Board index FlightGear Development Spaceflight

Space Shuttle - Development

Discussion about development and usage of spacecraft

Re: Space Shuttle - Development

Postby GinGin » Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:50 pm

How is the new stable version of the FG space shuttle coming along?

Still ironing and testing the last changes.

which (if any) of my launch trajectory shaping parameters actually still work?

The three still work, I kept the logic you made.

*The SRB climbout bias affects the Stage 1 open loop ( 3 engines only)
Code: Select all
if (engop == 3.0) {setprop("/fdm/jsbsim/systems/ap/launch/pitch-target", getprop("/fdm/jsbsim/systems/ap/launch/stage2-nominal-pitch-schedule") + auto_launch_srb_climbout_bias);}

*The MPS climbout bias still affects the initial Pitch target after SRB sep
var start_pitch_target = 13 + 5.0 * payload_factor + 2.7 - 4.5 * geo_factor - 8.0 * throttle_factor + auto_launch_mps_climbout_bias + loft_factor;

*The Launch trajectory loft affects the MECO targeted altitude ( without bias, it is around 345000 feet)

Going through the autolaunch.nas made me think of a new launch mission.xml i-loaded parameter I introduced last year that might be worth to mention in the manual: the MECO inertial flight path angle.
<gamma-meco type="double">0.8</gamma-meco>

The table for it is in the Performance part of the SCOM.
By setting the correct gamma meco associated to its MECO altitude target, we have a close to real initial orbital shape and time to Apogee.
That is usefull for Historical flights and to use the PEG4 values for AOA or OMS 1/2 available in the official FDF.

I have a bit of time for the last fixes, I will take care of the CWS TAEM fault messages.
Should I push the changes for the Launch Site check misson.xml dependant or I delay that after the Stable is released ?
GinGin

Callsign: Gingin

Postby Thorsten » Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:14 pm

Should I push the changes for the Launch Site check misson.xml dependant or I delay that after the Stable is released ?

This seems harmless otherwise, so please go ahead and push it.
Thorsten

Postby GinGin » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:20 pm

I pushed the CWS Low Energy thing for 747 ops ( really fun , first time I tried it) and the Launch Site check.

For Columbia, earlysts, iss, hst xml, Launch site defined is KSC
For Polarexpress.xml, Launch site defined is VBG
For the standard mission.xml, no launch site defined (false)

KSC and VBG have automatic coordinates for the check, no need for lat/lon manually inserted.
Else we can define lat and lon in the xml that will be cross checked with initial location.
GinGin

Postby Thorsten » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:52 pm

I've tested my Lambert targeting interrupt changes, and to my surprise everything worked out fine, so I'll go ahead and give a

Go!

for milestone 13. I've fixed everything I've wanted to fix (I think), tested everything I wanted to test, so I'm just going to wait for the signal from GinGin and wlbragg now, and as soon as we're all happy I'll tag the milestone. :D
Thorsten

Postby wlbragg » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:46 pm

I just now looked at the merge request for @eatdirt RMS view and the HST rotation. It appears I have authority to merge it. My question is if I am the one that is supposed to do this. I am waiting for this work to be added to dev branch to continue any work on my end.
Beware though, I don't know what time frame I am looking at to enhance what Chris has done so you may not want to wait on me to cut the release. My FG time is in short supply at the moment.
But I think the work Chris did is appropriate to merge before you cut the release.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby eatdirt » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:07 pm

No pb Wayne, the frame overlay can wait.

@Thorsten, in case you want to merge the RMS view for the next milestone, I've just done a resync for the merge request to latest snapshot, it should go smooth.

Cheers,
Chris.
eatdirt

Postby Vinny002 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:24 pm

Hi guys! May I ask. Is the new stable version of the FG space shuttle coming out soon? Thanks! Cheers, Vincent.
Vinny002

Postby Thorsten » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:44 am

@Thorsten, in case you want to merge the RMS view for the next milestone

I've asked Wayne to check the model as you requested and GinGin to do the merge since they're already familiar with it and have done tests - I'd have to work myself in from scratch. If that doesn't work out for some reason, I can take a look myself.
Thorsten

Postby Thorsten » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:47 am

Hi guys! May I ask. Is the new stable version of the FG space shuttle coming out soon? Thanks! Cheers, Vincent.

Hi Vincent,

I'm not sure what you expect to hear. GinGin has answered your last question stating that we're ironing out the last changes. We do not have a release data, I've just written that I am ready to mark a milestone when I receive the Go! from the other collaborators - whenever that is.

You can follow the status of what is happening in this thread - we do not know more than that outselves. I'll be ready when everything that needs to be done is done.
Thorsten

Postby GinGin » Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:07 pm

I'm just going to wait for the signal from GinGin and wlbragg

I also tested the last things I wanted, so it is ok on my side.
Just some an other quick test after EatDirt merge, and that should do it.

My question is if I am the one that is supposed to do this.

I tested the view on the fork also, so if your also Ok with it, you can merge it. Plus EatDirt updated the merge request and there are no conflicts with the current dev branch state
GinGin

Postby wlbragg » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:15 pm

OK, "SRMS" view, attached to the end effector is now merged.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby Vinny002 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:52 am

@Thorsten! Please don't say I'm not sure what you expect to hear!! I am offended when you say that!! Cheers vincent.
Vinny002

Postby Thorsten » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:07 am

Please don't say I'm not sure what you expect to hear!!

But I am not sure what kind of information you're asking that hasn't already been told to you. So why should I not say this? How else are you supposed to know that I don't understand the purpose of your question?

I am offended when you say that!!

Well, I can't see anything offensive about it, but if communication is so problematic, I'll just leave answering you to someone else. :D
Thorsten

Postby Vinny002 » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:06 am

@Thorsten: sorry for the misunderstanding! I am very excited about trying out the new version of the FG space shuttle!! Cheers vincent.
Vinny002

Postby eatdirt » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:22 am

Thanks Wayne for the merge!
eatdirt

PreviousNext

Return to Spaceflight