Board index FlightGear Support Tools OpenRadar

Download Scenery Error

OpenRadar is a standalone radar screen which connects to the FlightGear multiplayer servers. It is currently being developed.

Download Scenery Error

Postby hanliang » Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:23 pm

Recently when I choose a new airport in OpenRadar, I found I can't download the Scenery after I click the Download Scenery button. Why? And who know some backup methods to solve this problem? Where I can download these files?
hanliang

Re: Download Scenery Error

Postby a-v-o » Wed Jan 16, 2019 12:58 pm

Just tested it without problems.

Please describe more detailed:
What happened after you clicked the "Download Scenery" button?
If you start from command line (in terminal), are there any error messages?

Often the downloading seems to stop e.g. when downloading osm_stream. This may take some minutes to download. Just be patient and don't stop it.
a-v-o

Postby hanliang » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:05 am

I've tested it again. Some times it can download completely but it's more likely that it often stops when downloading "v0_landmass" or "v0_lake".

I don't know how to start from command line, I'm using WIndows 10 and how to start ifrom command line?

I doubt my network have fault. Does anyone know the URL of an available mapserver? Thanks!
hanliang

Postby a-v-o » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:42 am

You can use the task manager to watch your network activities (traffic) before and after you've clicked the "Download scenery" button.

There are tutorials on how to start and use command line or the task manager.

The URL of the mapserver won't help you much, because you would have to provide correct parameters e.g. coordinates.
a-v-o

Postby hanliang » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:52 am

Thank you for your reply, and I found I can't download scenery only in a little region. When I choose another airports I can download scenery again. I feel the server or network is unstable.
hanliang

Postby a-v-o » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:58 am

In which region?
a-v-o

Postby hanliang » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:27 pm

Yesterday I can't download the scenery of ZUAL and ZPPP, but I have downloaded it successfully just now.
hanliang

Postby a-v-o » Thu Jan 17, 2019 2:13 pm

I've just tested them without a problem. Maybe there was a temporary problem or a service downtime at the server.
a-v-o

Return to OpenRadar