Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

eurofighter typhoon

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: eurofighter typhoon

Postby Pakistan-1 » Mon May 02, 2016 7:56 am

Is this plane still being worked on ?
Pakistan-1

Callsign: DocDMG,PK1,MIA2020
Version: 3.7

Postby bugman » Mon May 02, 2016 9:47 am

The one in FGAddon hasn't been worked on in a long time (2010 was the last commit to this aircraft in the old Gitorious fgdata repository). But I think there might be another over at FGUK. I'm not sure on the status of the FGUK plane though.

Regards,
Edward
bugman

Version: next

Postby vanosten » Fri May 26, 2017 1:42 pm

It seems to me that the hangar of Operation Red Flag points to the most updated Eurofighter: http://opredflag.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2412191. And the best of that version is that there is a manual :-)
Maintaining osm2city. Contributing with ground attack stuff to the OPRF FlightGear military-simulation community.
vanosten

Pronouns: he/his
Callsign: HB-VANO
Version: latest

Postby PINTO » Fri May 26, 2017 4:23 pm

I'm the one sort of maintaining the OPRF one (maintaining, not really improving - I've been focusing on the MiG-21 for a while). I know FGUK also has also updated theirs, and have added in a little bit of my code (specifically the g-limiting bit). Most of the work done on it was done by the FGUK guys, I mainly just ported over radar and weapons to the OPRF system.

My repo is at https://github.com/l0k1/eurofighter. It's OPRF compliant with fully working air to air and good radar (air to ground isn't working very well at the moment). The next planned update is to add RCS return signal strength to the radar, that's being tested in the Viggen right now first before porting it over to other aircraft. Long term I'd like to do a JSBSim version, but that's a long ways away - after much of the work on the MiG is done.

Anywho, pull requests are welcome and encouraged.
Actively developing the MiG-21bis (github repo) (forum thread) (dev discord) (fg wiki)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Callsign: pinto
Version: stable

Postby HerbyW » Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:31 pm

Hi Pinto,

I work on your version for 2 days now.
First I have fixed all errors for missing objects and all other errors from the log file.
Now I try to get the gears fixed so that landing is possible, at the moment the aircraft is jumping into the air after touch down.
I will post my version soon, then you may have a look to it.

I am really happy that you put so much work in it and it looks great and so far all things are working very well!

Big thanks to you!
HerbyW

Postby PINTO » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:04 am

Hi HerbyW,
Glad you are working on it :) The current version I am working on is the dev branch, is that the same that you are working off of?
Thanks!
Actively developing the MiG-21bis (github repo) (forum thread) (dev discord) (fg wiki)

http://opredflag.com is an active flightgear dogfighting community (using a system that isn’t bombable)
PINTO

Postby HerbyW » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:43 pm

I used the link that you provided!
And it is not the dev version.
So it will be not so easy to put it together.
How we continue now?

OK, I see you have a JSBsim version now.
Mine is only yasim.

I made a pull request to your repository with all changes.
HerbyW

Postby PINTO » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Yes, that link is over 2 years old :) The new work has started since then.

But, people still fly the YASim version, so your work definitely still helps! I can port it to the JSBSim version here soon if you do not wish to bother.

PINTO

Postby Octal450 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 5:59 pm

I already fixed the gear in the JSBsim version with my FlyByWire and Aero improvments

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411
Version: next

Postby PINTO » Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:19 pm

The gear fix for the YASim version is different from the JSBSim version.

Please note if you want to contribute to the dev version, I am being very picky about commits and formatting. I'm taking a break from it for a little bit because the math for the HUD was making me very frustrated, so I've been working on the MiG-21 in the meantime - but it should definitely still be considered under active development. I would recommend asking about what you are working on first with the dev version - there are specific frameworks planned to be used for all canvas, and I'd hate to see anyone waste work/time.

In the future, the plan is to do away with the YASim version entirely, as there are already a couple YASim Typhoons floating around flightgear, and maintaining two separate FDMs doesn't make sense to me. All the systems are written in JSBSim, so they can't be used with the YASim version.

PINTO

Postby RobAndrew » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:15 pm

Nice to see this thread is active...

I used to fly the Eurofighter quite a lot, just practicing flying really. Then I realized that A/G didn't work and that put me off flying it. After enquiring about it I've realized that there is potentially another being worked on alongside the MIG21.
Either way it's something i'm certainly looking forward to flying again. When it is deemed "Finished" if such a thing exists! I do wish I could help with it, but right now my only specialty is Blender, Which I don't believe anything needs doing to it on that side of things
RobAndrew

Callsign: G-RAND
Version: 2020.

Postby EnricoC » Sat May 01, 2021 6:41 pm

Anyone continuing to develop?
Or was he left to die?
BR
EnricoC
Callsign : Spectre
www.enricocastaldi.simplesite.com

"A superior pilot uses his superior judgment to avoid situations which require the use of his superior skill".
Frank Frederick Borman II
Commander of Apollo 8 .
EnricoC

Callsign: Spectre
Version: 2018.2.2

Postby Johan G » Sun May 02, 2021 9:51 am

EnricoC wrote in Sat May 01, 2021 6:41 pm:Anyone continuing to develop?

I think that the most recent activity on the Eurofighter happened at FlightGear UK (FGUK) (last post is almost to the day one year old though). See their Eurofighter Typhoon subforum.
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Previous

Return to Aircraft