Board index Other Hangar talk

What has made you laugh?

Talk about (almost) anything, as long as it is no serious FlightGear talk and does not fit in the other subforums.
Forum rules
Please refrain from discussing politics.

Re: What has made you laugh?

Postby Johan G » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:43 am

Maerchenprinz wrote in Thu Jan 28, 2021 11:24 am:Here's a picture of the WAU union leader (the one to the left): [...]

LMAO :lol: :lol:
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby www2 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:40 am

@Maerchenprinz
Do you want to say that Otto is the current WAU union leader?
I thought that Otto was in early 2000 replace by HAL9000 do to the moon flight incident in 1999 and a Millennium bug that increase his intensity.
Or am i confused with R.O.K 4000 from IGAAU (Inter Galactic Auto Astronaut Union)?
www2

Postby Maerchenprinz » Sat Jan 30, 2021 2:18 pm

No, Mr. Otto P. Lot was never affected by the millenium bug but was in need of some patches anyway due to his age, so had to retire from active work. He focused on his career in the union then, to achieve a top position with an inflated salary, as some say...
I have never heard of the IGAAU, i think you made that up! Don't do that, this is a serious topic!
Maerchenprinz

Callsign: Adrian

Postby www2 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 4:26 pm

@Maerchenprinz
I am not supersize that you have never heard about the IGAAU is not so well known as the WAU and wand to fly under the radar (pun intended) at least for SOL.
Some well known mebers of this union are AGC, IBM AP-101B flight computers, HAL 9000, R.O.K 4000, LCARS and R2-D2. Correct me if i missing some.
www2

Postby Johan G » Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:37 pm

Hmm, not the slightest suspicious. :roll:

Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:14 am

legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby Isaak » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:02 pm

I've had the giggles all day yesterday because of this cat :")
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA

Postby V12 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:07 pm

Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Johan G » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:40 pm

Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:13 am

i've shared this everywhere else so i'll share it here, too...
An 85 year old couple is going on holiday, when they suddenly die in a plane crash. They had been married for 60 years and kept in good health due to their healthy diet and regular exercise.

When they reached heaven, St. Peter took them to their mansion. It was decked out with a fully stocked cooking facility, master bath suite, and their very own jacuzzi. As his wife 'oohed' and 'aahed' at their new possessions, the old man asked Peter how much all of this was going to cost.

"It's all free," Peter replied. "We are in heaven, after all."

Next they surveyed the lush championship golf course behind their home where they were entitled to play everyday. All the old man wanted to know was "How much are the green fees?"

"It's free!" came the reply.

Next, they went to the club house and saw the lavish buffet with all of the world's different cuisines on offer. Every meal was cooked to perfection.

"How much do we have to pay for two?" asked the old man.

"Don't you understand, yet?!" Peter replied, exasperated. "It's all free, you're in heaven!"

"Well, where are the low fat and cholesterol tables then? The food won't have too many calories, will it?" the old man asked, looking quite worried.

"That's the best part of heaven," Saint Peter said, excitedly. "You can eat as much of whatever you want, and you won't gain a single gram!"

With that, the old man went into a fit of anger, throwing down his hat and stomping on it wildly. His wife and Peter tried to calm him down, asking what was wrong.

The old man looked at his wife. "This is all your fault!" he screamed! "If it weren't for you and your blasted bran muffins, I could have been here ten years ago!"
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:15 am

and another funny? when i tried to post the above, i was told i could not post any messages containing "k i t c h e n" (spaced out to avoid the same filter) so i had to change it to "cooking facility" which was allowed... THAT was funny!
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby www2 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 6:09 am

wkitty42 wrote in Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:15 am:and another funny? when i tried to post the above, i was told i could not post any messages containing "k i t c h e n" (spaced out to avoid the same filter) so i had to change it to "cooking facility" which was allowed... THAT was funny!

I blame the vikings withe there love for spam for this. :D
www2

Postby Johan G » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:13 am

wkitty42 wrote in Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:15 am:[...] i was told i could not post any messages containing "k i t c h e n" (spaced out to avoid the same filter) so i had to change [...]

I know right. Unfortunately some years ago a long drawn spam campaign advertising renovations of said room in IIRC a part of London posted spam several times a week, often several times a day. After some time one of our admins (not mods) got fed up and set up a filter that blacklisted said room from being in posts. It at least slowed down the posts.
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:48 am

Johan G wrote in Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:13 am:After some time one of our admins (not mods) got fed up and set up a filter that blacklisted said room from being in posts. It at least slowed down the posts.

i know how that goes... i've done the same on several of the phpBB sites i've managed... then we tightened things up by using some anti-bot tools in phpBB... nothing external was added or any addons that we had to update when phpBB was updated... some humans may be inconvenienced a little but but today there are no bots at all on those systems nor are there any spam posts any more... none, naught, nyet, nadda...

the main trick was to use things that a real human would know about the site or products the site promoted... things that were not able to be found via any search engine... it has been several years since we had any spam on those systems... that kinda makes me laugh, too :mrgreen:
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby benih » Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:10 pm

danielHL wrote in Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:19 am:If nothing else helps, there is always the "lever of shame" i.e. speedbrake.
benih

Callsign: D-EBHX

PreviousNext

Return to Hangar talk