Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Cessna 172  Topic is solved

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Cessna 172

Postby Gederson » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:23 am

:( :( :( :(
Salve!!!
Sou novo aí, então peguei um cessna, só que na hora de decolar, ele se inclina pra direita e cai...
O que pode ser?
To decolando do santos dumont, apárentemente, parece vento cruzado, mas não habilitei isso

Por favor uma dica aí pra um iniciante....
Gederson

Re: Cessna 172

Postby Lincoln » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:32 am

My first tip would be speaking english here.
Minha primeira dica seria falar inglês aqui

as that is the forum language

como esse é o idioma do fórum aqui
Currently flying the 737-800YV / MD-11-GE / 747-400

GE90-115B for life!

Follow me to the sun on SXS98X!

LincolnWorks discord!
Lincoln

Callsign: ATC_Lcn/RM01/SXS98X

Postby D-ECHO » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:34 am

Hey Gederson,
as this is an international forum, please try to post at least as well in English as in Portuguese, so that people can understand you.
Google Translate wrote:Save!!!
I'm new there, so I took a cessna, only at the time of takeoff, it leans to the right and falls ...
What can it be?
I'm taking off from santos dumont, apparently it looks like a cross wind, but I didn't enable it

Please a tip there for a beginner ....

Your problem might be that you are flying to slow, therefor the aircraft stalls. You can have a look at your airspeed indicator, which is the top left instrument and keep the needle in the green arc.
Regards and Welcome :)
(portuguese, via Google Translate:)
Google Translate wrote:Hey Gederson,
como este é um fórum internacional, tente postar pelo menos tão bem em inglês quanto em português, para que as pessoas possam entender você.

Seu problema pode ser que você esteja voando devagar, e por isso as aeronaves param. Você pode dar uma olhada no seu indicador de velocidade, que é o instrumento superior esquerdo e manter a agulha no arco verde.
Atenciosamente e Bem-vindo :)

[EDIT] Lincoln, you were faster :D
D-ECHO

Pronouns: Bea (she/her)
Version: next

Postby Gederson » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:50 am

thanks for the tip
but I saw that there is the point P, which pulls the single engine planes to the left, I will try with a twin engine,
because I already gave up with cessna
Gederson

Postby Lincoln » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:03 am

you could try a jetliner like the 737-800YV, A320, 777. Atleast the 777 calls VR which means that you have reached a high enough speed on the runway to stay airborne.

Rule of thumb with the A320 and 738 for me is 130Kt:V1 140Kt Vr (in good flying conditions) (since i fly using keyboard and mouse a rejected take off for me takes some time.)

However flying large jets requires some more practise to get it right. however they do have an autopilot which can land your plane for you using the ILS system. (I prefer flying to airports which have atleast ILS cat 3 for a precision approach) incase you need any help send me a PM and ill be happy to help you!
Currently flying the 737-800YV / MD-11-GE / 747-400

GE90-115B for life!

Follow me to the sun on SXS98X!

LincolnWorks discord!
Lincoln

Callsign: ATC_Lcn/RM01/SXS98X

Postby wlbragg » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:26 pm

Don't give up, it's a really cool airplane to fly. Yes it has some minor p effect. You can easily counteract that with rudder. if you're falling out of the sky that is airspeed. You'll do that in any airplane if you're going too slow. The Cessna has been designed to imitate a stall fairly accurately. It's one of a few planes in FG that will bank to the side and do an unrecoverable spin in a stall.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby Gederson » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:16 am

wlbragg wrote in Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:26 pm:Don't give up, it's a really cool airplane to fly. Yes it has some minor p effect. You can easily counteract that with rudder. if you're falling out of the sky that is airspeed. You'll do that in any airplane if you're going too slow. The Cessna has been designed to imitate a stall fairly accurately. It's one of a few planes in FG that will bank to the side and do an unrecoverable spin in a stall.

Yes, it took, but I found out how to control the rudder, "0" and "enter", bah,
so now I'm getting it.
I even managed to land 2 times.
kkkk
Small planes are easier to land ...
But then I decided to get a little bigger and it got complicated ...
Because you can't stabilize it on the descent ramp ...
But thanks for the tips ...
Gederson

Postby Gederson » Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:20 am

Lincoln wrote in Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:03 am:you could try a jetliner like the 737-800YV, A320, 777. Atleast the 777 calls VR which means that you have reached a high enough speed on the runway to stay airborne.

Rule of thumb with the A320 and 738 for me is 130Kt:V1 140Kt Vr (in good flying conditions) (since i fly using keyboard and mouse a rejected take off for me takes some time.)

However flying large jets requires some more practise to get it right. however they do have an autopilot which can land your plane for you using the ILS system. (I prefer flying to airports which have atleast ILS cat 3 for a precision approach) incase you need any help send me a PM and ill be happy to help you!

Yes, boy,
see, these big planes only with computer even to control them.
I don't even know if I could land without computers.
So I'm trying to go first without the help of computers.
But on youtube there is a very good video to pilot with autopilot.
I'll arrive there.
Thanks ...
Gederson

Return to Flying