Board index FlightGear Support Flying

A380 Thrust Levers Missing

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

A380 Thrust Levers Missing

Postby AncientBrit » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:11 am

Being a total newcomer to this maybe I'm missing something.
I have been trying to follow this http://wiki.flightgear.org/A380_Tutorial but cannot see the Thrust Levers where they are supposed to be.

(I would have added a screenshot but cannot see how to do it in here)

In addition when entering the plane when it is 'Cold and Dark' how do I switch on the internal lights so that I can see what I'm doing on the panels ?

There is also an additional issue I see in that when I use the Right Mouse button to alter the cockpit view it is very hard to read the labels on the controls.
It is as if the Pilot cannot move his/her head or body whereas in real life the Pilot would lean over and tilt his/her head to be able to check that they are operating the correct control.
By the way X-Plane also suffers from this, at least in the demo version.
AncientBrit

Re: A380 Thrust Levers Missing

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 2:57 pm

AncientBrit wrote in Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:11 am:(I would have added a screenshot but cannot see how to do it in here)

you put the screenshot onto a host on the internet and then provide a direct link to the image using the img tags...

eg:
Code: Select all
[img]http://foo.bar.invalid/some/path/actual_image_file.png[/img]

you can use sites like imgur... when you do, you must provide the link to the actual image file and not just the link to the page the file is on... the easiest way to do that is to look at the page once the file is uploaded and then right click on the image to select the link directly to it... then paste that into the img tags here...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Return to Flying