Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft Liveries

Uploading liveries

Discussion of aircraft textures and liveries

Uploading liveries

Postby iGabriel » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:47 am

I like to make liveries that are not available for flightgear and i have alot of them. 3 Months ago i sent a livery to liveries.flightgear.org with the right size, format, xml and in a zipped file. I still have no reply.
Do they still accept new liveries?
Fokker 50
iGabriel

Callsign: 03-GVB

Re: Uploading liveries

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:52 pm

i forget who handles the liveries over there... maybe poke gijs and see if he knows?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Gijs » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:53 am

Hi Gabriel,

The livery database hasn't been updated for a while, but everything that's been submitted in the mean time has been saved, so it's not lost.

I've been thinking about moving all the liveries either to the respective aircraft folders in FGaddon (so all liveries come installed with the aircraft) or to come up with a livery download option in the launcher. The first option is already used by many aircraft developers, as it gives them much more control to make sure that the liveries actually match the aircraft model. The latter option obviously requires quite a bit of work. There's also a downside to the first option, as it leads to (considerably) bigger initial downloads for everyone who installs an aircraft.

It'd be nice to know what the community prefers.

Gijs
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Postby iGabriel » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:28 pm

Thanks for telling me! So every livery we upload will get saved
Fokker 50
iGabriel

Postby Isaak » Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:37 pm

Hi iGabriel, if you would have designed liveries for the 777, feel free to give me a download link, I 'll include them in the FGaddon 777.

@Gijs: I prefer to include them with the base aircraft in FGaddon, I think it's most convenient for the users, but I do get your point on download size.
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby iGabriel » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:37 pm

This is going to sound very wrong. I actually made an United Airlines Battleship grey livery on the 777-300. They never had that livery. I wasted my time. :?
Fokker 50
iGabriel

Postby Gijs » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:09 am

Isaak wrote in Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:37 pm:I prefer to include them with the base aircraft in FGaddon, I think it's most convenient for the users, but I do get your point on download size.

For the 777 for example this would add some 100 MB (unzipped) if I recall correctly. That's a 40% increase.
Anyhow, it's certainly something to consider. All it needs is someone to test whether the liveries still work with the current aircraft and then we can simply add them to FGAddon.
Airports: EHAM, EHLE, KSFO
Aircraft: 747-400
Gijs

Callsign: PH-GYS
Version: Git

Return to Liveries