Board index FlightGear Development Spaceflight

Space Shuttle - Help

Discussion about development and usage of spacecraft

Re: Space Shuttle - Help

Postby GinGin » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:13 pm

Vinny002 wrote in Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:26 pm:Hi, guys, I noticed something is not right! When I am in orbit for about 1 day, the space shuttle cockpit displays start to flicker as it was trying to go out. Any solution to this? Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent

Hey Vincent, be more precise.
You have been in Orbit for a day. But did you let the computer opened 24 hours with FG running or save and resume?

Next time take a screenshot of what happens.

Here the hint from EatDirt, look at Spec 69 in Orbit with SM ( System Management) Major Function, you should see that

If something is wrong with Fuel Cell, you should the voltage below 28 V ( red markers) meaning contaminants may be present in the cell and a purge is needed
GinGin

Callsign: Gingin

Postby Vinny002 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:29 am

I will give the fuel cell purge a shot! I got a suggestion: is the space shuttle flight and space shuttle systems operation tutorial on YouTube as well! Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent
Vinny002

Postby GinGin » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:43 am

GinGin

Postby legoboyvdlp » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:17 pm

Code: Select all
Nasal runtime error: setprop() value is not string or number
  388.70 [ALRT]:nasal        at C:/Users/redpa/Documents/FlightGear/Custom Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/mission.nas, line 215
  388.70 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/FlightGear/Custom Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/mission.nas, line 622
  388.70 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/globals.nas, line 119

Nasal runtime error: No such member: label
  698.09 [ALRT]:nasal        at C:/Users/redpa/Documents/FlightGear/Custom Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/canvas/cdlg_traj_map.nas, line 129
  698.09 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: /sim/bindings/menu/binding[299], line 1

Nasal runtime error: No such member: listener1
  713.55 [ALRT]:nasal        at C:/Users/redpa/Documents/FlightGear/Custom Aircraft/SpaceShuttle/Nasal/canvas/cdlg_traj_map.nas, line 47
  713.55 [ALRT]:nasal        called from: C:/Users/redpa/Documents/Programs/FlightGear 2018.3.0/data/Nasal/canvas/gui.nas, line 471

Not so sure what this is, but its breaking the trajectory map.

Edit - seems to be missing
<inclination-targeting type="int">1</inclination-targeting> in mission.xml provided by GinGin. Not quite sure what its value is meant to be so setting 1 to see...
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby Thorsten » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:30 pm

Yep - old mission file format. Don't worry about the value, it's experimental and not documented yet, just set it to 1.
Thorsten

Postby GinGin » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:17 pm

Hello Thorsten, I am back with a couple of questions I noted during my last sessions.

1) I was looking to a way to see the drag acceleration wise during entry, could tell me where to look in those parameters ?

I was wondering what is nlf parameter meaning?

Is a pilot on x axis close to deceleration value D coming from drag during entry?

2)Is there a way to copy/Paste directly the state vector time stamp from game to a file ?

3)I am coming back about the 40000 pounds in addition in SHuttle .xml

</location>
        <pointmass name="Equipment">
            <weight unit="LBS"> 40000 </weight>
            <location name="POINTMASS" unit="M">
                <x>  2.7 </x>
                <y>  0.0 </y>
                <z> -2.7 </z>
            </location>

It is more a feedback than a question. I am playing with just a 5000 pounds value ( to take into account all the cryo stuff) and didn't see any consequences.
Shuttle weights are also really way closer to reality without those 40000 pounds
GinGin

Postby Thorsten » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:22 pm

Is a pilot on x axis close to deceleration value D coming from drag during entry?

It's probably quite good. Usually the location of the accelerometer matters only if rotational acceleration is involved - which is small during entry.

I was wondering what is nlf parameter meaning?

No idea - normal force perhaps? There's plenty JSBSim creates by default.

2)Is there a way to copy/Paste directly the state vector time stamp from game to a file ?

If you save the state, among other things the state vector and timestamp are dumped to file. Otherwise there's not - the state is also written to the console, so if you need it in LEO targeting, copy/paste is what I do.

I am playing with just a 5000 pounds value ( to take into account all the cryo stuff) and didn't see any consequences.

Okay, since I've still not figured out what my idea was, I suppose we'll lower the number prior to the next release.
Thorsten

Postby eatdirt » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:02 pm

Okay, since I've still not figured out what my idea was, I suppose we'll lower the number prior to the next release.

The Spacelab?
eatdirt

Postby GinGin » Sun Aug 11, 2019 9:13 pm

The Spacelab?

Interesting, fully loaded, Space Lab weighted 30000 pounds ish
GinGin

Postby GinGin » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:18 pm

A quick question for AP ascent.
I am using - 4 ° of loft for SRB and Second stage and - 40000 feet for lofting

Guidance is perfect up to the point where Stage = 3 moves to stage = 4
Flight director gives indication to pitch from 10 ° to 35 °, and I can't see from where it is coming in Auto launch.nas ( I just see some hdot target value and calculations)
With RTHU, it is working then ok. But without it, there is quite a huge difference of altitude at MECO

GinGin

Postby Thorsten » Tue Aug 20, 2019 7:48 pm

A quick question for AP ascent.

That is not a quick question, that is a 1-2 hour debug session request...
Thorsten

Postby GinGin » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:08 pm

I will provide more infos, and test it with normal settings then .
My guess was that it was pitching like that to prepare to rthu and subsequent loss of altitude during the rthu.
But if rthu is off, delta height is huge.
I will come back with more data then . If you don’t have that on your side, it might come from one of my tweaks ( I didn’t touch the stage 3 and 4 expect for late h dot target past Mach 23 )

I just wanted to know if you observed that or not also .
GinGin

Postby Thorsten » Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:04 am

Okay, with -4 deg on the SRB bias and -40.000 ft lofting, I came out slightly (3000 ft) below the nominal (modified by lofting) trajectory with RTHU and somewhat above (12.000 ft) without RTHU.

Clearly lofting as such worked in both instances, and the reason for the discrepancy is that the ascent AP isn't very agressively trying to reach a precise MECO altitude (why would we want that - the apoapsis is what we need to control) but only takes corrective action when it looks you're ending up too far from it, so I'd accept both values as being within tolerance.
Thorsten

Postby Vinny002 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:23 am

Guys, I just got the Flightgear 2019.1.2, when I load the space shuttle, Flightgear stopped loading when it says initializing subsystems, I waited for a few minutes, I hit the windows key, I saw the error message saying not enough arguments. I don’t know what was that about? Any solution to this problem? Thanks!

Cheers,
Vincent
Vinny002

Postby Thorsten » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:26 am

We need the actual error message from the log to say anything - but if the 2018.3 long term stable release worked fine, consider reverting to that, it's very well tested with the Shuttle whereas the technical 2019.X point releases are not.
Thorsten

PreviousNext

Return to Spaceflight