Board index FlightGear Support Interfacing

fgpanel on raspberry pi?

Connecting two computers, using generic protocol, connecting with Matlab?

Re: fgpanel on raspberry pi?

Postby dhudach » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:05 pm

That is interesting that you couldn't get the control knobs to work. I would think that the control (from Arduino or the like) would update the property and the updated property value would be sent along to webpanel. I have an Arduino board set up to control some of my fgpanel instruments and the controls work. So I'll have to try it with webpanel. That would be a monkey wrench in the plans for sure.
Flight Instruction Elevator Control: pull back = houses get smaller, push forward = houses get bigger.
dhudach

Postby Alant » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:11 pm

Most likely the problem with phi was my lack of modern HTML JSON etc expertise. I am convinced that it should be possible, but a younger head is needed - mine is becoming fossilized. ;)
Alan
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: latest Git

Postby dhudach » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:16 pm

I understand. I hate it when that happens. I'm retired and this is a great project for me. Luckily I was a software developer at my job .... but the technology, methods and languages moved way too fast for me. I've been able to keep up only because I kind of understand the concepts and kind of 'how things seem to work.'
Flight Instruction Elevator Control: pull back = houses get smaller, push forward = houses get bigger.
dhudach

Postby Alant » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:35 pm

Exactly the same. For me Flightgear is a means of keeping my brain active, as well as my interest in flight simulation. - much better than watching soap operas on the TV.
Alan
Alant

Callsign: Tarnish99
Version: latest Git

Postby dhudach » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:41 pm

I agree !!
dhudach

Postby wkitty42 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:26 am

looks like the three of us are in the same boat :)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby dhudach » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:07 am

Cool!!
dhudach

Previous

Return to Interfacing