Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

download_and_compile script can't find readwav.hxx

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

download_and_compile script can't find readwav.hxx

Postby dhudach » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:35 pm

Ok. I have never used the download_and_compile.sh script until today. The goal is to build SIMGEAR then FGFS. So the line in the script looks like this: WHATTOBUILDALL=(SIMGEAR FGFS)

It seems to build simgear fine. It then starts building fgfs. Things seem to be looking good, then I get this:

[ 43%] Built target buildId
[ 43%] Automatic MOC for target fgfs
[ 43%] Built target fgfs_autogen
[ 43%] Building CXX object src/Main/CMakeFiles/fgfs.dir/__/Sound/VoiceSynthesizer.cxx.o
/home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SCRIPTS/flightgear/src/Sound/VoiceSynthesizer.cxx:24:37: fatal error: simgear/sound/readwav.hxx: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
src/Main/CMakeFiles/fgfs.dir/build.make:3827: recipe for target 'src/Main/CMakeFiles/fgfs.dir/__/Sound/VoiceSynthesizer.cxx.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/Main/CMakeFiles/fgfs.dir/__/Sound/VoiceSynthesizer.cxx.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:2137: recipe for target 'src/Main/CMakeFiles/fgfs.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/Main/CMakeFiles/fgfs.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:162: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
All optional package alternatives have found a matching package.

download_and_compile.sh has finished to work.

So the relevant error is that readwav.hxx file is not found. But it is clearly found in the simgear structure:

find . -name readwav.hxx -exec ls -l {} \;
-rw-rw-r-- 1 dhudach dhudach 496 Apr 20 12:51 ./simgear/simgear/sound/readwav.hxx

The download_and_compile.sh script is in a directory and I'm simply running it ./download_and_compile.sh. The following directories are created:

build, flightgear, install, simgear

My understanding from what I've read is that the download_and_compile script should build flightgear. What am I missing here?

Before I tried the script with SIMGEAR and FGFS, I just did SIMGEAR and it worked fine. Ok, maybe I thought that perhaps with simgear built, I can edit the script and just build FGFS. But it choked as above on the missing readwav.hxx file. So I surmised that the script needs to do both together. So I then removed all of the build folders and started over with SIMGEAR, FGFS in the script. And I still got the readwav.hxx missing file.

I am not including DATA in the script. I tried that about 4 times and I kept getting disconnected during the download. I had already downloaded fgdata tar file a few days ago so I figured since it's data only, it's really not needed to compile.

How do I resolve the missing readwav.hxx file even though it really is there? In other words, Since simgear has been built, how do I use the script to download and compile fgfs and make sure it properly references the simgear files?
Flight Instruction Elevator Control: pull back = houses get smaller, push forward = houses get bigger.
dhudach

Re: download_and_compile script can't find readwav.hxx

Postby ORZMUD » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:13 am

Add the following command line argument while executing download_and_compile.sh, it will help to properly clone the fgdata repo:

--git-clone-default-proto=git

Regards,
ORZMUD

Callsign: ORZMUD
Version: 2019.2.0

Postby dhudach » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:33 am

Will that solve the readwav.hxx error when simgear finishes building and flightgear begins. I already have the fgdata.tar archive file. And if the download script is only going to download and install them, I don't want to try that. In other words, will that fix the readwav.hxx error in the flightgear build?

Thanks,
Dave
Flight Instruction Elevator Control: pull back = houses get smaller, push forward = houses get bigger.
dhudach

Postby ORZMUD » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:09 pm

I just did compile everything from scratch right know and have not seen the error you mentioned.
Not sure what is wrong the download packages you have, but if you're up to the task to try the argument, I'm sure you'll get a different result.

Regards,
ORZMUD

Postby rominet » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:03 am

The root problem has normally been fixed in SG commit dd38e399c, though I don't have AeonWave installed to test it (you need both -DUSE_AEONWAVE=ON for SG and -DENABLE_FLITE=ON for FG to confirm).

@ORZMUD

The 'git://' protocol is neither encrypted nor authenticated; you may want to have a look here for another way to get FGData (in short: clone it with ssh, update it with https). This will probably be moved to Scripted_Compilation_on_Linux_Debian/Ubuntu eventually, but for now I've only had the time to fix outdated things in that page, and point here when I know the given instructions won't work.
rominet

Callsign: F-KATS
Version: Git next

Postby ORZMUD » Thu May 02, 2019 2:35 pm

Thanks @rominet for the update!

Regards,
ORZMUD

Postby rominet » Thu May 02, 2019 9:40 pm

Thanks. All the “operational content” has now been moved to the Scripted_Compilation_on_Linux_Debian/Ubuntu page of the FG wiki. There is still a little overlap and awkward structure between the Task-specific instructions and Options sections, but all in all, I think the page should be largely usable now.

There are two little remaining sections for which I can't really say if they are still relevant nowadays:
  • Optimus technology (I have no experience with NVidia);
  • Remove warning message for DDS files (a priori, I don't like the idea very much, but I don't work on textures and maybe the advice is “vital” for some people...).
rominet

Callsign: F-KATS
Version: Git next

Return to Compiling