Board index FlightGear Support Compiling

SimGear simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/T

Building FlightGear from source, and in the need for help?

SimGear simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/T

Postby dhudach » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:05 am

I am running linux Mint. I decided to build Flight Gear because fgpanel terminated when I tried to run it on my laptop with a GLSL version error. From the flightgear download page I downloaded flightgear-2018.3.2.tar.bz2, FlightGear-2018.3.2.tar.bz2 and simgear-2018.3.2.tar.bz2. After battling some of the dependency issues, I think I've got them built and installed. So I think I'm getting close. I'm trying to build (make) simgear. I've run cmake and now It's terminating with the following when I run make. I have a build directory, so my cmake command from the build directory is cmake ../simgear-2018.3.2. Again these are the last few lines from 'make' :

Code: Select all
/usr/local/include/osgDB/ReaderWriter:129:29: note: candidate: osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult& osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult::operator=(const osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult&)
                 ReadResult& operator = (const ReadResult& rr) { if (this==&rr) return *this; _status=rr._status; _message=rr._me
                             ^
/usr/local/include/osgDB/ReaderWriter:129:29: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘osg::ref_ptr<osg::Image>’ to ‘const osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult&’
/home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx:615:16: error: no match for ‘operator=’ (operand types are ‘osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult’ and ‘osg::ref_ptr<osg::Image>’)
         result = osgDB::readRefImageFile(_tuple.get<5>(), options);
                ^
In file included from /usr/local/include/osgDB/Registry:24:0,
                 from /home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/EffectBuilder.hxx:30,
                 from /home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.hxx:22,
                 from /home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx:21:
/usr/local/include/osgDB/ReaderWriter:129:29: note: candidate: osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult& osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult::operator=(const osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult&)
                 ReadResult& operator = (const ReadResult& rr) { if (this==&rr) return *this; _status=rr._status; _message=rr._me
                             ^
/usr/local/include/osgDB/ReaderWriter:129:29: note:   no known conversion for argument 1 from ‘osg::ref_ptr<osg::Image>’ to ‘const osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult&’
/home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx:639:16: error: no match for ‘operator=’ (operand types are ‘osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult’ and ‘osg::ref_ptr<osg::Image>’)
         result = osgDB::readRefImageFile(texname, options);
                ^
                 from /home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/EffectBuilder.hxx:30,
                 from /home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.hxx:22,
                 from /home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx:21:
                             ^
simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/build.make:673: recipe for target 'simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx.o' failed
make[2]: *** [simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1148: recipe for target 'simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:162: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

I did some initial searching on Google and a suggestion was to put #include <osg/Version> into TextureBuilder.cxx but it didn't solve the problem.

I didn't want to include all of the warnings ahead. I can rebuild and send the entire build output if you need it. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave
Last edited by Johan G on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding [code] tags
Flight Instruction Elevator Control: pull back = houses get smaller, push forward = houses get bigger.
dhudach

Re: SimGear simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/materi

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:35 am

yeah, i think the initial errors are what we need to see... the rest coming after are cascades...

do you have the dev libraries for OSG installed and is your cmake finding them when you reconfigure?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby dhudach » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:01 pm

Thanks for responding. I don't see a place where I can attach a text file so I'll post the relevant simgear "make" output after I write. As far as OSG, I originally built and installed this version: OpenSceneGraph3.6.3 but I found that this most recent version wasn't compatible. So I downloaded built and installed OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0. I'm not sure what you mean about dev libraries, but if you mean C source files, I see a lot of C source files in /usr/local/include directories osg, osgAnimation,osgDB,osgFX,osgGA,osgManipulator,osgParticle,osgPresentation,osgQt,osgShadow,osgSim,osgTerrain,osgText,osgUI,osgUtil,osgViewer,osgVolume,osgWidget. I'm not sure what you mean when you ask: is your cmake finding them when you reconfigure?

Note that after I installed 3.6.3 and found I needed to install 3.4.0, I didn't remove the osg directories and files of 3.6.3 from /usr/local/include. I assumed that sudo make install would properly overwrite. Possibly I need to uninstall 3.6.3 then build and install 3.4.0. But I will wait until you take a look at the output below. Thanks again.

Here is the output from make the last few successful steps followed by all of the errors:
Code: Select all
[ 51%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/canvas/ODGauge.cxx.o
[ 52%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/canvas/VGInitOperation.cxx.o
[ 52%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/environment/metar.cxx.o
[ 52%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/environment/precipitation.cxx.o
[ 52%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/screen/extensions.cxx.o
[ 53%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/screen/screen-dump.cxx.o
[ 53%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/screen/tr.cxx.o
[ 53%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/Effect.cxx.o
[ 53%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/EffectBuilder.cxx.o
[ 54%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/EffectCullVisitor.cxx.o
[ 54%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/EffectGeode.cxx.o
[ 54%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/Pass.cxx.o
[ 55%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/Technique.cxx.o
[ 55%] Building CXX object simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx.o
/home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx: In function ‘bool simgear::{anonymous}::setAttrs(const TexTuple&, osg::Texture*, const simgear::SGReaderWriterOptions*)’:
/home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx:262:12: error: no match for ‘operator=’ (operand types are ‘osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult’ and ‘osg::ref_ptr<osg::Image>’)
     result = osgDB::readRefImageFile(imageName, options);
            ^
                             ^
/home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx: In member function ‘virtual osg::Texture* simgear::CubeMapBuilder::build(simgear::Effect*, simgear::Pass*, const SGPropertyNode*, const simgear::SGReaderWriterOptions*)’:
/home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx:595:16: error: no match for ‘operator=’ (operand types are ‘osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult’ and ‘osg::ref_ptr<osg::Image>’)
         result = osgDB::readRefImageFile(_tuple.get<1>(), options);
                ^
                             ^
/home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx:600:16: error: no match for ‘operator=’ (operand types are ‘osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult’ and ‘osg::ref_ptr<osg::Image>’)
         result = osgDB::readRefImageFile(_tuple.get<2>(), options);
                ^
                             ^
/home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx:605:16: error: no match for ‘operator=’ (operand types are ‘osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult’ and ‘osg::ref_ptr<osg::Image>’)
         result = osgDB::readRefImageFile(_tuple.get<3>(), options);
                ^
                             ^
/home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx:610:16: error: no match for ‘operator=’ (operand types are ‘osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult’ and ‘osg::ref_ptr<osg::Image>’)
         result = osgDB::readRefImageFile(_tuple.get<4>(), options);
                ^
                             ^
/home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx:615:16: error: no match for ‘operator=’ (operand types are ‘osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult’ and ‘osg::ref_ptr<osg::Image>’)
         result = osgDB::readRefImageFile(_tuple.get<5>(), options);
                ^
                             ^
/home/dhudach/projects/fg/src/SIMGEAR/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear-2018.3.2/simgear/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx:639:16: error: no match for ‘operator=’ (operand types are ‘osgDB::ReaderWriter::ReadResult’ and ‘osg::ref_ptr<osg::Image>’)
         result = osgDB::readRefImageFile(texname, options);
                ^
                             ^
simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/build.make:673: recipe for target 'simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx.o' failed
make[2]: *** [simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/scene/material/TextureBuilder.cxx.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1148: recipe for target 'simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [simgear/CMakeFiles/SimGearScene.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:162: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
Last edited by Johan G on Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding [code] tags
Flight Instruction Elevator Control: pull back = houses get smaller, push forward = houses get bigger.
dhudach

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:12 pm

dhudach wrote in Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:01 pm:Thanks for responding. I don't see a place where I can attach a text file

you use a site like pastebin and then post the link here ;)

dhudach wrote in Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:01 pm:so I'll post the relevant simgear "make" output after I write. As far as OSG, I originally built and installed this version: OpenSceneGraph3.6.3 but I found that this most recent version wasn't compatible. So I downloaded built and installed OpenSceneGraph-3.4.0.

i'm building OSG 3.4.2 over here on kubuntu 14.04 and 18.04...

dhudach wrote in Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:01 pm:I'm not sure what you mean about dev libraries, but if you mean C source files

yeah, i guess that'll work...

dhudach wrote in Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:01 pm:I'm not sure what you mean when you ask: is your cmake finding them when you reconfigure?

does it log find the the files it is looking for when it looks for the OSG stuff...

dhudach wrote in Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:01 pm:Note that after I installed 3.6.3 and found I needed to install 3.4.0, I didn't remove the osg directories and files of 3.6.3 from /usr/local/include. I assumed that sudo make install would properly overwrite. Possibly I need to uninstall 3.6.3 then build and install 3.4.0. But I will wait until you take a look at the output below. Thanks again.

yeah, i don't know, really... it is a little bit further out of my bailwick than i hoped for... might be better if you join and post this on the FG developer's mailing list... i'm not that good with C/C++ and this is a tad deeper than i go... they work with it all the time so would be better able to provide assistance... i just use the dnc script (download_and_compile.sh) and tell it to do PLIB, OSG, SG and FG... if it breaks, i post to the list about it and there's generally a fix inbound shortly...

the link to the mailing lists is at the top of each page on these forums ;)
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby dhudach » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:18 pm

Where do I find the developer's mailing list? I have seen posts about the download_and_compile.sh script but I don't know where to find it or how to get it? Do you know where I can get it?

Thanks for looking into this. I'll follow up with the developers mailing list once I know how to find it.
dhudach

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:20 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:12 pm:the link to the mailing lists is at the top of each page on these forums ;)
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby dhudach » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:22 pm

Thanks. Oh, I found the download_and_compile.sh script. Since I've downloaded and installed most of the packages, I'll wait until I see what I get from the developer list on the SimGear issue.

Thanks again,
Dave
dhudach

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:26 pm

yeah, i made a directory and ran the dnc script in there... it set up everything in a private build and install environment... i don't install to my systems areas... if someone else want to do FG on their account, i'll have to figure out how to adjust things for a more general system wide installation...

on the simgear issue, yeah, it is looking for something from OSG... i don't know what, though...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby dhudach » Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Ok, what is the link for the developer mailing lists. I see members, board index but I'm honestly at a loss where to hit the developer mailing list.

Thanks,
Dave
dhudach

Postby wkitty42 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:01 pm

very top of the page... above the picture logo graphic... 3rd star from the left and fly on until morning...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Return to Compiling