Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Bombable planes not working

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Bombable planes not working

Postby Therealmrstarfish » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:03 pm

Hello, forum-goers!

I have recently installed Bombable in Flightgear. To do so, I simply unzipped the entire download to my data file.

After the download, I tried a few scenarios. The ferries, tanks, and jeeps all work. I can damage, sink, and destroy them. However, the planes do not work. I have maneuvered behind them, and found that they are rendered as the default glider. When I shoot them (both with guns and missiles), no damage registers.

I have reinstalled Bombable from the zip file, but that did not fix it. I also reinstalled flihtgear, but that did not work either. I am running Windows 10 on a Lenovo S340 SSD that has a UHD 620 graphics card. I am using FLightgear 2019.1.1, but the problem also manifested similarly in an earlier 2018 version. My friend, using Mac, has also reported a similar problem Any suggestions?
Therealmrstarfish

Re: Bombable planes not working

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 2:05 am

the support area for the bombable mod is here -> https://forum.flightgear.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5742&p=43772#p43772
but the last post in the 31 pages of that sub was Feb 2018...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby V12 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:47 am

IMHO, If Bombables are as gliders, FG did not found something and bombable scripts can't work. First try fix this issue, probably this solve others.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby VicMar » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:33 am

The default glider is rendered when you don't have a particular aircraft in your aircraft folder.

Have you already downloaded the aircraft you are trying to shoot at?

Vic
Time flies like an arrow
Fruit flies like a banana
VicMar

Callsign: VicMar
Version: 2018.3.1

Postby vanosten » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:04 am

I agree with above.
You might want to consider the fact that Bombable is quite dead - amongst others because a lot of effort is done in in the http://opredflag.com/ community (still open source despite the .com).
Maintaining osm2city. Contributing with ground attack stuff to the OPRF FlightGear military-simulation community.
vanosten

Pronouns: he/his
Callsign: HB-VANO
Version: latest

Postby Michat » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:22 pm

ou've installed bombable in a wrong way. You might want to move bombable aircraft, every bomblable folder into the FG folder structure in correspondence, not sure if it was under addons, but you need to move every folder's content into the correspondence folder in FG.

Bombable works fine, however recent changes on the terrain made some ground target appear like hidden under surface.

Michat

Version: 191b

Postby Therealmrstarfish » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:19 pm

VicMar wrote in Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:33 am:Have you already downloaded the aircraft you are trying to shoot at?

Vic

They are all downloaded.
Therealmrstarfish

Postby enrogue » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:03 pm

Brent recently merged a couple of fixes I put in to fix visibility of a couple of the aircraft (the A-10 & SPAD), but I don't think the download zip file is up to date with the git repo.

I would get from the github repository & manually copy in if you want the fixes (github here https://github.com/bhugh/Bombable)

One other thing I remember - there was a bug in loading detailed vs low poly models in recent versions of FG that caused an issue with Bombable & other scenarios, which from memory is fixed

In any case I'll check that all is working tonight & post back here - Bombable isn't dead (yet), it could just do with converting to an Addon to make it more relevant & easier to install/use
enrogue

Callsign: enrogue

Return to Installation