Board index FlightGear Support Flying

navion adf and compass cards

Controlling your aircraft, using the autopilot etc.

Re: navion adf and compass cards

Postby wlbragg » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:02 pm

Sorry @dilbert I missed @WoodSTokk solution. That explains my confusion as well as to why it wasn't available in the property tree.

Good deal, I actually like this aircraft and wish I had time to add some eye candy and ALS features to it.
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Postby WoodSTokk » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:46 pm

@wlbragg: that would be nice! I saw this aircraft the first time now only for investigation, but i must say its a realy nice model.
I'm not so happy with the FDM, especialy while taxiing (jumpy oversteering or understeering), but the model is great.

I have also found the other bugs. The other devices (adf, com-radio, nav-radio, transponder) are also missed in the 'instrumentation.xml'.
The second problem is that the devices use there own tree. As example the ADF (this is a Bedix/King KR87) work under '/instrumetation/kr87/' while the adf itself work under '/instrumetation/adf/'. I have nothing to say against a own sub-tree, but the standard features of a device should kept in the right place.
I do this also in the Citation-II, there I have the ADF control from Collins (CTL-62). But all standard features will be hold under 'adf/'. Only the extra features go under 'ctl62/'.
If i have enough spare time, i will repair the radio devices.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby dilbert » Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:29 am

Regarding the Navion low HP/RPM, my temporary fix was as follows:

In Ryan-Navion\navion-yasim.xml where it reads:

<piston-engine eng-rpm="2700"
eng-power="205"
displacement="471"
compression="7"/>

I changed line 110, eng-power="205" to read eng-power="285"

I did so, because "205" looked like a typo preventing engine from developing full power. As a result, engine now develops 2400 RPM for take-off. Previously, engine only developed 2000 rpm at full throttle.

Kind Regards :)

P.S. woodSTokk, I think the flight dynamics are pretty good: the Navion has nice, firm controls that remind me of the T34 Mentor, which I flew in Navy primary in the late '50s, so I like flying it. :)
dilbert

Callsign: db1
Version: 220.3.19

Postby WoodSTokk » Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:36 am

@dilbert

have now looked at wikipedia and the first model was build with a Continental E-185-9 (205 hp).
Later a upgraded model (model B, also known as 'Super Navion 260') was build with a Lycoming GO-435-C2 (260 hp).
I have now added the second model and pushed the update.

Previously i have updated the avionics. Please check the actual aircraft.
If your FG doesn't show a update, you can download it directly at
https://sourceforge.net/p/flightgear/fgaddon/HEAD/tree/trunk/Aircraft/Ryan-Navion/

PS: i have only changed the HP inside the FDM. I dont know the aircraft in real life, so i will not change anything else that invluence the feeling or flight behavior.
WoodSTokk

Postby WoodSTokk » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:05 am

Latest changes are now pushed to addon hangar (trunk and 2018.3).
The autopilot (KAP140) is working now with all modes. The BARO can be set in InHg and hPa. Both works.

EDIT:
last changes pushed today (27th Feb.)
Had a test flight from LOWL to LOWW and all works as expected.
Please can someone check if the aircraft in the hangar works for him/her?

The electonical devices need power to work, so switch on the master.
Use the autopilot in cockpit [KAP140] (avoid the generic with F11, it doesn't work).
WoodSTokk

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:06 am

WoodSTokk wrote in Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:05 am:Use the autopilot in cockpit [KAP140] (avoid the generic with F11, it doesn't work).

FWIW: it can/will if the proper properties are tied into the model's KAP140... at least some of it will... i used to use the F11 to control the c172p before the team decided to just completely disable the F11 AP when the c172p is the craft being flown... at that time, it was mainly the heading bug that i was changing via F11 but it has been so long that i don't recall if anything else also worked...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby dilbert » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:28 am

When installing from Add-on Hangar am still getting 0.3 version with no notification for the 0.36 update.
dilbert

Postby WoodSTokk » Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:33 am

dilbert wrote in Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:28 am:When installing from Add-on Hangar am still getting 0.3 version with no notification for the 0.36 update.

I dont know who is the aircraft directory is named per default, because i have deleted the default and added the trunk.
Look in the launcher at the 'Add-ons' tab. At the top you see the 'Aircraft hangars'.
If there is an entry named 'FlightGear aircraft distribution for 2018.x version' you use the right one.
If not, add a new hangar. For that, you will find the text 'Click here to add a new aircraft hangar. (Note this requires an Internet connection)' at the bottom of last entry in the list. Click on it. Now you see a text box with the hint 'Hangar URL:'.
Write (or copy/paste) 'http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/flightgear/ftp/Aircraft-2018/catalog.xml' in it and click 'Add hangar'.
A few seconds later, the hangar should listed.

If you have two hangars (the old legacy and the new 2018), you will see every aircraft two times in the aircraft list.
First, you can delete the old one, but that delete all aircrafts also that coming from this hangar.
Or second, hold the 'Shift' key while you click on a aircraft and you will see from what hangar the aircraft is coming from.
Like 'URL: package:org.flightgear.fgaddon.stable_2018.***' (the '***' stays for the aircraft itself).
So you can choose from what hangar you want to install.
WoodSTokk

Postby dilbert » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:49 pm

For Windows10, the best solution is to install FlightGear 2018.3.2, as it accesses the 2018 mirror; so if you then install the Navion you will automatically get the updated 0.3.6 version.
Kind Regards to all :)
dilbert

Postby WoodSTokk » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:45 am

wkitty42 wrote in Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:06 am:
WoodSTokk wrote in Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:05 am:Use the autopilot in cockpit [KAP140] (avoid the generic with F11, it doesn't work).

FWIW: it can/will if the proper properties are tied into the model's KAP140... at least some of it will... i used to use the F11 to control the c172p before the team decided to just completely disable the F11 AP when the c172p is the craft being flown... at that time, it was mainly the heading bug that i was changing via F11 but it has been so long that i don't recall if anything else also worked...

Have now pushed an update to FGAddon/trunk for the Ryan Navion.
You can now choose what autopilot you want.
If the 'Autopilot' menue is active, the generic autopilot is also active.
If not, the internal KAP140 is active.

PS: F11 works every time. But if the internal KAP140 is in use, it doesn't matter what you set in that dialog.
The KAP140 use only the values inputed on the 3d model.
WoodSTokk

Previous

Return to Flying