Board index FlightGear Development AI Traffic

Flightgear Airports

Intelligent, computer controlled vehicles that drive/fly over the planet!

Re: Flightgear Airports

Postby portreekid » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:47 am

Regarding the deleting of lines. How are you doing it?
1) Click on arc/line and delete
2) Click on end node and delete

in 0.0.24 deleting the end node would just delete the visual not the actual line :-( fixed in next.

Regarding sluggish behaviour. I'd need specifics there which actions are sluggish. It's usable on my machine, but that isn't hard. I of course want to fix real hurting points first.
portreekid

Callsign: PORTREE
Version: 2020.2.1

Postby sfr » Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:56 am

I click on a node and hit the DEL key. If this is a known bug then that explains it :).
Then, how do i delete a single (not connected to any line) Pushback endpoint. I mean the '<->' sing inside a blue/white circle?
Atm i cannot delete it neither.
FYI, i'm working/playing on the groundnet of EDDS, so maybe this groundnet is built in a way that's causing problems for flightgear-airports.

You can find a screenshot here: https://paste.pics/9VQBJ

What also happened is i accidentally clicked on the marker of a circular parking spot, which then turned into the 'rectangular' shape all by itself. How do i undo it?
sfr

Callsign: D-CSFR
Version: 2020.4

Postby portreekid » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:05 am

Pushback Endpoint, that are stray are just visual artifacts and aren't stored.
portreekid

Postby BecOzIcan » Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:37 am

sfr wrote in Fri Aug 21, 2020 9:56 am:I click on a node and hit the DEL key. If this is a known bug then that explains it :).
Then, how do i delete a single (not connected to any line) Pushback endpoint. I mean the '<->' sing inside a blue/white circle?
Atm i cannot delete it neither.
FYI, i'm working/playing on the groundnet of EDDS, so maybe this groundnet is built in a way that's causing problems for flightgear-airports.

You can find a screenshot here: https://paste.pics/9VQBJ

What also happened is i accidentally clicked on the marker of a circular parking spot, which then turned into the 'rectangular' shape all by itself. How do i undo it?

1. Flightgear Airport does not store orphan/single nodes, only segments. In case you have a single segment (one node at each end) and you delete one of the nodes, the segment is not technically deleted as this would create an orphan node (the one at the other end you did not delete). To delete a segment, select the segment.

2. Circle Parkpos are stands with invalid radius, inherited from Taxidraw import. As you update your parkpos by assigning a valid radius/category, the icon will update to the valid 'stand shaped' one. You cannot upload a groudnet with invalid (circle) parpos positions.

Cheers
Ian
Current Projects: AI Traffic, Models & Liveries
BecOzIcan

Version: 2020.4.0

Postby pb321 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 11:42 am

I have been deleting by clicking the line, then the trash can. I wasn't aware the DEL key was implemented yet. For me, the only sluggish feature is Zoom in and out. It was a major issue for an old Phenom II X4 9500 processor I had on an early version of FGA, but the issue was greatly improved in a later version of FGA and I upgraded my processor to a Phenom II X4 955, which has helped. Zoom in and out is still a little sluggish, however, and one click of the mouse wheel causes a significant lag and change in viewpoint.
pb321

Postby sfr » Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:38 pm

see, i've only noticed the Trashcan icon later on :) for me using the DEL key is much faster and intuitive than having to move the mouse back and forth all the time.

thx to everyone who responded. with this new information i think i'm slowly getting somewhere.

portreekid, i can live with the sluggishness. the CPU is an older Haswell Xeon E3-1225 and 24GB RAM. Blender runs smooth though.
i think its more pronounced while connected to FG, which was the case yesterday.

but i'd like to mention one issue:
setting up the directories (Airports, Traffic etc) doesn't work quite right for me.
E.g. for 'APT File': i've compiled fg from source (using download_and_compile.sh script) so the installation is located at: /home/sfr/src/flightgear/dnc-managed/install/flightgear.
$FGDATA is located in /home/sfr/src/flightgear/dnc-managed/install/flightgear/fgdata.

i was not able to define this directory in flightgear-airport. i suspect its b/c 'flightgear' appears twice in the path.
So the workaround was to create (another) symlink 'fgfs' pointing to flightgear.
The path that finally works is: /home/sfr/src/fgfs/dnc-managed/install/flightgear/data/Airports/apt.dat.gz

The other symlink is 'data' pointing to 'fgdata' b/c flightgear-airports insists on adding 'data' all by itself. Is this is a convention on Windows?
I'd wish for a little more flexibility e.g. being able to manually define the directories.
Note that 'fgdata' probably exists only if compiled from source. The precompiled PPA package has fgdata right in /usr/share/games/flightgear.

And atm i cannot modify 'Export Directory' anymore. It's stuck to what i've set it initially and i don't know why.

I don't want to sound too negative though. Its great this tool exists. I'd just wish there was a little more documentation on its quirks and how to use it.
(Hint, hint: alpha/beta testing ;))
sfr

Callsign: D-CSFR
Version: 2020.4

Postby portreekid » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:01 pm

I've added an issue for the directory thing. It used to be like that, but I changed it to an easier mode for windows. https://github.com/Portree-Kid/flightgear-airports/issues/91
portreekid

Postby Honu4 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:41 am

I've been working on KBOI and I get silly stuff going on and I can't figure it out. AI traffic is using 10R/28L for departures, and using 10L/28R for arrivals (depending on prevailing wind, I guess). Aircraft are taxing from gate to 10L/28R, holding, then proceeding across the grass to 10R/28L threshold for takeoff. Is there someone available to look at the groundnet file for me? I don't want to submit on Github because it's not working correctly. Or is that where I should upload it to get it checked?
Aloha,
Honu4

MacBookPro, Mac OSx v10.15.7
Honu4

Callsign: Honu-4
Version: Nightly

Postby portreekid » Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:49 am

The easiest is actually to upload it. That way you can get better feedback than in a mail.
portreekid

Postby BecOzIcan » Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:31 am

Yes please submit and I ll have a look

Cheers
Ian
Current Projects: AI Traffic, Models & Liveries
BecOzIcan

Postby Honu4 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:53 pm

BecOzIcan wrote in Thu Oct 01, 2020 8:31 am:Yes please submit and I ll have a look

Cheers
Ian

I'm anxious to find out what I'm doing wrong.

Cheers
Aloha,
Honu4

MacBookPro, Mac OSx v10.15.7
Honu4

Callsign: Honu-4
Version: Nightly

Previous

Return to AI Traffic