Board index FlightGear Development Spaceflight

Space Shuttle - Help

Discussion about development and usage of spacecraft

Re: Space Shuttle - Help

Postby GinGin » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:32 am

Alright, thanks Thorsten.
So it was somewhere on my side.
I started from a clean file and it works Ok. No more 30 ° pitch

I modified the threshold altitude of 420kfeet without any loft and I have the path I wanted, so perfect :)
Meco altitude and flight path angle ( or vs) is important ( for me) to have same conditions at Meco that NASA profile to use well the PEG 4 OMS 1/2 and AOA abort cue cards to enter into leo targeting ( works really nice)

And I crosschecked again all the Abort boundaries ( and contigency) one against Vi and Eo indications, it is almost like in the book.
The job behind the lines is really something ;)
GinGin

Callsign: Gingin

Postby GinGin » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:21 pm

Hey, I just finished a flight to Hubble.
It worked really well, Eilleen also, save/resume are perfects.
Amazing work there

Only thing is I didn't see Hubble, like if the object didn't load. ( but it was present in Canvas, Eileen, Spec 33 and 34, just the visuals missing )

Any hints ?
GinGin

Postby Thorsten » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:15 pm

Only thing is I didn't see Hubble, like if the object didn't load. ( but it was present in Canvas, Eileen, Spec 33 and 34, just the visuals missing )

When you say it was present in the Eileen dialog - could you ask her to do stationkeeping relative to HST or not? (aka, was the proximity simulation started but could not properly display the model, or did the proximity simulation never work)?

When you open SpaceShuttle/Nasal/scenario.nas and replace

Code: Select all
      SpaceShuttle.iss_manager.init(prox_x, prox_y, prox_z, 0,0,0);

by
Code: Select all
      SpaceShuttle.hst_manager.init(prox_x, prox_y, prox_z, 0,0,0);

and then execute the ISS docking scenario while starting with --aircraft=SpaceShuttle-mission, what happens?
Thorsten

Postby GinGin » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:07 pm

The proximity simulation worked.
She was doing station keeping regarding the position of HST correctly and all infos in canvas where ok in near zone

I did what you said for scenario and Hubble was well loaded in the ISS docking scenario
GinGin

Postby Thorsten » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:11 am

Meh - then I have no idea what the problem might have been.

I've seen the proximity handover go astray - then the object is unloaded again and you're back to the far zone - but that clearly did not happen as you got all info from the dialogs, so the code had the correct idea where the object is.

I've seen the 3d model loading go astray if there's a path typo or something like that - but apparently that's not the case for you either because you can force HST loading and see the model.

So I have no clue left - based on these tests, everything should have worked. If it happens again, perhaps the log file / console can shed any light on the issue when you look basically at handover time.
Thorsten

Postby Vinny002 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:39 pm

Guys, question for you, how often the space shuttle’s fuel cells should be purged so the avionics won’t go out? Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent
Vinny002

Postby GinGin » Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:55 pm

Once a day.
But if you have a problem like you encountered before with the avionics, post the log and some screens.
Easier to have assistance then ;)
GinGin

Postby Vinny002 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:47 pm

guys, I don't know how to attach files and screenshots onto this forum, any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks!!

cheers,
vincent
Vinny002

Postby Thorsten » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:19 am

You can't, you need to upload somewhere else and post the link here.
Thorsten

Postby eatdirt » Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:22 pm

Hey guys,
I do see now that HST is not in LVLH attitude, is it inertial? Or something more random?
(It looks inertial to me)

Is it grabbable? Please say yes!!!!! :)

PS: Eileen is so cool, quite a bit aggressive on the thrusters, but the job is done, not moving even by one foot :) FANTASTIC!
Wayne, your shinning baby is beautiful, congrats!!!
eatdirt

Postby Thorsten » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:26 am

HST is now inertial attitude locked, yes - at least that's what it'd be while it would be observing.

Eileen is so cool, quite a bit aggressive on the thrusters, but the job is done, not moving even by one foot

She can actually be told to be less agressive, but the GUI doesn't support that yet.

Is it grabbable? Please say yes!!!!!

HST is Wayne's baby, and I understand he had some ideas in mind about service missions etc., so I've not done anything but insert it into the general framework to take care of sensors, handover etc.
Thorsten

Postby eatdirt » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:34 am

Thanks for the explanations, I am looking forward to service it! The gameplay will be fantastic!!!
I still need to train my approach, I am burning far too more fuel to get it that close.

Cheers,
Chris.
eatdirt

Postby GinGin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:25 pm

Hello,

Thorsten, could you indicate me which lines in the ascent.nas is driving the green line shuttle is supposed to follow during ascent.
Also, is there a simple way to include in the entry .nas back ground a svg picture ( from inskape) for test purpose ?

Thanks for the help.
I am reading all the wiki about svg canvas etc , still a bit lost .
GinGin

Postby Thorsten » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:00 pm

Thorsten, could you indicate me which lines in the ascent.nas is driving the green line shuttle is supposed to follow during ascent.

I don't understand the question - do you want to know where the line is defined, or what commands make the Shuttle follow the line?

Also, is there a simple way to include in the entry .nas back ground a svg picture ( from inskape) for test purpose ?

No - I don't think so, because the whole management of DPS pages is a generalized display class (so that we can do a catch-all if a GPC fails or the power goes), if you want to insert another SVG layer you may actually have to hack that...
Thorsten

Postby GinGin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:12 pm

To know where the line is defined to modify it especially for the second stage to match modifications I made in autolaunch.

Copy for the entry
GinGin

PreviousNext

Return to Spaceflight