Board index FlightGear Support Installation

Flightgear crashes just after start

Need help getting up and running? Installing FlightGear, add-on planes, sceneries etc.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Flightgear crashes just after start

Postby qf707 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:35 pm

I have been running FG on Ubuntu for a long time ,up to now without many problems.
My last working version of FG is 2016.2.1 on Ubuntu 16.10.The computer it is running on has a two core processor with 8G of ram.I have also installed FG 2018.3.1 on Ubuntu18.10 on this computer and when I go to use it not long after start it crashes showing a segmentation fault(screen dumped).
I also have an 8 core machine with 8G of memory and it is running FG2018.1.1 it has the same problem as FG2018.3.1.
I run FG from the terminal as soon as I hit enter in the terminal the terminal icon appears on the launcher but also does a white box with a red circle inside it and a red slash across the circle.When I click on this it says OSGVIEWER.After the sim has crashed or froze the OSGVIEWER goes away.
I have tried changing the AI folder and the Scenery folder.I have tried changing the aircraft I am using,I use the ufo craft as I used to do a lot aircraft schedules not so many these days. As well as the seg faults i also see one that says something to the effect "memory bad failed to find shortest route.
I have looked through this thread well at least from the date I started to see this problem and there is nothing that is like the problem I am seeing.As I don't believe I am the only person in the FG world to be having this problem It's either my hardware is not powerful enough anymore,I get about 12-16 FPS around heavy scenery, or I have not been able to find the fix on the web.
My FG2016.2.1 I think I got from GETDEB before it closed.
My FG2018.1.1 I got out of the 18.04 repository
My FG2018.3.1 I got from apt get on 18.10.

Thanks for any help.
Regards
qf707
qf707

Re: Flightgear crashes just after start

Postby wlbragg » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:40 pm

Please post the rest of your computer specs!
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020
Version: next

Return to Installation