Board index FlightGear Support Tools OpenRadar

Some trouble with OpenRadar  Topic is solved

OpenRadar is a standalone radar screen which connects to the FlightGear multiplayer servers. It is currently being developed.

Some trouble with OpenRadar  

Postby Jon » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:38 pm

Hello Folks,

There are some minor issues I’m having with OpenRadar (I am on mac):

1. I cannot reliably create sections (for approach, deprt, etc). When I do create sections, all aircrafts seem to pile into one of them and I can’t shift them into other sections. The only way I can move the aircrafts is by shifting the sections themselves, and even then all the planes clump together and move as one big happy family. If I create sections I can also no longer shift individual planes to the left (to "control" them).

2. I was also wondering if I could somehow add certain SIDs I use regularly onto the radar itself.

Cheers!

Jon
Jon

Callsign: EGKKJon / ACA781

Re: Some trouble with OpenRadar

Postby a-v-o » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:43 am

Jon wrote in Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:38 pm:1. I cannot reliably create sections (for approach, deprt, etc). When I do create sections, all aircrafts seem to pile into one of them and I can’t shift them into other sections. The only way I can move the aircrafts is by shifting the sections themselves, and even then all the planes clump together and move as one big happy family. If I create sections I can also no longer shift individual planes to the left (to "control" them).

For configuring the flightstrips bay read
http://wiki.flightgear.org/OpenRadar:_Flightstrips-Bay

To manually move flightstrips within a section see chapter "3.1 Configure a section". In the select field below the checkbox "show column titles" you define the sorting method. Select "manual".

To change the "controlled by me" state see chapter "3.2 Configure a column". There is a field for "enter actions" and "exit actions". You can choose "ControlAction" or "UncontrolAction" to switch state when the flightstrip is moved into or out of the column.

To move a flightstrip into a section see chapter "3.5 Configure rules". A flightstrip can't be manually dragged from one section into another. Flightstrips are assigned to sections depending on defined rules. If there is no rule, all flightstrips will show up in 1 section.
a-v-o

Postby a-v-o » Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:54 am

Jon wrote in Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:38 pm:2. I was also wondering if I could somehow add certain SIDs I use regularly onto the radar itself.

Maybe reading this article might help to answer your question(s):
http://wiki.flightgear.org/OpenRadar:_Editing_routes
a-v-o

Postby Jon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:00 pm

I appreciate your feedback. I did consult the second link but it didn’t help me much. I figure it's either due to my OS (macOS) or my lack of knowledge in programming and coding. Either way, SIDs aren't something I desperately need, and the less crowded my radar the better. I will consult your link regarding the section, I hope it will solve my problem. Thanks again
Jon

Postby Jon » Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:25 pm

Okay so my problem was that I didn't know about the "rules" and how to edit them. Now my sections are nice and tidy. As for the SID, like I said, I really don’t need them it would just been nice to have. Thanks again a-v-o
Jon

Postby jomo » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:46 pm

Jon wrote in Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:25 pm: As for the SID, like I said, I really don’t need them it would just been nice to have. Thanks again a-v-o

Try to have a look into some examples inside OR. See e.g. "OpenRadar/data/routes/(location)". There are several Airports with SIDs, you may take them as examples.
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Postby Jon » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:31 pm

Thanks for the reply jomo, I know what you are referring to but I do not know how to "access" or "activate" them. I tried clicking the button that reads "STAR/SID" but that just activates/deactivates the parking and taxiway labels.
Jon

Postby jomo » Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:42 pm

Jon wrote in Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:31 pm:Thanks for the reply jomo, I know what you are referring to but I do not know how to "access" or "activate" them.

* You start an airport for which SID/STARS are available (best EDDF == mine - we start in 20 minutes using them)
* You activate the wanted runways
* You activate the SIDs by activating the buttons to the right of the Start-runways activated
* You activate the STARs by activating the buttons to the right of the Landing-runways activated
happy doing
jomo / ATCjomo + EDDFjo + EDDFjo1 + EDDFjo2
ATC at EDDF Fr,Sa,Su,We from 20:00 to 24:00 CET/MEZ., see http://www.emmerich-j.de
jomo

Callsign: jomo EDDFjo1+2

Postby Jon » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:16 pm

jomo wrote in Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:42 pm:* You activate the SIDs by activating the buttons to the right of the Start-runways activated
* You activate the STARs by activating the buttons to the right of the Landing-runways activated
happy doing

Ahhhh! Thank you so very much Jomo!!! The problem was both that I never enabled start and SID at the same time, causing the routes not to show, and, the routes are only visible within a certain (slightly awkward) zoom range, which I know how to change! Thank you again, I really appreciate it :)
Jon

Return to OpenRadar