Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Project A321 *Development Paused*

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Do You Think The A320 Family including The a318,a319,a320,a321 are worth developing

yes
87%
no
5%
maybe
8%

Total votes : 60

Re: Airbus A321 Development

Postby teh warlock » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:13 pm

mapping finished default livery : Spirit Airlines
remember this: when in doubt ask skyop.
teh warlock

IRC name: tehwarlock
Version: git

Postby HHS » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:15 pm

malikguest wrote:i know :( i have to fix it and i have redo the livery again........ :( :( :( but it will be finished in like 15 mins or less :D :D

malikguest wrote:here it is in fg jack8ss - http://www.virtualgearstudios.co.cc and go to liveries

and
malikguest wrote:its not from MSFS if you LOOK CLEARLY! u will notice that it is a real pic

so you were telling lies- and I wonder if this above is another lie....
And for you I hope not!
Up, up and away
HHS

Version: GIT

Postby teh warlock » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:30 pm

wait a minute if thats not the real one then where is the real one i had! oh crap i made a HUGE mistake :o :oops: :cry: sorry hhs :shock: :( :(
teh warlock

Postby HHS » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:58 pm

Oscar wrote:One thing I actually don't get: why's everyone so angry? It's about the developing of the Airbus A321, which is quite a happy thing I think.

It would be a happy thing, if he woulden't have infringe several copyrights on his project and webpage.
That's all about.

I compared the original livery made for MSFS with the one made by malikguest: they are obvious the same (can be clearly seen on the sahdows, lines etc made on it....).
Problem: the MSFS-livery is freeware, and the original readme states:
THESE FILES MAY NOT BE UPLOADED TO ANY OTHER SITE WITHOUT THE AUTHOR'S WRITTEN PERMISSION. THESE REPAINTS ARE FREEWARE AND MAY NOT BE SOLD, OR PUT ON ANY SITE THAT CHARGES FOR DOWNLOADING FREE FILES. THE FILES FOUND IN THIS ARCHIVE MAY NOT BE DISTRIBUTED ON CD OR ANY MEDIUM FOR ANY KIND OF FEE, INCLUDING THE COST OF PRODUCTION, MATERIALS OR POSTAGE.

Malik used the livery and released them under GNU GPL, and uploaded it on his webpage. It is a clear infringment, which is bad in a project which is meant to be free and open... :(

And even the models he shows on his webpage doesn't fit under his choosed Common licence, as they are originally GNU GPL. And GNU GPL means that all derivates has to be released under the same licence. So it is another infringement....

I'm sorry
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby teh warlock » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:00 pm

the images of fsx on my website are MY Personal made fsx liveries and what else is infringed or so you say oh and what do you mean the liveries are from fsx?!?!
teh warlock

Postby HHS » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:06 pm

Oh- I forgot: The author of the Cebu livery for MSFS (X) is Phillip Tan (phillipfs at gmail.com), the base for the A320 are Boris Le Veve, Tony Fosler, Heiko Schmidt, Phillip Tan, Denis Schranz, David Rawlins and Craig Ritchie.

Comparing with malikguest cebu livery for FGFS shows that the origin is the MSFS one- a clear and not allowed change.
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby simbabeat » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:57 pm

Hey you guys I'm not a moderator or anything but can everyone please calm down a little bit? These topics come up in google searches and since we have been discussing msfs a lot this will probably come up more. In that case, Malik I do not know if you are infringing copyright or not but just do the right thing. I am not taking sides I just want everyone to calm down a little bit and do the right thing. This looks really bad for someone loooking at fgfs. I'm sorry if I'm acting like I'm in control but I hate to see this in two developers that I respect. We should all have respect for each other as we are developers.
simbabeat

Postby teh warlock » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:09 pm

your right simbabeat look when i do liveries or models i try my BEST to make it as acurate as possible the point is to get it to LOOK like fsx and better if possible and now hhs is saying im copying from fsx when im the same one who said flightgear can do better? that gets me ticked off but you are right we need to calm down and keep this crap off the forums and put it somewhere else e.g : email , pm, i.m. things of that nature not all of my liveries are gnu gpl i admit that but a majority of them are. i try my best to stay gnu,gpl but it is near impossible to do it.. :!: ne way we need to stop critisizing and start helping oneanother instead of writing something in the forum pm the person saying (e,g) hey man your image or sources arent gnu gpl try to stay within that" stuff like that... and why does the forum have a "foes" list??? think about it
teh warlock

Postby HHS » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:04 am

I already calmed down, but I must admit I really often felt very kidded in this discussion and I still feel so....
I do understand that licences are often hard to understand. We have seen this already with the known FGFS-ripp-off...

But FGFS is even looking more bad, if people will found out that we have stolen their work and distribute it under licence not allowed to! This makes in my eyes FGFS looking more bad than this discussion does and not better compared to the FGFS-ripp-off here everyone hates...

It is not possible to have a work under nearly or little GNU GPL- it has to be full or not!

I already asked several times here in the forum to malik and another (A320-thread), if his textures are really GNU GPL they uses, but was ignored. Even when I cleary said that I doubt that it aren't own-made I was ignored. This gives me bad feeling and the ignoring let it looks that they don't want to admit.

I wrote a small Howto on this issues, maybe it will be get sticky: you will find it here: How not to convert liveries from other Sims

Kind Regards
HHS
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby teh warlock » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:21 am

i honestly dont understand how you feel that way but please forgive me stupid acts and i will try to fix them
teh warlock

Postby simbabeat » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:41 am

I'm glad I could get this topic back to he a321 :D
simbabeat

Postby stuart » Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:58 am

Hi Guys,

It looks like you've sorted your disagreement out between yourselves - thanks.

I've deleted some inappropriate comments that people obviously made in haste and would now regret making.

Don't forget that we're all here trying to make the most out of FlightGear, and that personal attacks are not allowed.

-Stuart (the mod)
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Postby teh warlock » Tue Dec 01, 2009 5:19 pm

once again i am sorry for my actions as i failed to remember that this is a public forum :( :( i will not act like this again and HHS please accept my apology and i also apologize to the flightgear community if i have made them feel any way wrong
teh warlock

Postby HHS » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:00 pm

@malikguest:
and when you now regards licences and remove this misleading "creative common licence thing..." from your index-page as at lest the A321 has to be under GNU GPL,
-make sure that you have the permission to use the Cebu-livery from Phil,
-and make sure that you don't use any images without permission that are not yours on your homepage

Yes, then maybe all people here will be happy again!
Up, up and away
HHS

Postby HHS » Tue Dec 01, 2009 7:00 pm

Hey, I just see, that you didn't use Amperes Model for the A321, so forget about my comment about the "Creative Common licence..."

It looks impressive- You must had access to a real cockpit or other source to built it like that!
Up, up and away
HHS

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft