Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Postby nimrod402001 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:14 pm

Hi. I recently installed 2019.1 and updated the B777. Whenever I try to select the AUTOPILOT it will not engage and I get the "Autopilot Disengaged" message. When using an older version of B777 in 2019.1 the autopilot engages normally. I would love to be using all the new options in the newest version of the B777 so is anyone else having problems with it's autopilot?

Regards
Steve
nimrod402001

Postby Isaak » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:25 pm

It is because you don't have the controls in or close to the neutral position. Try trimming the aircraft and keeping the yoke centered before you engage the autopilot. The autopilot will also disengage if you move the controls, just like in real life.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby Isaak » Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Hi all,

Sorry for double posting. I realise I've been a bit quiet lately, because of a very busy time at work that doesn't seem to end very soon. Still some development has been done, by others. Lars (user Lars0817) has made some very nice KLM liveries and an Air Canada livery for the 777-200 series, as you can see below. I have one big question for the community before I commit them: There are a lot of 777 KLM liveries currently (4 for the 200 series, 6 for the 300 series), which might be a bit confusing. What is your opinion, should I keep the old KLM liveries (without the wave near the nose) or can I delete them to keep the livery dialog somewhat condensed? An overview:

200 series:
- KLM 200(ER/LR) old livery
- KLM Asia 200(ER) new livery (not committed yet)
- KLM 200(ER/LR) new livery with 100 years celebration sticker (not committed yet)
- KLM Asia PH-BQF 200ER new livery with 100 years celebration sticker and white nose (as the real life aircraft) (not committed yet)

300 series:
- KLM 300(ER) new livery
- KLM Asia 300(ER) new livery
- KLM Orange Pride 300ER new livery
- KLM PH-BVA 300ER old livery
- KLM 300(ER) old livery
- KLM Skyteam livery

What is your opinion?

Previews:

Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA

Postby nimrod402001 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:08 pm

Isaac

Thanks. All works perfectly now.
nimrod402001

Postby merspieler » Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:01 am

Why do you have to add all the liveries to the repo... it just blows its size. There's a dedicated infrastructure for liveries: http://liveries.flightgear.org/

Use it.

I've had a mail in my Drafts on this for the mailing list... Just send it since it's seems to be relevant.
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler

Postby sidi762 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:33 am

merspieler wrote in Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:01 am:Why do you have to add all the liveries to the repo... it just blows its size. There's a dedicated infrastructure for liveries: http://liveries.flightgear.org/

Use it.

I've had a mail in my Drafts on this for the mailing list... Just send it since it's seems to be relevant.

Unfortunately, that site doesn't seem to be maintained anymore. Liveries submitted won't pass the review since no one is doing that for a loooooong time.
sidi762

Callsign: DAG0762
Version: 2020.3.18

Postby merspieler » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:00 am

Well, If that's the case, we'd need a new maintainer... we'll see what the mailing list turns up
Nia (you&, she/her)

Please use gender neutral terms when referring to a group of people!

Be the change you wish to see in the world, be an ally to all!

Join the official matrix space
merspieler

Pronouns: you&, she/her
Callsign: you&, she/her
IRC name: merspieler

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:41 pm

FWIW: i kinda like the idea but the mechanisms would have to be built... that means more work to be done in the launcher to display available liveries and download them to the proper place for the craft to find them... then there's having to ensure that all craft use the same livery loading/switching mechanism and that it is able to detect installed liveries... some craft do not use the available livery nasal library (i think that's what it is) and have developed their own method of loading liveries...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Octal450 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:11 pm

No, that's not true.
You can just have each submitted livery be for each plane. They just download the files.

Kind Regards,
Josh

PS: Nobody uses a different livery system as far as i know.
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby legoboyvdlp » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:24 pm

The only one I know of not using the standard livery system is the Fiat by abbasign which uses Canvas dynamic liveries.
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:28 am

Octal450 wrote in Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:11 pm:PS: Nobody uses a different livery system as far as i know.

are you saying that every single craft out there uses "Nasal/liveries.nas" or the code below to index and load the liveries like the c172p does??

Code: Select all
# liveries =========================================================
aircraft.livery.init("/Aircraft/c172p/Models/Liveries", "sim/model/livery/name", "sim/model/liverytail/name", "sim/model/liverywing/name", "sim/model/livery/index");

OR this code??
Code: Select all
aircraft.livery.dialog.toggle()
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Octal450 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:41 am

Yes... Pretty much every single aircraft does something like that with slight variations on the first one.

Irregardless, it's just texture and xml. It does not matter what method the plane use as the liveries uploaded will follow it's standard!

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations

Octal450

Postby wkitty42 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:39 pm

thanks for the information...

my point was that if a craft used a different method of handling liveries, it could fail to WAD (Work As Desired) if/when a download/update system was put in place... if all craft use the same mechanism and index the available liveries as they appear on the local system, then this potential problem doesn't exist...

one other possible problem area would be where the craft expect to find the liveries... some place them in Models/Liveries but this doesn't have to be so... it would appear that the launcher would have to also parse the livery loading code call (see above in the aircraft.livery.init example) to determine where to place the liveries so the aircraft.livery.* code can find it... the second option, above, doesn't indicate where the liveries are located so i can only assume that there is some sort of standard location used... the question is where that location is found...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Octal450 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:23 pm

Who said anything about a download system? All he said was looking for a new maintainer of the page...

Kind Regards,
Josh

Octal450

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:27 pm

apparently the discussion is taking place over several different discussion areas... there is specific on-going discussion to implement downloading of liveries by the launcher in the same fashion that craft are currently able to be downloaded... the delays seen by slow acceptance of liveries and updates to existing liveries is another problem that does need to be rectified... it is not directly involved in the proposed ability to download liveries, via the launcher, as needed instead of packaging 10-100+ liveries in the repos with the craft and thus further bloating the repos... merspeiler's post above speaks of a message proposing this to the dev list which has been sent and read and is under further discussion at this time...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft