Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

B-52H Build Thread

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: B-52H Build Thread

Postby cobe571 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:40 am

Hello,
It seems (unexpected) the B-52H_Stratofortress project grow.
Thanks to F-GTUX now we have a very basic, but functional FDM.
I included your code into my GitHub repository.
And you'll be added as Co-Author of this project.
Thank you really much for everything you're doing on this plane.

So, the finalized 3D model isn't finished yet; btw it starts to be almost ready.
Some adjustment are needed again but I'm workin on it and fully pressing to achieve good results.
Not the perfection, but almost good is enough for me.

The model itself has increased by weight. From 1.5 Mb (circa) to 5 Mb (circa). Into growing trend nowadays.
Many new details added.
Bomb-Bay has separated parts now and can be used for new animations.
New Gear is actually a work in progress. I want to give this model a decent gear.
Landing Lights too will be added.
The actual .ac file on GitHub is the latest 3D model version I worked on until last night without wheels.

I want to make Wings more realistic adding lights and many other fine details like separated brakes surfaces.
The cockpit is nowhere actually. So there's alot to do. The shut down engine sound failure will be fixed too.

Few screens taken into Blender shows the actual state of the job.

Starting the BUFF into FG for the first time right now looks like this

Press OK and go forward, it starts. Point of views need a fix too but the BUFF enter FlightGear finally :D

Well it starts workin.

@Joshua your awesome talent is needed here too.
I'm sure you can make the job with F-GTUX as well.
And the final result only can be even better.

Thanks to you all. Really!

Kind regards,

Patrizio.
"According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumblebee can't fly either, but the bumblebee doesn't know anything about the laws of aerodynamics, so it goes ahead and flies anyway."
cobe571

Callsign: cobe571
IRC name: cobe571
Version: 2020.3.8

Postby F_D2760 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:36 pm

Hi
Nice job!
Regards
KUbuntu 22.04
AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
AMD Radeon RX 6650 XT
22" + 22"
16 Go
F_D2760

Callsign: F_D2760
Version: Last one

Postby RobAndrew » Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:37 pm

Keep it up! I'm currently working on updating the B-1. Would really love to see both of these together on tarmac when they're finished!
RobAndrew

Callsign: G-RAND
Version: 2020.

Postby cobe571 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:32 pm

Thank you everyone,

Actually developing the Interior. So much things to do.
Probably it needs to be almost totally reworked again.

Kind regards,
Patrizio.
"According to the laws of aerodynamics, the bumblebee can't fly either, but the bumblebee doesn't know anything about the laws of aerodynamics, so it goes ahead and flies anyway."
cobe571

Postby RobAndrew » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:32 pm

If any internal modelling needs doing, give me a shout if you'd like help. As previously mentioned I've just reworked the entirity of the B1's cockpit so I could certainly give it a shot!
RobAndrew

Callsign: G-RAND
Version: 2020.

Postby cobe571 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:33 pm

RobAndrew wrote in Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:32 pm:If any internal modelling needs doing, give me a shout if you'd like help. As previously mentioned I've just reworked the entirity of the B1's cockpit so I could certainly give it a shot!

Thanks for the help. I think I can afford that modeling task with ease. What I really need are detailed pics of the internal cockpit.

Meanwhile I used to rework the bottom of the BUFF.

And some updates was already uploaded into my GitHub repository.

FIXED engine shut down sound
FIXED 3D model texture
FIXED liveries switch
UPDATE Authors file

Trying some fly too...

Kind regards,
Patrizio
cobe571

Postby wlbragg » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:15 pm

Latest GIT pull still shows a typo in -set.xml, lowercase -sound.xml VS -Sound.xml Also the interior view Captain and First Officer don't show any interior structure at all, like interior shell not loaded, but nothing in the log? I had what looked like a correct view, (no interior panels only shell), before the last pull from GIT.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby cobe571 » Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:55 pm

wlbragg wrote in Sat Sep 07, 2019 5:15 pm:Latest GIT pull still shows a typo in -set.xml, lowercase -sound.xml VS -Sound.xml Also the interior view Captain and First Officer don't show any interior structure at all, like interior shell not loaded, but nothing in the log? I had what looked like a correct view, (no interior panels only shell), before the last pull from GIT.

You can't see any interior structure cause there's not interiors at all. Still working on it, but not today, cause is Saturday. Next days I'll take workin on it again.

Kind regards,
Patrizio.
cobe571

Postby wlbragg » Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:38 pm

You can't see any interior structure cause there's not interiors at all

I got that, but I was seeing the aircraft fuselage at least, I'm not seeing that anymore as if it is single sided or something else? I din't check to see if it's been changed to single sided in Blender, if so please disregard.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby cobe571 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:12 am

wlbragg wrote in Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:38 pm:
You can't see any interior structure cause there's not interiors at all

I got that, but I was seeing the aircraft fuselage at least, I'm not seeing that anymore as if it is single sided or something else? I din't check to see if it's been changed to single sided in Blender, if so please disregard.

I have to fix the views most probably.

Kind regards,
Patrizio.
cobe571

Postby Johan G » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:31 am

cobe571 wrote in Sat Sep 07, 2019 1:33 pm:I think I can afford that modeling task with ease. What I really need are detailed pics of the internal cockpit.

If you want to go above and beyond with the instruments, there are few sources as detailed as the mil specs they should comply with. Have a look at the list of categories of standards at EverySpec.com and search that page for "instruments". Generally you would look for the MS series of standards for drawings, though sometimes drawings are in a MIL-<something>-<number> instead.

Often you can find a spec from a certain time period, but unfortunately the newest specs often, instead of referring to a public domain US government standard, refer to commercial standards (that nearly always are behind a paywall :( ).

Note: set a goal for what you are looking for, I have more often than not derailed into looking at completely different things than I first intended while being over there. :wink:
Low-level flying — It's all fun and games till someone looses an engine. (Paraphrased from a YouTube video)
Improving the Dassault Mirage F1 (Wiki, Forum, GitLab. Work in slow progress)
Some YouTube videos
Johan G

Callsign: SE-JG
IRC name: Johan_G
Version: 2020.3.4

Postby Valafenn » Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:03 am

hello,

I've tested the plane, what a great job !

The cockpit you shown seems not to be a B-52G's one, you may find some cockpit pictures here (http://blog.flightstory.net/1510/cockpi ... ofortress/).

Hope the project is still in progress.

Best regards

Arch
Valafenn

Postby cobe571 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:17 am

Sorry. Not from my side. I stopped because there's not interest. And I can't work on it alone. I'm just a modeller, not a coder. Soon I'll remove it from my GIT account to continue my other projects.

Regards ~P.
Last edited by Johan G on Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the entire post directly above yours.
cobe571

Postby WoodSTokk » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:09 pm

cobe571 wrote in Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:17 am:Soon I'll remove it from my GIT account to continue my other projects.

No matter to remove it. Its possible that sometimes in the future a developer want build a nice B-52H but have no modelling skills.
In this case he/she will be happy to fill your nice model with life.
It doesnt hurt if the model sit in you Git repo and wait to wake up sometime as Sleeping Beauty.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby cobe571 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:16 pm

My work and my efforts aren't appreciated. So I'm not more interested to give my skills here.

Best regards

~P.
cobe571

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft