Board index FlightGear Support Hardware

Looking at yoke/rudder hardware for use with FlightGear

Joysticks, pedals, monitors.

Looking at yoke/rudder hardware for use with FlightGear

Postby Aidonithith » Sat Jan 12, 2019 7:40 am

The Best Pressure Cooker You Should Buy: Buying Guide & Reviews

A good pressure cooker will be an excellent investment that’s going to rapidly pay itself off. After all, according to the EPA, pressure cookers are much more power efficient than other cooking methods and will save you some pretty pennies on the power bill. Furthermore, pressure-cooked foods are certifiably healthier for you and your family.

Since there are a lot of brands and models to choose on the market, it can be tough to nail down a satisfiable model. In this buying guide and review, we’ll tell you the secrets to picking excellent top rated pressure cookers. We also have a few top pressure cookers for you to consider getting!

Related Article: https://thekinglive.com/instant-pot-duo80-8-quart-pressure-cooker.html

Electric Pressure Cooker vs. Stovetop Pressure Cooker

There are two types of pressure cookers: electric or stovetop. Both of them pressure cook, but the differences lie in the efficiency and functionalities you’re going to get.

A best rated electric pressure cooker is computerized and automated. All you really have to do to start cooking is putting all of the necessary ingredients into the cooker and fiddle with a few buttons. The cooker will do the entirety of the job for you, from setting up the pressure to the cooking timer. Easy to use and super convenient, it’s hugely popular among busy parents and college students.

The fact that electric pressure cookers tend to offer a wide variety of functionalities: sautée, pressure cooking, slow-cooking, food warming etc. are further pluses.

Nonetheless, it’s not all-around goodness. Electric pressure cookers trade power and durability for convenience and efficiency. They don’t cook as fast and don’t last nearly as long as stovetop pressure cookers.

Speaking of stovetop cookers, this type of cooker isn’t automated so you’ll be manually controlling and supervising the cooking process from A to Z.

They’re great for advanced cooks who know their recipes and can execute advanced cooking techniques. Because pressure is released quicker in a stovetop cooker than an electric one, it’ll also be an excellent purchase for cooks who like to supervise and tinker with their cooker.

We don’t recommend getting a stovetop cooker if you’re a beginner or intermediate-level cook. They can be tricky to use if you don’t have the necessary skill to handle them.

Important Things to Look For While Buying a New Pressure Cooker

Spring/Float Valve

Pressure-regulating valve is an absolutely important safety component. They make sure the pressure built inside of the cooker is at a safe level and won’t cause catastrophic failures like pressure explosion.

If you’re buying a stovetop cooker, make sure that it has a spring valve. This modern valve design is less noisy and is more power efficient than old pressure valves. If it’s a best rated electric pressure cooker you’re aiming for, ensure that it has a float valve. Quiet, efficient, and it is controlled by the on-board computer, so you’ll always be safe while operating it.

Dual Pressure-Mode

Find top rated pressure cookers that offer at least a High Pressure setting and a Low Pressure setting. It will give you more versatility and allow you to flexibly prepare different recipes.

The Best Pressure Cooker Reviews

Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus Pressure Cooker

Instant Pot is among a few pressure cooker brands that has more or less solved the question of “What is the best pressure cooker?”.

Their products are technically the gold standard for pressure cookers nowadays: affordable, easy to use, capable, and reliable to boot. As a result, they have become very popular among consumers in recent years.

The Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus, aside from pressure cooking, will also give you the ability to slow cook, sous vide, steam, and sautée. It also has a yoghurt-making mode and a cake-making mode. That’s not all, though. Via the LCD screen and control panel at the front of the cooker, you can choose from 48 different cooking programs available.

Our testers and a lot of customers have also noticed that the inner pot of the Duo Evo Plus is excellent for browning. It has a handle which allows you to quickly transfer it from the pot to a stovetop.

Multiple safety mechanisms are integrated into the design, which includes a safety lock, an overheating protection mechanism, and a sealing lid.

At 8-quart, the Duo Evo Plus is positively cavernous and has more than enough capacity to prepare large-sized meals for big families.

Presto Aluminum Pressure Cooker

If it’s a stovetop pressure cooker you’re looking for, the T-Fal Clipso pressure cooker will be one of the finer choices on the market. The cooker is made from high-quality aluminum so it will be able to last for a long time. The aluminum will also ensure that the heat is distributed evenly throughout the pot while it’s cooking.

The best thing about this highest rated pressure cooker is that it is quite spacious. At 4-quart, you can fit large meat cuts into the pot with little trouble and will be able to prepare medium to large-sized meals.

The Presto cooker is dishwasher-safe and has a rubber, thermally-insulated handle for easier transportation. The cooker also has a cooking rack, which will give you the ability to prepare several different kinds of food at the same time.

Of course, because the design is so simple, the Presto cooker is very easy to use. The fact that it’s so affordable further helps its case in the eyes of thousands of customers who have had the chance to test it out by themselves.

Breville Fast Slow Pro Pressure Cooker

True to its name, the Breville Fast Slow Pro cooker is aimed towards professional cooks who want nothing but the best for their.

This top of the line pressure cooker has premium features like sensors that will automatically adjust cooking time and temperature/pressure setting based on the cooking ingredients. The cooker also has a fast - slow cooking mode as well as an automatic steam release for better safety.

The Breville coker has 11 cooking presets you can choose from the control panel at the front. But for cooks who want a more customizable experience, custom modes are there for you to pick, too. Testers and customers also love the special searing mode and sautée mode that aren’t available on other top rated pressure cookers.

Conclusion

With this pressure cooker review, we hope you have found for yourself a good pressure cooker to purchase or, at the very least, have a better idea of what you want in a top pressure cooker.

If you want to see more options, check out our other best pressure cookers in the world reviews! There are still many other excellent models waiting for you to discover on our site.
Last edited by Aidonithith on Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:33 am, edited 5 times in total.
Aidonithith

Re: Looking at yoke/rudder hardware for use with FlightGear

Postby Ysop » Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:51 am

From my experience under windows 8.1:

Saitek rudder pedals: Zero problems. Plug in and play. FGFS does the job.

Also for the Thrustmaser Flight Stick-X it was also no problem. For some changes in the button configuration help was needed by forum members and was done in a very friendly way.

For Saitek switch panel I will have to switch to Linux to make it work (apparently...), but this I wanted to do anyway.
Ysop

Version: 2020.3.18

Postby Catalanoic » Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:12 am

From my experience under windows 7 x64 with FG 2018.3.1 and saitek drivers from late 2018:
Saitek rudder pedals: Zero problems. Plug in and play. But need to preconfigure some buttons on joystick menu.
Saitek yoke and quadrant: Zero problems. Plug in and play. But need to preconfigure some buttons on joystick menu. Parking brakes (c172) button assigment dont work, only normal brakes.
Saitek Switch panel and radio: Not tested yet but tried only to install switch panel unsuccessfully. Need to investigate
Other instruments: Not tested
Catalanoic

Callsign: Catalanoic
Version: 2017.3

Postby stuart » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:45 pm

I have the Saitek Cessna set, which is pretty much identical to the Proflight set (yoke, pedals, quadrant, trim wheel). All works fine. I wrote a review of them on the wiki here: http://wiki.flightgear.org/Hardware_Review:_Saitek_Pro_Flight_Cessna_controls

I've also got the CH products pedals, quadrant and Fighter Stick. Again, all work fine out of the box.

Since I wrote the review, my setup location has changed, and I have a little less room than before. I now tend to use my CH Products equipment rather than the Saitek.

-Stuart
G-MWLX
stuart

Callsign: G-MWLX

Postby Robertfm » Fri Jun 07, 2019 11:11 pm

I read your review of the Saitek gear and most notably the trim wheel. I know that was in 2012 and you quoted $50. Has it seriously shot up in price in that time. In the UK you talking £350. Are there sites in the US where it is cheaper.

I have tried using the mixture (Quadrant) stick to control trim and whilst it works I can't get it to stabilise.
Robertfm

Callsign: RFM1
Version: 2020.3.11

Postby Isaak » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:15 am

I use the rocker switches on the yoke for pitch and rudder trim. Not so realistic in a piston engine aircraft, but it does the job and works the same in many airliners.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby Robertfm » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:26 am

I set up the one of the switches on the Quadrant but not sure they are doing anything. I will try a yoke switch. Thanks. I really don't understand why the trim wheel is so expensive compared to other items that appear more complicated like Radio etc
Robertfm

Postby V12 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:08 am

There are many very negative reviews over the internet. In the computer store I tested 2 sets saitek-yoke-system - yoke with quadrant and found same problem on both sets - unavoidable significant deadzone on pitch axix. I installed all necessary drivers in Win 7, set deadzone in that drivers to zero, but was still present. Vendor said that it is feature, not bug. I did not bought this hardware...
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Robertfm » Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:03 am

I resolved the dead zone issue after finding a fix on the net. It involves routing the two pots through a separate inter face http://www.leobodnar.com/shop/index.php ... cts_id=204 they supply cables that simply plug in with own power supply as well as the joystick interface. I guess Arduino would work also.
Robertfm

Return to Hardware