Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Postby Hooray » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:52 am

AAL545 wrote in Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:40 am:Is it possible to implement a moving map on the ND or the side monitor to show where I am on the taxi way, or would this kill the frame rate?

This can be done using the existing ND code and the MapStructure framework.

Alternatively, it is also possible to use osgEarth to render an orthographic view onto a canvas element, there's experimental code illustrating how to do this sort of thing - for details check the osgEarth branches maintained by Jeff (poweroftwo on the forum): https://gitlab.com/poweroftwo/simgear-o ... d83ed9d136

This would be also the kind of feature needed to implement functionality found on more modern GPS units, e.g. the Garmin 1000 - or the FG1000 that Stuart is working on.
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Postby CaptainCrazyAviation » Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:28 pm

Yeah people have been saying about the Mapstructure error but I just don’t know how to fix it. By the way Isaak, you don’t have to do it I am already happy with the 777 just the Mapstructure error. The Navigation Display gets stuck in the last heading. I turn the aircraft but just the ND won’t move. The heading gets stuck but the PFD heading doesn’t.
CaptainCrazyAviation

Postby legoboyvdlp » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:48 pm

Nobody's asking you to fix it, just asking for the information which is essential to fix it ;)

Without that information I'm afraid nothing can be done.

For a start to confirm you are on the latest FlightGear version released, 2019.1.2?

And you are using the Aircraft-trunk 777?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby Isaak » Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:46 pm

Hi all, I just wanted to let you know that due to real life obligations I'm currently unable to do any work on the 777. I also want to emphasise that my coding/modelling skills are very limited and that I don't have the time atm to improve those. If anyone wants to jump in, please feel free to do so, I'm currently only maintaining the 777 because no-one else was doing so anymore ;)
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA

Postby CaptainCrazyAviation » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:42 am

legoboyvdlp wrote in Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:48 pm:Nobody's asking you to fix it, just asking for the information which is essential to fix it ;)

Without that information I'm afraid nothing can be done.

For a start to confirm you are on the latest FlightGear version released, 2019.1.2?

And you are using the Aircraft-trunk 777?

Yes I confirm.
CaptainCrazyAviation

Postby V12 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:12 am

Where can I download 2019.1.2 version ? Because official download site https://www.flightgear.org/download/ offer version 2019.1.1 :

Linux PPA repository has 2019.1.1 version too. I have Linux version 2019.1.2 on LUbuntu 19.10, but it is builded with Download / Compile script and this is not easiest way for all users.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 3:28 pm

if you notice those links point to sourceforge... so go there to the flightgear project page and look in the files tab... or just edit the given link to put you in the release-2019.2 directory... https://sourceforge.net/projects/flightgear/files/release-2019.1/...

the problem is the automated updates to the site... they require manual attention in some cases and the team has been busy with RL so at this time is slightly uncoordinated with running the release scripts and making the updates... it is easy enough for folks like yourself who have been around for a while to figure it out, though ;)

another indication of the automation is the green box link on SF pointing to 2018.3.4 instead of 2019.1.something... the automation seems to use the last update run so it is possible that the order of cutting tags and packaging them may need to be reversed... but then it is also possible that manual intervention is the only real option...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby V12 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 4:33 pm

Thank You.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Isaak » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:49 am

Hi all,

Lars0817 did a tremendous job on improving the -300 and -300ER texture mapping, making it possible to add textures on the belly of those aircraft (check e.g. the ACA new livery he made). He also fixed the texture mapping on the wings, so you'll see a nice transition of the wing decals and shininess on the flaps and speedbrakes. For anyone making liveries, this means that you need to use the new template to make your livery function. All existing liveries in trunk have been updated, but liveries that are not in trunk might be broken.

I 'm slowly finding some time to work on the 777 again, so expect some (minor) improvements in the near future. I'll definitely have a look on the ND, as I 'm annoyed by the broken magenta lines too.

Kind regards,

Isaak
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Postby nimrod402001 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:04 am

Using 2019.1.1 B777 installed and requires 'update'. Selected, downloads but will not install and gives error "Aircraft Installation Failed......An error occurred installing the aircraft Boeing 777-200LR: A local file-system error occurred."
Can anyone shed any light as to what may be wrong?

The only way I can recover and gain access to B777 is to uninstall and re-install 2019.1.1 :(
nimrod402001

Postby Isaak » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:50 pm

Do you have the option to uninstall the 777 and reinstall only that?
Isaak

Postby nimrod402001 » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:51 am

Isaak,
No I am not given an uninstall option just 'update' which fails every time. :(
nimrod402001

Postby Isaak » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:53 pm

Anyone else having this issue?

In my FG installation, I get the possibility to remove an installed aircraft in the 'aircraft' tab, with a blue button on the left.
Isaak

Postby merspieler » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:03 pm

The problem is: You MUST update BEFORE you can remove it.... that's the case regardless of update issues.
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler

Postby nimrod402001 » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:31 am

I am aware the need to update before removing...that's NOT my problem. The problem is that when I select 'Update', it downloads ok but on installing I get the error message "Aircraft Installation Failed......An error occurred installing the aircraft Boeing 777-200LR: A local file-system error occurred.". Therefore I cannot use the B777 aircraft in the simulator until I uninstall the whole programme and re-install it, then the B777 is available to me again. I was asking if anyone knows what may be causing the installation error when using "update"
nimrod402001

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft