Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

F-16 upgraded to 'production' status

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: F-16 upgraded to 'production' status

Postby Necolatis » Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:22 pm

Ah, sorry, in all the excitement I missed that you said its not finished.
"Airplane travel is nature's way of making you look like your passport photo."
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Callsign: Leto
IRC name: Neco
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby J Maverick 16 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 7:38 pm

Wow Thorsten I'm deeply impressed to say the least!
This is one major improvement to the F-16 and hopefully to the whole military-oriented developers and pilots as a whole. Thank you so much, can't wait to have it merged.
Cheers, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16

Postby V12 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:56 pm

Necolatis wrote in Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:00 pm:Use the Menu->Equipment->Radio to set the frequencies etc.

Thank You, will try.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Thorsten » Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:31 pm

Thank you so much, can't wait to have it merged.

No problem - I have to say, I'm enormously enjoying flying and operating the F-16 again in detail - after so many years since Falcon 4...

I think I have the explosions for the Mk 83 ready - but they haven't left my testing range with the ufo yet, I still have to attach them to the actual weapons.

But I've finally worked out properly how the to the guided bombs... well. at least the theory, the actual workflow is ugly.

Building locked:

Flying to the release point:

Paveway hits (that's how the big detonation looks from above...)

And that's how the smoke decal looks when the bomb hits a building:

(in case you're confused about the different hit locations - it's not all from the same run)

However... the workflow in FG is really ugly

* Aiming with the target pod is tricky - if you look from far away, the visibility is poor, but the advantage is that the picture moves relatively slow. However, the slant is large, so locking on the visual of a building might mean you're actually targeting behind it - not good. If you start aiming from closer by, the scene moves by fast and it's more difficult to lock the right moment.

I have no idea how these things work in reality, but I'm guessing it's easier than that - being forced to look down for 30 seconds and more is very distracting and against the whole philosophy of the F-16 with high situational awareness. Isn't there a 'hold' mode where the view is held on some spot and then moved - i.e. compensates for the motion of the plane?

* Sometimes the up-down-left-right is too coarse - I'm either left or right of the target, but I can't move the cursor on it precisely

* When moving out of the target pod view, it turns out the scenery is largely unloaded - which is vexing if you have hires scenery at high altitude which spends the next 30 seconds re-appearing and makes for a choppy flight.

Why is that - what is the nature of the problem that requires that we unload most of the scenery while looking through the pod?

* Since I'm busy for ~30 seconds locking a target I let the AP fly the plane straight - however, it turns out the AP can't handle an uneven load properly. once the first Paveway is released the second approach is a mess because the AP can't seem to hold attitude then - which is vexing. Only after the second Paveway is gone and the loadout is again symmetric it gets better.

I understand all this is easier if you have an AI target because then the system actually compensates for the plane motion - I've been able to observe Nimitz with ease - but I couldn't hit it. because... more vexation... the locked view doesn't follow a moving target, so the laser ended up illuminating a spot a hundred meters behind the ship by the time the weapon arrived.

So it really only works well with a static AI target.

All in all, it's a real mess compared with just CCIP-bombing things from 3000 ft - I have a hunch in reality it's reversed - so what is missing in FG?
Thorsten

Postby Necolatis » Fri Oct 25, 2019 6:45 pm

Thorsten wrote in Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:31 pm:* Aiming with the target pod is tricky - if you look from far away, the visibility is poor, but the advantage is that the picture moves relatively slow. However, the slant is large, so locking on the visual of a building might mean you're actually targeting behind it - not good. If you start aiming from closer by, the scene moves by fast and it's more difficult to lock the right moment.

Sorry for stating the obvious, but did it not help to switch from WIDE to NARO? You can also do a flyover where you lock the target, and then turn back to bomb it.

Thorsten wrote in Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:31 pm:I have no idea how these things work in reality, but I'm guessing it's easier than that - being forced to look down for 30 seconds and more is very distracting and against the whole philosophy of the F-16 with high situational awareness. Isn't there a 'hold' mode where the view is held on some spot and then moved - i.e. compensates for the motion of the plane?

Yes there is a hold mode where you can adjust, but only if the building/object is its own FG client in MP server or a scenario object. Then lock onto it by radar, and then get a more precise lock by Pod.

Thorsten wrote in Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:31 pm:* Sometimes the up-down-left-right is too coarse - I'm either left or right of the target, but I can't move the cursor on it precisely

Hmm, Maybe it could be more fine. You were in NARO mode, right?

Thorsten wrote in Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:31 pm:* When moving out of the target pod view, it turns out the scenery is largely unloaded - which is vexing if you have hires scenery at high altitude which spends the next 30 seconds re-appearing and makes for a choppy flight.

No clue why this is.

Thorsten wrote in Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:31 pm:* Since I'm busy for ~30 seconds locking a target I let the AP fly the plane straight - however, it turns out the AP can't handle an uneven load properly. once the first Paveway is released the second approach is a mess because the AP can't seem to hold attitude then - which is vexing. Only after the second Paveway is gone and the loadout is again symmetric it gets better.

You will have to ask Josh this. He did the A/P. However the FBW is not so automatic in roll/yaw as it is in pitch, so its fully up to the A/P.
Due to the yaw and roll, I often drop bombs in pairs. In the real F-16 you can also set to both drop in pair and ripple drop single or pairs with some distance.

Thorsten wrote in Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:31 pm:I understand all this is easier if you have an AI target because then the system actually compensates for the plane motion - I've been able to observe Nimitz with ease - but I couldn't hit it. because... more vexation... the locked view doesn't follow a moving target, so the laser ended up illuminating a spot a hundred meters behind the ship by the time the weapon arrived.
So it really only works well with a static AI target.

Actually it does, try to aim for the center of the nimitz 3D model (where the 3D models 0,0,0 is), if you hit lock to it, the pod is going to say "POINT" instead of "AREA" and it will be followed. Since nimitz is big, I guess its not so easy but it can be done.

Thorsten wrote in Fri Oct 25, 2019 5:31 pm:All in all, it's a real mess compared with just CCIP-bombing things from 3000 ft - I have a hunch in reality it's reversed - so what is missing in FG?

Well, one thing you can do in the real F-16 is to put a waypoint on your target. Then the pod can hold on that, and you can adjust it to get right onto the target. Maybe that would be help.
Another thing that makes it easier in the real is that you just use your finger to move a hat on stick or throttle to move the pod, here we have to move the mouse and click which makes it more cumbersome.

Most pilots I know that fly the FG F-16 hit their target with regularity after some practice when doing CCRP, but I must admit that's with guided munition. The CCRP code is not perfect, it simulates the fall of the bomb very coarse, which is fine for guided bombs for not so good for unguided at higher altitudes.

JMav16, could you jump in here, since you probably have dropped the most ordnance of the people I know that fly the F-16? Do you also feel the pod movement should be more fine? Should the distance you have to aim on the center of the object be increased to ease locking onto it with 'POINT'?
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Postby Thorsten » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:55 am

Sorry for stating the obvious, but did it not help to switch from WIDE to NARO?

When you have a radar lock it's very usable.

When you do not - it gets tricky. Whenever you unlock, the view immediately moves with the aircraft, so if you fly towards the target and want to change the target point 'a bit more right', you need to push the sequence 'unlock' - 'down' - ('down') - 'right' - 'lock' (and time the last step such that the crosshairs are again above the target.

When you switch to narrow, everything moves just faster due to the perspective and your chance to properly time the lock again is gone. Narrow view is useless if the aircraft motion is not compensated for (like when you have a radar lock).

You can also do a flyover where you lock the target, and then turn back to bomb it.

Well, in FG you can.

If it's supposed to be halfway realistic, you might as well pull the ejection seat. There's two certain ways to alert a target to your presence - paint it with radar and overly it. If you avoid these things, you have a chance - if not you'll have a hostile swarm of fighters in the vicinity in a minute and you'll be a wonderful target for SAMs and AAA.

The way I understand this goes operationally is - your own fighters fly ~30 seconds ahead of you and fire missiles at everything that flies in the vicinity and Shrikes at every SAM that tries to target you, you have these 30 seconds to get a radar lock of your target, fly to the release point, drop whatever bombs you can get on target, jettison the rest, hit the AB and get the hell out of there low while you still can. If you stay for a second pass, you either already have massive air superiority or you just die.

The charm of TV/IR targeting is that you can extend these 30 seconds a bit - because they're passive sensors, they alert no one. Which basically means you can hit more targets in the same pass - especially if you have fire-and-forget weapons.

Well, the short version is - I want to do the correct thing and get things done in one pass without overflying anything and without long radar painting.

Yes there is a hold mode where you can adjust, but only if the building/object is its own FG client in MP server or a scenario object.

So basically having the hold mode (optionally) also for the current waypoint would solve this for good, because once aircraft motion is compensated for, I can aim and lock this fast, get one weapon released, change to a lock point 30 meters left, get the next weapon released and then turn around.

No clue why this is.

But you observe it as well? Or you do not?

You will have to ask Josh this. He did the A/P. However the FBW is not so automatic in roll/yaw as it is in pitch, so its fully up to the A/P.
Due to the yaw and roll, I often drop bombs in pairs. In the real F-16 you can also set to both drop in pair and ripple drop single or pairs with some distance.

Well, if he was serious about quitting FG, it's unlikely to result in an answer, so I may have to do this myself (I'm not exactly a stranger to AP design...)

(I miss the option to drop in pairs and ripple drop... should be easy to implement though...)

Actually it does, try to aim for the center of the nimitz 3D model (where the 3D models 0,0,0 is), if you hit lock to it, the pod is going to say "POINT" instead of "AREA" and it will be followed. Since nimitz is big, I guess its not so easy but it can be done.

Ah - makes sense. It didn't occur to me to try a different point...

Most pilots I know that fly the FG F-16 hit their target with regularity after some practice when doing CCRP, but I must admit that's with guided munition.

The problem is not hitting a point that I have locked correctly - with a guided weapon you do easily, with an unguided release you have an accuracy of ~150 m from high altitude in reality just as well, so I don't expect more from FG.

The problem really is locking the desired point without a hold mode.

Should the distance you have to aim on the center of the object be increased to ease locking onto it with 'POINT'?

I guess some AI things declare their size - so that could be used. I have to try, being aware that I should just hit the right spot makes a difference...
Thorsten

Postby Necolatis » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:12 am

Thorsten wrote in Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:55 am:But you observe it as well? Or you do not?

Actually, no.
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Postby Necolatis » Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:21 am

Thorsten wrote in Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:55 am:So basically having the hold mode (optionally) also for the current waypoint would solve this for good, because once aircraft motion is compensated for, I can aim and lock this fast, get one weapon released, change to a lock point 30 meters left, get the next weapon released and then turn around.

Committed in github now.
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Postby Thorsten » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:36 am

Actually, no.

Weird... Seems I need to investigate myself.

Committed in github now.

Cool. I've verified that if I target the right spot on Nimitz (which is far from obvious) the lock indeed follows the ship. And I've finally tried the Maverick as well - seems too easy, scoring 1.5 m precision hits from 12 miles away...

Do you have AI-scenarios of tanks somewhere - would be interesting to try this out with a more realistic target.

Anyway, here's the Mk 83 explosion

Code: Select all
<?xml version="1.0"?>

<PropertyList>

<name>MK-83</name>
   <path>MK-83.ac</path>

<effect>
         <inherits-from>Aircraft/f16/Models/Effects/fuselage/model-combined-fuselage</inherits-from>
         <parameters>
             <metallic type="float">0.80</metallic>
             <ambient-factor type="float">0.0</ambient-factor>
             <rain-enabled type="int">0</rain-enabled>
             <ambient-correction type="float">0.00</ambient-correction>
             <reflection-enabled type="int">0</reflection-enabled>
         </parameters>
         <object-name>MK-83_Shell</object-name>
         <object-name>MK-83_TailFins</object-name>
         <object-name>MK-83_Detonator</object-name>
         <object-name>MK-83_Wiring</object-name>
         <object-name>MK-83_Mounts</object-name>
     </effect>

<animation>
      <type>select</type>
         <object-name>MK-83_Detonator</object-name>>
      <condition>
         <property>payload/armament/mk-83/flags/msl-id-200</property>
      </condition>
   </animation>

<animation>
      <type>select</type>
      <condition>
      <not>
         <property>payload/armament/mk-83/flags/msl-id-200</property>
      </not>
      </condition>
   </animation>

<animation>
        <type>rotate</type>
        <factor>900</factor>
        <property>sim/time/elapsed-sec</property>
        <center>
         <x-m>0</x-m>
          <y-m>0</y-m>
          <z-m>0</z-m>
        </center>
        <axis>
          <x>1</x>
          <y>0</y>
          <z>0</z>
        </axis>
    </animation>

