friend who has a profession in computer design and modeling that kinda stuff and i converted the unfinished 321 model to ac and i am now tweaking it for fg :) :) keep in mind the reason its not done yet is because i didnt fully model it and since were talking here i wonder if ampere would let me use his elevators for the 321 mine are twisted and by twisted i mean bad :x
teh warlock

Postby simbabeat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:03 am

stuart wrote:Hi Guys,

It looks like you've sorted your disagreement out between yourselves - thanks.

I've deleted some inappropriate comments that people obviously made in haste and would now regret making.

Don't forget that we're all here trying to make the most out of FlightGear, and that personal attacks are not allowed.

-Stuart (the mod)

Maybe there is a little but more that needs to be deleted from page 3 too........
simbabeat

Postby teh warlock » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:05 am

yep simbabeat is right
teh warlock

Postby stuart » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:02 am

malikguest wrote:i made a a310 and an a321for fs2004. the 321 model is what im using now and i had help from my friend who has a profession in computer design and modeling that kinda stuff and i converted the unfinished 321 model to ac and i am now tweaking it for fg :) :) keep in mind the reason its not done yet is because i didnt fully model it and since were talking here i wonder if ampere would let me use his elevators for the 321 mine are twisted and by twisted i mean bad :x

Hi Malik,

That all sounds good - it's great to have such resources available!

Apologies in advance if I've got the "wrong end of the stick", but if you haven't already done so, I suggest you double-check with your friend that he's happy for your to release the model under the GPL (or whatever license you've decided on). From what I've seen, the model looks very good already and obviously represents a lot of work. While you may be happy to contribute your efforts to the FG Project, you should check that he is as well. It's much better to check these things than risk damaging your friendship.

Best regards,

-Stuart

PS: Regsarding cleaning up the posts, you are able to edit your own posts, and while you cannot delete them completely, you can clean them up if you wish.
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Postby HHS » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:49 am

Hi,

I can only agree to Stuart
We all would be happy, if you check double if all people involved in the original model are happy with the converting of the model to FGFS.

Laywers are really fast today and nobody wants that you and your friend get sued, or that he even maybe is loosing his job due to this.... :? That would be sad and not worth..... :(

Some developers here usually adds all the names of the developers involved with their Email-adresses in a ReadMe-file, so it could be easily make sure, that's all right, and nobody can be sued- and when indeed all is alright, I'm sure a lot of people here will help you to get all this finished to use! :D At least it would be great! :D

Cya
HHS
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby teh warlock » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:09 pm

so take this for exaplme if someone uses non gnu gpl images for a livery they can get sued? :?
teh warlock

Postby stuart » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:27 pm

It very much depends on the original license.

A lot of freeware licenses don't allow modification, or require that the author's name be included. These are both incompatible with the GPL. If you were to take such a livery and release it under the GPL, you'd be in breach of the original license, and could get sued.

To take an extreme case, if you were to use a livery from an payware FS-X aircraft, modify it for FG and then release it under the GPL, you could get sued based on the loss of income to the original auther.

It's unfortunately a very complicated area, and often really depends on the original license. By far the best way forward is to ensure that all your stuff is either completely original (so you can release it under whatever license(s) you wish), or you have explicit permission from the author to release under the GPL (this is what I did with the original Vulcan model).

I'm sorry it's so complicated, and can seem very harsh, but that's the only way to be sure that your work can be built on by other people, improving FG for years to come.

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Postby Gijs » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:28 pm

malikguest wrote:so take this for exaplme if someone uses non gnu gpl images for a livery they can get sued? :?

Yes and no.

Releasing a livery that made use of non-GNU GPL images is not illegal. However, you should release it under the same license as the images were distributed under (unless you got permission from the author to release them under GNU GPL). Releasing a livery that uses images that do not comply with GNU GPL under GNU GPL is illegal.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby teh warlock » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:48 pm

i was about to say that was a stupid thing
teh warlock

Postby teh warlock » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:04 pm

got some bad news :( seing how this topic got so big i regret to inform you that i cannot use this model :( i have to start from scratch i will need everybody who has the a321 model to delete it :( :cry: :cry:
teh warlock

Postby stuart » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:11 pm

malikguest wrote:got some bad news :( seing how this topic got so big i regret to inform you that i cannot use this model :( i have to start from scratch i will need everybody who has the a321 model to delete it :( :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear that Malik :(

Good luck with (re-)creating the aircraft.

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Postby simbabeat » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:48 pm

malikguest wrote:got some bad news :( seing how this topic got so big i regret to inform you that i cannot use this model :( i have to start from scratch i will need everybody who has the a321 model to delete it :( :cry: :cry:

There are a lot of google sketchup users who are all for open source and there are a lot of a321 models out there. check if one of them would be willing to let you use the model. ask them first :)
simbabeat

Postby HHS » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:05 pm

simbabeat wrote:

There are a lot of google sketchup users who are all for open source and there are a lot of a321 models out there. check if one of them would be willing to let you use the model. ask them first :)

Uh... Sketchup is a nice prgram, but not that sufficent on aircraft-modelling, more on architecture.

We already have the A320, even by two authors, and I'm sure this models can be used very well for it!
Up, up and away
HHS

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft