Board index FlightGear Support Flying

Copy and Paste a route

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Copy and Paste a route

Postby AugTop » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:12 am

Hello,
I have a silly question but I haven't been able to find it for several days.
I would like to copy/paste a route in this form:
Code: Select all
LFBD SID SAU UL127 ROVOT UY373 ABLAK STAR LFMN
in the route manager.
I tried with Ctrl+c and Ctrl+v but I still haven't found out if it was possible in FlightGear.
Thank you for your help :)
AugTop

Re: Copy and Paste a route

Postby Isaak » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:24 am

The Route Manager can't accept these strings. It's better to insert this route in www.skyvector.com and download it as a .gpx flight plan, which you can import via the "load" button in the Route Manager. Don't include the SID and STAR strings though, as SID will include the VOR SID ;)
Want to support medical research with your pc? Start Folding at Home and join team FlightGear!
Isaak

Pronouns: he, him
Callsign: OO-ISA
Version: next

Postby AugTop » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:36 am

Thank you for your quick answer,
As a result, it is impossible to include these strings in the route manager but is it possible to copy/paste a METAR for example or FlightGear refuses all strings ?
AugTop

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:06 pm

some boxes allow copy and others allow paste... not all can do either... i don't think METAR can be pasted, either...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby V12 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:46 am

Route manager is workaround for non exists FMC or INS in all aircrafts that IRL have that hardware. You need enter all waypoints manually, but You can enter more wpts separated by space into box under wpt list, but without Copy/Paste.
Fly high, fly fast - fly Concorde !
V12

Callsign: BAWV12

Postby Hooray » Sat May 04, 2019 1:40 pm

note that this would be really simple to implement though - we do have copy/paste support via fgcommands/Nasal IIRC - so you can simply add corresponding buttons to the dialogs in question, and re-map them to use a tiny bit of Nasal to parse/process and populate the route manager/METAR dialog accordingly.

Refer to the Nasal console to see how clipboard handling currently works - it should not take more than 50 lines of code to generalize this to process arbitrary routes/METAR and support copy/paste in those dialogs, it's not complicated to do
Please don't send support requests by PM, instead post your questions on the forum so that all users can contribute and benefit
Thanks & all the best,
Hooray
Help write next month's newsletter !
pui2canvas | MapStructure | Canvas Development | Programming resources
Hooray

Pronouns: THOU

Return to Flying