<particlesystem>
         <name>explosion-inner</name>
         <texture>../smoke.png</texture>

<emissive type="bool">true</emissive>
         <lighting type="bool">false</lighting>

<condition>
               <property>payload/armament/mk-83/flags/explode-id-200</property>
         </condition>

<attach>world</attach>

<placer>
           <type>point</type>
         </placer>

<shooter>
           <theta-min-deg>-180</theta-min-deg>
           <theta-max-deg>180</theta-max-deg>
           <phi-min-deg>-180</phi-min-deg>
           <phi-max-deg>180</phi-max-deg>
           <speed-mps>
             <value>350</value>
             <spread>50</spread>
           </speed-mps>
           <rotation-speed>
             <x-min-deg-sec>0</x-min-deg-sec>
             <y-min-deg-sec>0</y-min-deg-sec>
             <z-min-deg-sec>0</z-min-deg-sec>
             <x-max-deg-sec>0</x-max-deg-sec>
             <y-max-deg-sec>0</y-max-deg-sec>
             <z-max-deg-sec>0</z-max-deg-sec>
           </rotation-speed>
         </shooter>

<counter>
           <particles-per-sec>
             <value>20</value>
             <spread>10</spread>
           </particles-per-sec>
         </counter>

<align>billboard</align>

<particle>
           <start>
             <color>
               <red><value>   1.0 </value></red>
               <green><value> 1.0 </value></green>
               <blue><value>  0.4 </value></blue>
               <alpha><value> 1 </value></alpha>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>10</value>
             </size>
           </start>

<end>
             <color>
               <green><value> 0.5 </value></green>
               <blue><value>  0.2 </value></blue>
               <alpha><value> 0.7 </value></alpha>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>14</value>
             </size>
           </end>

<life-sec>
             <value>0.6</value>
           </life-sec>

<mass-kg>  5.5 </mass-kg>
           <radius-m> 0.5 </radius-m>
         </particle>

<program>
           <fluid>               air  </fluid>
           <gravity type="bool"> true </gravity>
           <wind typ="bool">     true </wind>
         </program>

</particlesystem>

<particlesystem>
         <name>explosion-outer</name>

<emissive type="bool">true</emissive>

<condition>
         </condition>

<attach>world</attach>

<placer>
           <type>point</type>
         </placer>

<shooter>
           <theta-min-deg>-180</theta-min-deg>
           <theta-max-deg>180</theta-max-deg>
           <speed-mps>
             <value>600</value>
             <spread>120</spread>
           </speed-mps>
           <rotation-speed>
           </rotation-speed>
         </shooter>

<counter>
           <particles-per-sec>
             <value>40</value>
             <spread>10</spread>
           </particles-per-sec>
         </counter>

<align>billboard</align>

<particle>
           <start>
             <color>
               <alpha><value> 1 </value></alpha>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>8</value>
             </size>
           </start>

<end>
             <color>
               <green><value> 0.5 </value></green>
               <alpha><value> 0.7 </value></alpha>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>20</value>
             </size>
           </end>

<life-sec>
             <value>1.5</value>
           </life-sec>

<mass-kg>  5.5 </mass-kg>
         </particle>

<program>
         </program>

</particlesystem>

<particlesystem>
         <name>explosion-smoke-inner</name>

<emissive type="bool">false</emissive>

<condition>
          <and>
          <not>
               <property>payload/armament/mk-83/flags/explode-water-id-200</property>
           </not>
          </and>
         </condition>

<attach>world</attach>

<placer>
           <type>point</type>
         </placer>

<shooter>
           <theta-min-deg>35</theta-min-deg>
           <theta-max-deg>65</theta-max-deg>
           <speed-mps>
             <value>500</value>
             <spread>50</spread>
           </speed-mps>
           <rotation-speed>
             <z-max-deg-sec>30</z-max-deg-sec>
           </rotation-speed>
         </shooter>

<counter>
           <particles-per-sec>
             <value>200</value>
             <spread>5</spread>
           </particles-per-sec>
         </counter>

<align>billboard</align>

<particle>
           <start>
             <color>
               <red><value>   0.3 </value></red>
               <green><value> 0.3 </value></green>
               <blue><value>  0.25 </value></blue>
               <alpha><value> 1.0 </value></alpha>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>6</value>
             </size>
           </start>

<end>
             <color>
               <red><value>   0.4 </value></red>
               <green><value> 0.4 </value></green>
               <alpha><value> 0.1 </value></alpha>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>14</value>
             </size>
           </end>

<life-sec>
             <value>23</value>
           </life-sec>

<mass-kg>  9.0 </mass-kg>
         </particle>

<program>
         </program>

</particlesystem>

<particlesystem>
         <name>explosion-smoke-outer</name>

<condition>
         <and>
               <property>payload/armament/mk-83/flags/explode-smoke-id-200</property>
          <not>
           </not>
          </and>
         </condition>

<attach>world</attach>

<placer>
           <type>point</type>
         </placer>

<shooter>
           <theta-min-deg>0</theta-min-deg>
           <theta-max-deg>60</theta-max-deg>
           <speed-mps>
             <value>300</value>
             <spread>200</spread>
           </speed-mps>
           <rotation-speed>
           </rotation-speed>
         </shooter>

<counter>
           <particles-per-sec>
             <value>10</value>
             <spread>5</spread>
           </particles-per-sec>
         </counter>

<align>billboard</align>

<particle>
           <start>
             <color>
               <red><value>   0.3 </value></red>
               <green><value> 0.3 </value></green>
               <blue><value>  0.25 </value></blue>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>22</value>
             </size>
           </start>

<end>
             <color>
               <red><value>   0.4 </value></red>
               <green><value> 0.4 </value></green>
               <alpha><value> 0.5 </value></alpha>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>45</value>
             </size>
           </end>

<life-sec>
             <value>28</value>
           </life-sec>

<mass-kg>  6.0 </mass-kg>
         </particle>

<program>
         </program>

</particlesystem>

<particlesystem>
         <name>explosion-debris</name>
         <texture>../lava.png</texture>

<condition>
          <and>
          <not>
           </not>
          </and>
         </condition>

<attach>world</attach>

<placer>
           <type>point</type>
         </placer>

<shooter>
           <theta-min-deg>30</theta-min-deg>
           <theta-max-deg>60</theta-max-deg>
           <speed-mps>
             <value>300</value>
             <spread>250</spread>
           </speed-mps>
           <rotation-speed>
             <z-min-deg-sec>100</z-min-deg-sec>
             <z-max-deg-sec>300</z-max-deg-sec>
           </rotation-speed>
         </shooter>

<counter>
           <particles-per-sec>
             <value>350</value>
             <spread>5</spread>
           </particles-per-sec>
         </counter>

<align>billboard</align>

<particle>
           <start>
             <color>
               <red><value>   0.2 </value></red>
               <green><value> 0.2 </value></green>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>0.5</value>
             </size>
           </start>

<end>
             <color>
               <red><value>   0.2 </value></red>
               <green><value> 0.2 </value></green>
               <alpha><value> 0.1 </value></alpha>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>0.5</value>
             </size>
           </end>

<life-sec>
             <value>10</value>
           </life-sec>

<mass-kg>  13.0 </mass-kg>
         </particle>

<program>
         </program>

</particlesystem>

<particlesystem>
         <name>explosion-water-inner</name>

<condition>
          <and>
          </and>
         </condition>

<attach>world</attach>

<placer>
           <type>point</type>
         </placer>

<shooter>
           <theta-min-deg>0</theta-min-deg>
           <theta-max-deg>4</theta-max-deg>
           <speed-mps>
             <value>550</value>
             <spread>550</spread>
           </speed-mps>
           <rotation-speed>
             <z-min-deg-sec>-30</z-min-deg-sec>
             <z-max-deg-sec>30</z-max-deg-sec>
           </rotation-speed>
         </shooter>

<counter>
           <particles-per-sec>
             <value>800</value>
             <spread>5</spread>
           </particles-per-sec>
         </counter>

<align>billboard</align>

<particle>
           <start>
             <color>
               <blue><value>  1.0 </value></blue>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>7.0</value>
             </size>
           </start>

<end>
             <color>
               <alpha><value> 0.2 </value></alpha>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>7.0</value>
             </size>
           </end>

<life-sec>
             <value>22</value>
           </life-sec>

<mass-kg>  17.0 </mass-kg>
         </particle>

<program>
         </program>

</particlesystem>

<particlesystem>
         <name>explosion-water-outer</name>

<condition>
          <and>
               <property>payload/armament/mk-83/flags/explode-smoke-id-200</property>
          </and>
         </condition>

