Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Icing issues.

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: Graphics problems Q&A

Postby tonimark » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:46 pm

FG versions:2019.1.1
aircraft: Cessna 182S (recently installed)
topic: when my CHT(cylinder temp) (oil amount 7 quarts) exceeds 400f (even with cowl flaps open) the engine will get limited to 2100 revs (with full propeller pitch) and the engine will eventually gain more heat until it probably dies out making me do 3 emergency landings, so did by overheating damage a component like crankshaft the piston rings, head gasket or something else? if I found myself in this situation again how to restore my engine?
tonimark

Icing issues.

Postby wlbragg » Fri Jan 03, 2020 6:28 pm

This is the wrong heading to post a question like this under. Your question has nothing to do with Graphics problems Q&A.

so did by overheating damage a component like crankshaft the piston rings, head gasket or something else?

The "Oil Management" option is not that sophisticated. It stops at temporarily killing an engine I believe. You should be able to "manage the oil or fuel" per what is available in the sim, or hit "Repair" (may have to have engine off and on the ground), or uncheck complex engine procedures and failures. All three options should reset the simulation to a pristine state.
Last edited by wlbragg on Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby tonimark » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:23 pm

thanks, i just find out that it was propelle icing simulated in engine overheating when I landed in a 5 celsius airport
tonimark

Postby wlbragg » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:26 pm

:) Yeah, or make sure your not icing the prop. Now there is a good simulation, one that makes you have to think about all the real life variables.
Well done to the 182 team!
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Return to Flying