Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Air Racing with the Zivko Edge 540

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: Air Racing with the Zivko Edge 540

Postby StuartC » Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:01 pm

Reno Air race custom scenery pack has been restored and can be downloaded :-

http://www.fguk.me/hangar/download/3-sc ... -air-races
StuartC

Callsign: WF01
Version: 2019.1

Postby xen_steda » Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:51 pm

StuartC wrote in Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:01 pm:Reno Air race custom scenery pack

Hello, I was wondering you could help a non developer person out with a small project. I have made a course at Kaneohe, Hawaii and would like to make a package just like the one you have made for Reno.

I have this going so far on my Github page:

https://github.com/xensteda/Kaneohe-Bay-Air-Race

When I try to install the course on a second computer to see if it will work, it doesn't seem to install it. In a perfect world, people would be able to use D-ECHO's Hawaii Custom Scenery and then also add my course so they can fly the course and also enjoy the scenery. I admit I am not sure how to share this so any basic info would be appreciated. Could you or anyone willing take a look at the folder setup to see what I am doing that makes it not work? Thank you!
xen_steda

Postby StuartC » Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:50 pm

I have no idea how scenery works. I think it has something to do the black magic and Virgin sacrifice, but I could be wrong. Anything I do with scenery fails. Not the best person to ask.
StuartC

Callsign: WF01
Version: 2019.1

Postby xen_steda » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:06 pm

StuartC wrote in Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:50 pm:I think it has something to do the black magic and Virgin sacrifice, but I could be wrong.

slams Necronomicon on desk...Ok let's do this! :D

Ok well maybe someone who is more familiar with scenery object packages could help out.

Question to all:

How can share my Air Race course as a package like the Reno Air Race? Thanks!
xen_steda

Postby FlugHund » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:16 pm

Ideally submit them to the database so everyone can enjoy them without any extra hassle. (Also, they prolly will get forgotten sooner or later if they're hosted on a different site. Which is what happened to the Reno Air Race objects, which I only remember because I had a note in my script to start FG.)

https://scenery.flightgear.org/contribute.php
FlugHund

Callsign: D-HUND
IRC name: D-HUND / debdog
Version: next

Postby xen_steda » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:24 pm

FlugHund wrote in Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:16 pm:Ideally submit them to the database so everyone can enjoy them without any extra hassle.

So you already know I'm sure that the Red Bull pylons and gates are already part of the Flightgear Scenery Database. I would like to be able to share the course I made that is at a specific location that uses those pylons, any idea how I would do that? Apologies if it seems like I'm not quite getting it.
xen_steda

Postby Gijs » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:34 pm

You can mass-submit positions for models that are already in the database (like the pylons) through this form https://scenery.flightgear.org/app.php? ... assiveform Please do let us know if the form is unclear.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby xen_steda » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:11 pm

I think I actually figured out what I was trying to do. I was just now able to load the course onto a second computer. I just had to change the pylons from OBJECTS_SHARED to OBJECTS_STATIC in the .stg file. The form does make sense, I just wanted to make the course I designed to be something people could easily install/uninstall, not make permanently part of the scenery of that location. I also had to put the scenery with the course above the Hawaii-CustomScenery by D-ECHO for it to show up.
xen_steda

Previous

Return to Flying