<attach>world</attach>

<placer>
           <type>point</type>
         </placer>

<shooter>
           <theta-min-deg>15</theta-min-deg>
           <theta-max-deg>70</theta-max-deg>
           <speed-mps>
             <value>180</value>
             <spread>100</spread>
           </speed-mps>
           <rotation-speed>
             <z-min-deg-sec>-50</z-min-deg-sec>
             <z-max-deg-sec>50</z-max-deg-sec>
           </rotation-speed>
         </shooter>

<counter>
           <particles-per-sec>
             <value>80</value>
             <spread>5</spread>
           </particles-per-sec>
         </counter>

<align>billboard</align>

<particle>
           <start>
             <color>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>12.0</value>
             </size>
           </start>

<end>
             <color>
               <alpha><value> 0.2 </value></alpha>
             </color>
             <size>
               <value>30.0</value>
             </size>
           </end>

<life-sec>
             <value>23</value>
           </life-sec>

<mass-kg>  11.0 </mass-kg>
         </particle>

<program>
         </program>

</particlesystem>

<animation>
        <type>rotate</type>
        <object-name>explosion-smoke-inner</object-name>
      <object-name>explosion-smoke-outer</object-name>
      <offset-deg>0</offset-deg>
        <factor>1</factor>
        <property>payload/armament/mk-83/flags/explode-angle</property>      
        <center>
         <x-m>0</x-m>
          <y-m>0</y-m>
          <z-m>0</z-m>
        </center>
        <axis>
          <x>1</x>
          <y>0</y>
          <z>0</z>
        </axis>
    </animation>      

<animation>
        <enable-hot type="bool">false</enable-hot>
    </animation>

</PropertyList>

i'll have a look at the Maverick next, it's a bit of a lighter warhead, not sure if it craters much.

Trying to test the explosions at night, I figured out another issue (which was also present in the original) - the lighting of the smoke never changes :( There's a hack to solve that which I've been using for the Shuttle, but to make it efficient is a somewhat more invasive change to the aircraft systems. Basically property rules can be used from the light in the scene to construct a lighting-dependent color palette - and this palette rather than numbers can be used in the particle systems.
Thorsten

Postby Necolatis » Sat Oct 26, 2019 11:45 am

Another hack to just use something like: (not my idea, stole it from somebody, probably Richard)

Code: Select all
     <red><expression><product><value>0.8</value><property>rendering/scene/diffuse/red</property></product></expression></red>
     <green><expression><product><value>0.8</value><property>rendering/scene/diffuse/red</property></product></expression></green>
     <blue> <expression><product><value>0.8</value><property>rendering/scene/diffuse/red</property></product></expression> </blue>

A scenario with some aircraft and 2 moving humvee's plus a factory can be found here:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Nikol ... t_KXTA.xml
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Postby Thorsten » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:40 pm

Another hack to just use something like: (not my idea, stole it from somebody, probably Richard)

Yep - smells like Richard. Seems promising because it's self-contained.
Thorsten

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sat Oct 26, 2019 10:30 pm

I found that - can't remember where, but I thought it was actually you that posted that somewhere Thorsten? I recall the place warning not to use diffuse/green and blue as they wouldn't give the correct lighting. It was months ago however so I can't remember where.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby Necolatis » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:39 am

The scenario have been broken in between 2018.3 and 2019.1, should be fixed now.
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Postby Necolatis » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:42 am

Thorsten wrote in Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:55 am:Well, if he was serious about quitting FG, it's unlikely to result in an answer, so I may have to do this myself (I'm not exactly a stranger to AP design...)

Maybe he just needs some time.
— Al Gore
Necolatis

Postby Thorsten » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:19 am

I found that - can't remember where, but I thought it was actually you that posted that somewhere Thorsten? I recall the place warning not to use diffuse/green and blue as they wouldn't give the correct lighting.

The basic idea is mine, but the style looks more like Richard - I use <expression> tags only rarely.

Maybe he just needs some time.

I dunno - at some point I have to decide - do I treat someone as an adult person who makes his own decisions and takes responsibility for them or as a child who throws tantrums which pass over?

I'm in favour of the first.
Thorsten

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft