Board index FlightGear Support Tools OpenRadar

OpenRadar doesn't relay v2 packets

OpenRadar is a standalone radar screen which connects to the FlightGear multiplayer servers. It is currently being developed.

Re: OpenRadar doesn't relay v2 packets

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:45 pm

i tend to agree with Isaak... the v2 protocol will be the only MP protocol used/available in the near future... cutting losses now and switching to v2 solely would seem to be the most forward move...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Re: OpenRadar doesn't relay v2 packets

Postby wagnerw » Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:29 pm

Just to show you, how far away I am: After finding the code, I saw, that someone implemented 2017.2 already. Git blamed me myself.

Ok, well, so I am looking for the issue here. I found out first, that there is no support for the TT_BOOLARRAY yet. This is in work. But I assume, that there is another issue, as all the other properties are transmitted. To be done.

Yesterday, I had three random contacts, all using the old protocol. I think, I will keep the feature to recognize the version, parse it and and forward it to ORCAM in the same version, until the old versions disappear. So OpenRadar works for all.
wagnerw

Callsign: D-W794

Previous

Return to OpenRadar