Board index FlightGear Support Graphics

Tutorial Issue, possibly graphics, Radio Usage

Graphics issues like: bad framerates, weird colors, OpenGL errors etc. Bad graphics ar usually the result of bad graphics cards or drivers.
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- what graphics card do you have?
- does the problem occur with any aircraft, at any airport?
- is there any output printed to the console (black window)?
- copy&paste your commandline (tick the "Show commandline box on the last page of FGRun or the "Others" section on the Mac launcher).
- please upload a screenshot of the problem.

If you experience FlightGear crashes, please report a bug using the issue tracker (can be also used for feature requests).
To run FlightGear on old computers with bad OpenGL support, please take a look at this wiki article. If you are seeing corrupted/broken textures, please see this article.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Tutorial Issue, possibly graphics, Radio Usage

Postby Dracarius » Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:50 am

I picked up FG and figured I'd run through the tutorials. I'm at the section where I'm supposed to tune the radio to a specific frequency. The issue is that there is "no power". There is nothing showing up on the radio display and the tutorial keeps asking to set the specific frequency. Not sure if this a graphical issue and just not displaying the numbers or if I need to do something else. I'd appreciate some insight as I'd like to learn to fly this thing. :)

Win10 (Updated to latest version)
6GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 980 4gb (Latest Drivers)
Version 2018.3.01

My image will not post, but is available at https://photos.app.goo.gl/5TCc7ra5VaszyiYw9 from my google photo account.
Dracarius

Re: Tutorial Issue, possibly graphics, Radio Usage

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:37 am

Hi,
First ensure the battery is on and the avionics switch is on.
See the knob just to the left of that? Turn it past 0%, that turns the radio on.

Hope this helps :)
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby Dracarius » Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:04 pm

Ugh, what a pain. The tutorial is locked into what it's trying to teach you and as soon as you try to look around the cabin, it hones back in on what it's showing you. I managed to get it to let me turn everything on after several tries. Thanks for the tip!
Dracarius

Postby legoboyvdlp » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:08 pm

That is probably a bug though - I'll try and make the tutorial start the radios up. Which specific tutorial were you using when you saw this?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO

Postby Kryxal » Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:48 am

I just installed FlightGear, same issue, battery off, magnetos off (and no time to see much else) on radio tutorial start.

Windows 10, FlightGear 2018.3.2, Nvidia GeForce GTX 980, specific to the Cessna 172P Skyhawk radio tuning tutorial.

Edit, Avionics power was also off, battery and avionics brings the radios live.
Kryxal

Postby wlbragg » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:15 pm

Yes, the tutorial should also include getting power to the radio stack. We'll get it done.
Thanks for notifying us, again!
Kansas and Ohio/Midwest scenery development.
KEQA, 3AU, KRCP Airport Layout
Intel i7/GeForce RTX 2070/Max-Q
wlbragg

Callsign: WC2020

Postby jawats » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:35 pm

I am experiencing the same issue on the download of Flightgear I completed today. No radio numbers during the tutorial. Any fixes? Thank you!
jawats

Return to Graphics