Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Re: Announcing NEW Boeing 777 'Seattle' - Pre-Release

Postby Isaak » Fri May 03, 2019 10:44 pm

I'll take a look at them. There's also a small bug when scrolling down past a whole number using the decimal button (the whole number changes too soon). Again something new for me to look into, but that thrives me forward :-)
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby Octal450 » Sat May 04, 2019 6:37 pm

I just updated the Roll and Yaw axis' slightly to behavebetter.

In addition, roll now returns to 30deg instead of 35deg when bank angle protection kicks in 35deg. You can interrupt it when less than 35 and more than 30, by moving the wheel though, and it will then stay as long as its less than 35 deg, just like before the protection kicks in.

I also add the optional trim ref speed marker:
Enable from the FBW Settings marker, that setting is persistent between sessions. The bug also automatically hides if the C*U law is not active (A/P is on, or PFC off, or on ground). Note that the A/P still controls the C*U law, but the U part is removed, and the law acts like a C* law when the A/P is on (as U part would wreck havoc on the A/P)

In GIT now. Should be in FGaddon today or tomorrow.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations
Aircraft: A320-family, MD-11, MD-80, Contribs in a few others

Octal450's GitHub|Launcher Catalog
|Airbus Dev Discord|Octal450 Hangar Dev Discord
Octal450

Callsign: WTF411

Postby Isaak » Sat May 04, 2019 8:54 pm

Thanks a ton, Josh! This looks fantastic! I'll give it a go tomorrow, but feel free to commit, I have all faith in your skills ;-)
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Postby Octal450 » Sat May 04, 2019 11:47 pm

Oh, and forgot to mention the trim handler now takes from mouse yoke scroll wheel, to the trim ref as well.

Will commit once I'm confident in these new changes.

Kind Regards,
Josh
Skillset: JSBsim Flight Dynamics, Systems, Canvas, Autoflight/Control, Instrumentation, Animations

Octal450

Postby Isaak » Sun May 05, 2019 9:45 am

I just tested. All seems to work as expected. The FBW indicator is a very nice addition. Also the roll protection feels very good and behaves as described. Nice work!
Isaak

Postby Isaak » Sun May 05, 2019 11:33 am

legoboyvdlp wrote in Fri May 03, 2019 7:51 pm:Possible bug - the comm radios seem to scroll infinitely?

This has been fixed now, along with correct readings of the LED displays (there was a rounding error). The range is now limited between 108.000 and 136.000 Mhz, the frequencies alocated for nav (108.0 - 117.950) and com (118.0 - 136.0) communications. (See here). I left the nav frequencies in because IRL when a comm failure occurs, ATC sometimes broadcasts over VOR/ILS frequencies to regain contact with the craft. Also, some airports broadcast ATIS over a VOR channel.

I also made a small fix in the AP panel: when flying at a selected Mach, some mach numbers gave wrong readouts, also related to a rounding error.
Isaak

Postby Octal450 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:19 pm

Rebased, and uploaded my GIT into FGAddon :)
Enjoy,
Josh

Octal450

Postby Isaak » Mon May 13, 2019 5:47 am

Thanks Josh!
Isaak

Postby Octal450 » Mon May 13, 2019 2:54 pm

You're welcome!
Let me know if you have any concerns

Kind Regards,
Josh

Octal450

Postby Isaak » Mon May 13, 2019 3:10 pm

Currently flying from KLAS to EHAM, until now (between Greenland and Iceland) I didn't encounter any bug. The fbw-system is a joy to fly!
Isaak

Postby Octal450 » Mon May 13, 2019 7:51 pm

I am very glad to hear that!

Kind Regards,
Josh

Octal450

Postby V12 » Tue May 14, 2019 6:47 pm

Insane slowly download from launcher :(
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby V12 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:23 am

I tested this new version. It is very big step forward from previous, but pitch control is not very precise, I make nose up input, plane rising the nose, then I move stick to the neutral position, but nose is still rising about half second and then drop 1 or 2 degree down. Is it known and unavoidable YASIM pitch bug ? Roll is perfect. Brake efficiency is too high, plane can stop from 180 kts on 700 meters, with reversers stop on 450 - 500 meters.
Last edited by V12 on Wed May 15, 2019 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Octal450 » Wed May 15, 2019 5:31 am

Then you aren't testing the new version.

Remember that this is NOT an Airbus FBW and requires you to "trim" it when airspeed changes.

See if you have an 777-fbw.xml in Systems, if so, you have right version.

Because YASim is honestly terrible, I had to sacrifice rough input stability for "normal" stability. Hence under normal piloting conditions it flies correct, but may under certain conditions have slight bounceback if flying rough.

Re: re half a second -- due to inetia. The FBW isn't perfect, it won't stop the motion instantly, that would be uncomfortable for passengers and feel like a lurch, (I tested the PMDG 777, it doesn't do that neither), half a second is fine.

Kind Regards,
Josh

Octal450

Postby Isaak » Wed May 15, 2019 6:59 am

Regarding the brake efficiency: I modified the brakes based on real life video footage of RTO's and normal landings. Are you sure that you're using the latest FGaddon version as Josh asked? Also keep in mind that IRL pilots will never brake manually for a rejected takeoff or landing before the autobrakes have slowed the plane down to a safe speed. I did my tests with the autobrakes in RTO detent (for rejected takeoffs) and max detent for landings. E.g. on my last landing with the 300ER, with a landing weight of about 530k Lbs and autobrakes on '2', I required almost the full runway 01R at KLAS to be able to exit the runway safely. So I do think you're either braking full manually, which RL pilots would never do to avoid skidding, burning the brakes and/or blowing some tires, or you're not using the latest version. But if I made a mistake in my timing, please do tell me, I'll be happy to correct.
Isaak

PreviousNext

Return to Aircraft