Board index FlightGear Support

Swift doesn't work on flightgear  Topic is solved

All general support: help on flying, installation, hardware, getting online etc. There are lots of users and developers to help you out.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- where did you download your aircraft/scenery from?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).

Please report any bugs not specific to an aircraft on the issue tracker.
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Swift doesn't work on flightgear

Postby dtlan201 » Mon May 04, 2020 9:47 am

I'm using the flightgear-nightly version and swift-connection to VATSIM used to run well until the 9.3 update. Swift constantly logs off after 5-10s connected to flightgear. Has anyone experienced the same?
dtlan201

Callsign: MIA0774
Version: nightly

Re: Swift doesn't work on flightgear

Postby Isaak » Mon May 04, 2020 12:33 pm

Nope, didn't experience it. It's important to have a correct model set as an incorrect one might crash both swift and FlightGear. I did have a sim crash this weekend when I did a flight with the nightly on Vatsim, but I'm not sure whether Swift was the culprit and the log file didn't return anything useful. But FlightGear crashing/disconnecting after 5-10 seconds looks like a model set issue, as that is the timestamp where traffic is inserted to FlightGear and I've always resolved that by validating the model set in Swift.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby dtlan201 » Wed May 06, 2020 10:32 am

I'm not sure whether the model is the problem here, because validating the model shows no invalid model. I could connect to Vatsim two days ago, but then yesterday when I tried to log in, it happened again.
dtlan201

Postby dtlan201 » Thu May 07, 2020 9:26 am

I've figured out the problem in swiftcore. To fix it, go to swiftcore, then the tab setting/ modify setting/simulator/click on the .../ change DBus p2pserver to DBsession server.
dtlan201

Postby V12 » Fri May 15, 2020 5:24 pm

I builded FG2020.2.0 with D/C script, downloaded and installed latest Swift client installer swiftinstaller-linux-64-0.9.4.369.run. In the log I found message This version of swift is not compatible with FlightGear version. What FG version is compatible with Swift ? In FG Multiplayer menu I see Swift connection option...
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby V12 » Sat May 16, 2020 8:36 am

Exists some serious manual how to connect FGFS with swift client without VATSIM ?
V12

Postby wkitty42 » Sat May 16, 2020 4:38 pm

why? isn't SWIFT specifically for use with VATSIM? what else would it be used for?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby V12 » Sat May 16, 2020 6:00 pm

I want connect FG with P3D out of the VatSim, IVAO or other similar network.
V12

Postby Oswald » Sun May 17, 2020 3:21 pm

Try https://www.x-flightserver.net/
It is a free online network for flightsim pilots using X-Plane, FSX or P3D, has changed to an FSD server which is reachable via swift.
I have tried it with Flightgear and Swift, it is possible to get on the server. The team is very nice and welcoming, though you do have to sign up. I have the impression, Flightgear pilots are welcome.
I haven't had the opportunity yet to see whether meeting with pilots of other sims really works, I shall look further into it and report.
Oswald
Oswald

Postby V12 » Sun May 17, 2020 4:57 pm

Thanks to Lars I managed to connect FG and P3D via own private FSD server. Now working on model matching, in database I see only 777. In FG I need see 737.
V12

Postby V12 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:16 pm

I finaly managed connection between P3D and FGFS. Then performed short test flight with 737YV (FGFS) and PMDG 737 (P3D) and found significant deficiency around FGFS weather. In P3D I use ActiveSky with live weather. At FL300 over Alps I had 300 kts on the clock with headwind almost 100 kts. FGFS 737 overtook me as if I were standing still with 300 KIAS too. But in FG was tailwind 26 kts... In Swift client I had active Swift weather, but FGFS ignores it and used AW wind aloft model.
How can I transfer weather with wind aloft from Swift to FGFS ? Is it possibe ?
V12

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue May 19, 2020 12:33 pm

aloftWx module? :)

Make sure you get the last update however, as it was fixed.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby V12 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:54 pm

aloftwx doesn't work on linux :(
V12

Postby Oswald » Sun May 24, 2020 8:46 am

I managed to get on the x-flightserver.net server via swift repeatedly.

A few brief questions:
Why do some aircraft work (Cessna 337, PA-28 Warrior e.g.) and others don't (DHC 2 Beaver e.g.)? None of these I found in the swift FG database.

If I want to see GA aircraft (only Seneca II and Cessna 172 are in the swift FG database) while flying with P3D pilots, do I have to download P3D aircraft to my computer to get them into the model set?

Regards,
Oswald
Oswald

Postby wkitty42 » Sun May 24, 2020 12:52 pm

sounds to me like the swift aircraft database needs updating... it should be as simple as that... where and how that's done is above my pay grade, though... i don't use swift ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Support