Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

F-16 upgraded to 'production' status

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: F-16 upgraded to 'production' status

Postby erik » Sat May 02, 2009 12:56 pm

Allright it's committed to CVS

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

Postby lqiyun » Mon May 04, 2009 3:41 pm

ok, er, here're the screenshots which I took from FalconSP today. We had an interesting session during the 'Fighter Pilot' session after school: dogfighting.. There were four fights in total, with each fight 'interrupted' by the trainer's debriefing and giving of tips. The first two were with F-16s against MiG-21s, the last two were with F-16s against Su-27s... For my first flight, I tried to hunt the MiG down, and we engaged in a dogfight. Then I lost track of it and I think it disengaged as well..... In the second fight, I managed to fire some shots at the MiG (by luck, i think), and I'm not sure whether the bullets hit, either that or, yeah, that stupid A.I. MiG crashed on its own... Oh well, maybe I shot it and damaged it and thus it crashed but i'm not sure. For the third dogfight, I ran outta fuel while fighting the Su-27, so I ejected. For the fourth dogfight, the Su-27 tried to shoot me down, but my defensive BFM seemed okay, and all its bullets missed :mrgreen: .. So yeah, in the end, there was no time to complete the last flight so I ejected as well.

Okay, anyway, enough of my crap, here're the screenshots, not sure if they'll help.... Download the zipped folder, the pictures are inside, in bitmap format :)
http://www.speedyshare.com/112304756.html

Cheers,
QiYun :mrgreen:
QiYun

Flightgear Callsign: Old-Man

Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart.
— Baron Manfred von Richthofen.
lqiyun

Postby Expo » Thu May 14, 2009 12:31 pm

Hi all!

I am a new member of the FG community. First of all a big thumbs up to all, this project rocks!

Since I have a personal preference for military aviation and live in the Netherlands, I would like to start my first projects working on EHVK / EHLW and the F-16.
The 3D cockpit will be my top priority.

If there are people with the same scope of interest please let me know so we can join forces and avoid duplicate work.
Expo

IRC name: Jorg
Version: dev

Postby Gijs » Thu May 14, 2009 2:19 pm

Welcome Expo!
Expo wrote:Since I have a personal preference for military aviation and live in the Netherlands

Nice to have another Dutch FlightGear user! I did some scenery projects in the Netherlands (and other countries), so we might cooperate on those airports. Please PM me ;)

Groetjes,
Gijs
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby kisio137 » Thu May 14, 2009 5:23 pm

There's other update - a FBW override funcion, done by me :P

It should be on CVS.
kisio137

Postby Expo » Thu May 14, 2009 5:51 pm

kisio137 wrote:There's other update - a FBW override funcion, done by me :P

It should be on CVS.

Hmm, not exactly sure what you mean. Are you refering to the MPO or manual pitch override?
Expo

Postby xiii » Fri May 15, 2009 8:38 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if it weren't a good idea to adapt the f-14b radar to the f16.

There is some nice features in this system like a working RWR (at least with other aircrafts equiped with the same system) and also radar performance depending on the target RCS and altitude.
In the other hand the system is still in development, it is complex and quite a bit convoluted. But it is already fun and realistic in use.

Any comment about this idea ?

Alexis
If the engines are Pratt and Whitney, the seats best be Martin Baker
xiii

Postby Expo » Fri May 15, 2009 10:05 am

A radar is always better than no radar at all, if you ask me :D
Expo

Postby xiii » Fri May 15, 2009 1:11 pm

Expo wrote:If there are people with the same scope of interest please let me know so we can join forces and avoid duplicate work.

At least here is the link to the Flightgear f16 main reference site: http://www.xflight.de/

And welcome to our little boat :-)

Alexis
xiii

Postby Expo » Fri May 15, 2009 1:24 pm

xiii wrote: At least here is the link to the Flightgear f16 main reference site: http://www.xflight.de/

And welcome to our little boat :-)

Alexis

Thnx! Looks like a lot of good information!
Expo

Postby xiii » Fri May 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Expo wrote:A radar is always better than no radar at all, if you ask me :D

About the f-14b radar, I am very cautious because it is a really complex (heavy) system, and also because there is a choice to do between FG legacy radar that has weather detection feature but which is less realistic and the f-14b one which is a work I've made in collaboration with Jettoo.

Alexis
xiii

Postby lqiyun » Fri May 15, 2009 1:59 pm

Hi, all!

Alright, er, I know that this is a little unrelated to the radar system.. But, well, yeah, I've been test-flying the f-16 with the gun sound, and it seems alright... So yep, now you can fire and hear the gatling gun sound.. HOWEVER, I'm not sure whether I used the correct one, as i'm a little suspicious that it sounds like a 30mm Vulcan Cannon, instead of the f-16's 20mm one... So, yeah, someone mind correcting me if i'm wrong? (I used the gun-sound from "$FGROOT/Sounds/gatling.wav"...

Here's the link: http://cid-8118d1998d506a35.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/f16.zip

Cheers,
QiYun :)
QiYun

Fight on and fly on to the last drop of blood and the last drop of fuel, to the last beat of the heart.
lqiyun

Postby bnex10 » Fri May 15, 2009 3:10 pm

The gun won't work at all for me. I updated the CVS last weekend. It still doesnt work.

EDIT: The plane works fine, but the gun itself wont work.
Callsign: Ion
bnex10

Callsign: Ion
Version: Git

Postby lqiyun » Sat May 16, 2009 6:13 am

bnex10 wrote:The gun won't work at all for me. I updated the CVS last weekend. It still doesnt work.

EDIT: The plane works fine, but the gun itself wont work.

You press 'e' to fire the gun.... And, er, try downloading the edited f-16 that I just uploaded onto Windows Live Skydrive :)
Cuz i think i screwed the previous version's gun up pretty badly...

Cheers,
QiYun :)
QiYun

lqiyun

Postby erik » Sun May 17, 2009 2:13 pm

Since CVS seems down today I've packed the latest developments into a new package which can be found here:
  • Added pushback truck support from Gijs and Torsten
  • Added RSAF Black Knights livery
  • Added gun sound

Erik
Current: Parachutist, Paraglider, Pterosaur, Pilatus PC-9M and variants, ERCO Ercoupe, Fokker Dr.1, Fokker 50, Fokker 100
Less active: Cessna T-37, T-38, Santa Claus. Previous: General Dynamics F-16. Worked on: Wright Flyer
erik

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft