Board index FlightGear Multiplayer events

EDDF-Triangle

Virtual fly-ins, fun flies, competitions, and other group events. Find out details of upcoming events, register for competitions, or organize your own tour of a favorite location.

Re: EDDF-Triangle

Postby tdammers » Mon May 13, 2019 7:06 am

jomo wrote in Sun May 12, 2019 6:47 pm:Let us try something different:
I will not set a fixed location any more, but use for every event a different location. To know which location it is a certain day you can look into the MPmap and search for jo.... (eg." jo1LSZH", "jo1EDDK", .. .). Of course he could now try to use similar IDs, so look for 2 IDs like e.g. jo1EDDF + jo2EDDF for my 2 PCs !

At this point you're basically reinventing authentication, the very thing you have been arguing against so violently in the past. Might as well do it properly.
tdammers

Callsign: NL256
IRC name: nl256

Postby FED-EX » Mon May 13, 2019 7:27 am

AAL545 wrote in Mon May 13, 2019 5:19 am:I have an idea, Jomo is on as ATC on Wednesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday,
that leaves Monday, Tuesday and Thursday for whoever wants to ATC at EDDF, why don't you, whoever you are, (lately you are called an idiot) ATC on those days and prove yourself.
My guess is you are a coward and won't come out from the bush you are hiding.
Personally I think your mama dressed you funny and dropped you on the head when you were a baby.

AAL4955

That would have been the obvious. Also, to "draw people to his side" who may not agree with Jomo's behavior (?). He had suggested something.

If it had been this way, the pilots would have agreed with their flight days, but so? So he is and remains just a destructive idiot who will soon lose his appetite.
THE WORLD ON TIME.
FED-EX

Callsign: FDX-98
Version: 2018.3.2

Postby FED-EX » Mon May 13, 2019 7:32 am

Another possibility would have been to split Ground and Tower. It could have been something big. There are so many airports! EDDS, EDDN, EDDM, EDDB. These little jumps from EDDF there would have been great.

Maybe he'll come to his senses and realize that he has lost his temper.
THE WORLD ON TIME.
FED-EX

Postby LH-1701 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:51 am

Hi everyone,

At the moment flying from or to EDDF doesn't make fun, but not because of jomo!

Jomo, if you would leave EDDF for different locations, it feels like a victory for this troll.

My suggestion: Stay at EDDF and the other ATC can take over at another time or airport.
And if he will continue trolling we will ignore him.

reguards

Tobias (LH Cargo 1701)
#ISupportJomo
LH-1701

Callsign: LH-1701

Postby daweed » Mon May 13, 2019 10:44 am

totally agree with LH-1701, leaving Frankfurt will be a sign a resign from Jomo and a smell of victory for this idiot guy.
If main devs could think to add a way to secure ID, i think it's now time to implement this features in view of what is happening now and the loose way implemented to discredit Jomo

Daweed
ATC at LFLL
Last edited by Johan G on Mon May 13, 2019 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please refrain from quoting the entire previous post. It is right above yours.
Windows 10 / Linux Mint 20
AMD Ryzen 7 3700X |32 Go RAM GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8 Go
FG Interface
Lyon Saint Exupery Scenery

ATC on LFLL on Friday 19:00 UTC => 22:00 UTC
daweed

Callsign: daweed

Postby LH-1701 » Mon May 13, 2019 1:06 pm

Daweed, thx for agreeing!

The problem with other locations is also that this troll can follow easily and fake UIDs again, so the problem will may persist no matter of the airport we are using.
As long as it's not possible to secure a UID in FG there's in my eyes only the option to ignore this troll and every of his followers, if we want to stay at EDDF.
May it would be an idea to leave the text chat away and switch to mumble completely, as long as this problem persists?
Reason: In mumble you can secure UIDs and knock users out of a channel.

Jomo, if you plan to use other airports, please write details at flightgear-atc.alwaysdata.net because its essential especially for the planning of long-haul flights.

reguards,

Tobias (LH Cargo 1701)
#ISupportJomo
LH-1701

Postby J Maverick 16 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:00 pm

Am I reading something historic here? No way Jomo is forced to leave EDDF because a damn a*****e spoils his ATC events.
Despite being rather busy which forced me to kind of abandon flying airliners (mainly to EDDF) I can't see this happening. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not because of this. Period.

#ISupportJomo

Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby FED-EX » Mon May 13, 2019 4:34 pm

J Maverick 16 wrote in Mon May 13, 2019 3:00 pm:
#ISupportJomo

This will be my signature for a while
THE WORLD ON TIME.
FED-EX

Postby jomo » Mon May 13, 2019 7:06 pm

support "jomo"
Thank you guys - that helps my soul very very much --> Thank you All!
I never realized that there are so many people really liking my ATCing!!

[b]The big big problem is:[/b] How can I let You know who is ATCing - if you cannot trust the UID? e.g. When did you guys notice that my UID was hijacked?
The solutions: "Mumble" was also my first thought, but that would mean we had only 20% of today's business - and that freak 80%!! Because You never will be able to get all FGFS onto mumble (FGCOM, kids, girls, first visitors, etc.). Another possibility is to open EDDF before he logs in - but that did already end in a race of who logs in first? Actually I would have to stay logged in with 2 PC's forever! e.t.c.

Thus the only solution I can find is to make sure he does not know the UID that I will login for that session ahead of time! So my idea was to have an ID that he cannot fake in advance - but still can be easily identified as mine! My idea is what i tried to explain before: Keep one part as an JOMO-identifier (jo1 + jo2) and add a variable part (the location to be -LTB (e.g. "jo1XXXX"). And make sure that LTB is only known after I logged in and am ready for your appearance! Thus the LTB can easily be spotted across the world in MP (anyhow used by everybody). I believe that could even be a nice idea for you - getting to know different locations. I see only 1 problem: Pre-filed Flightplans! Does anybody see further problems and or solutions?

Some further points I tried to consider:
* "find his IP and block it" -- that would be marginal because of technical and legal and cost reasons!
* "Split usage per days" -- As he stated: "My mission is to free EDDF from the old man"! And I will not accept that he continues to use my good name for his unacceptable and criminal doings!
* "Using authentication" -- you are right: I was against it by thinking about kids and newbies etc. -- and even I try to avoid to join a new group if they request "register" first! That idiot forced me to revisit that!
* "His victory if I leave EDDF" -- I will not change the topic "EDDF-Triangle" nor my love for EDDF. But I will not be depend on such a guy. And changing locations could always mean from EDDF to EDDF - if we are sure that that idiot is old enough to notice: unique UID and EDDF is not important for becoming a respectable person!
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Postby J Maverick 16 » Mon May 13, 2019 8:14 pm

jomo wrote in Mon May 13, 2019 7:06 pm:The big big problem is: How can I let You know who is ATCing - if you cannot trust the UID? e.g. When did you guys notice that my UID was hijacked?
The solutions: "Mumble" was also my first thought, but that would mean we had only 20% of today's business - and that freak 80%!! Because You never will be able to get all FGFS onto mumble (FGCOM, kids, girls, first visitors, etc.). Another possibility is to open EDDF before he logs in - but that did already end in a race of who logs in first? Actually I would have to stay logged in with 2 PC's forever! e.t.c.

Did you consider Discord? The FlightGear server has almost 400 users and used a lot also for event coordination which includes dedicated ATC voice+chat channels for example. It would be a good way for reaching a larger crowd for you and also help others reach to you easily IMO. I can send you an invite link via PM in case you decide to try it out ;) .
Regards, Mav
Breakin' the sound barrier every day!

Scenery designer, basic livery maker, aircraft developer (KC-137R, F-16, A330, C-32J, MH-60)
Flying with Thrustmaster FCS Flight Pack + MFD Cougar
Aviation media on IG at: @j_maverick16.aviation
J Maverick 16

Callsign: J-Mav16
Version: 2020.3.19

Postby AAL545 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:12 am

Jomo I agree with others here that you should stay at EDDF if that's where you want to be. You have my support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
* "find his IP and block it" -- that would be marginal because of technical and legal and cost reasons!

Yes that is true. I spoke with someone who I have been dealing with for over 10 years now and this person is a reseller of one of the biggest IT security firms in the world and confirmed yes it is hard to track someone but, BUT
not impossible; more importantly if this person (troll/ idiot) has hacked a personal pc or server and has stolen info or used someone's user name or password that is a crime and the law will not care weather this is a game or a bank account, cyber crime is cyber crime...

AAL4955
AAL545

Postby LH-1701 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:42 am

FED-EX wrote in Mon May 13, 2019 4:34 pm:
J Maverick 16 wrote in Mon May 13, 2019 3:00 pm:
#ISupportJomo

This will be my signature for a while

+1
#ISupportJomo
LH-1701

Postby FED-EX » Tue May 14, 2019 7:53 am

I am also not sure if Jomo's computer was hacked or just the user ID in Flightgear was abused. That is an important difference.

@Jomo: I think it's pretty easy to see who's behind the active ATC in EDDF. I've noticed that the last time pretty fast, not only because he insults me to be a bad pilot (of course this is true).

For all active MP players it's easy, it's just about those who are new to the game and uninformed about this case. You would have to convince live by addressing directly after the join.

We must fight this fight if Jomo and his ATC service are important to us.

When I have landed, I am ready to park my plane and alert people in the chat dialogue. Even for weeks. I accompany them in the decision and explain in detail what it is about. Then Jomo can focus on his activity and does not have to constantly fight against the troll in the chat. The users would then have to click on the "Ignore" button to disable the annoying chat tirades of the troll.
THE WORLD ON TIME.
FED-EX

Postby LH-1701 » Tue May 14, 2019 7:58 am

@AAL545/FED-EX: He didn't hack jomo's account or computer. Thats simply not neccessary.
He simple took the same or a similar UID and entered flightgear MP.
Thats possible because this environment is not secured, and you can't secure a UID (for ex. with a password).
So this is just a UID NOT an user account.
So unfortunately there's no criminal doing, because he nerves but he didn't steal any account data or took over an account ;(

Thus the only solution I can find is to make sure he does not know the UID that I will login for that session ahead of time! So my idea was to have an ID that he cannot fake in advance - but still can be easily identified as mine! My idea is what i tried to explain before: Keep one part as an JOMO-identifier (jo1 + jo2) and add a variable part (the location to be -LTB (e.g. "jo1XXXX"). And make sure that LTB is only known after I logged in and am ready for your appearance! Thus the LTB can easily be spotted across the world in MP (anyhow used by everybody). I believe that could even be a nice idea for you - getting to know different locations. I see only 1 problem: Pre-filed Flightplans! Does anybody see further problems and or solutions?

Every ID can be faked.
What helds him from starting the same behaviour at another location?
In the moment where we (and he) can identify you, for ex. by this "jo1" + "jo2" he can simple wait until you have logged in at some location and then take a similar ID on the same location where you are, as he did in EDDF. So trouble will start again.
I agree with "FED-EX", its pretty easy to figure out, who is who

But there's one thing we can do: Trolls live from feeding them. So lets just ignore him and everyone following him.
=Don't feed the troll!

reguards

Tobias (LH-1701)
#ISupportJomo
LH-1701

Postby FED-EX » Tue May 14, 2019 9:28 am

No, that´s not correct. If Jomo is first on this day, his UID will be EDDFjom and the other can't use it. Or am I wrong? I go mostly at 19:30 o'clock online and the troll is either already there or comes in pretty quickly. As Jomo said, he needs to be online 24 hours a day to prevent the troll from using his UID. This is of course silly. Jomo should just come online and use a different UID. By the text and the behavior I recognize well who is who. And if necessary, Mumble helps to identify. (If the troll tries to be decent).

And as I said, we have to fight this fight and, and as you @LH-1701 rightly said, stop feeding the troll.
THE WORLD ON TIME.
FED-EX

PreviousNext

Return to Multiplayer events