Board index FlightGear Support Multiplayer

Multiplayer arcraft are not visible

Trouble getting online, setting up a server?
Forum rules
In order to help you, we need to know a lot of information. Make sure to include answers to at least the following questions in your initial post.

- what OS (Windows Xp/Vista, Mac etc.) are you running?
- what FlightGear version do you use?
- copy&paste your commandline.

Please, also see Requesting Technical Help.

Note: If you did not get a reponse, even after 7 days, you may want to check out the FlightGear mailing lists to ask your question there.

Multiplayer arcraft are not visible

Postby Absturz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 8:52 pm

I fly with Flightgear to a Multiplayer aircraft, but there is only the blue-yellow mini-model. If I come with the same aircraft it works. But if I come with another aircraft it doesn't work, but I've installed the aircraft that I want to see.
Can me help somebody?
Absturz

Callsign: Absturz
Version: 18.3.1

Re: Multiplayer arcraft are not visible

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:31 pm

what version of flightgear are you using?
in the sim, what are your multiplayer settings? specifically the Compatibility setting... "visible to all" OR "visible to only 2017+"??
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby Absturz » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:07 pm

multiplayer compilability 2017+ , flightgear version18.1.1, no al traffic
Only litte aircrafts. My name is Absturz because I can't land other aircrafts
Absturz

Postby legoboyvdlp » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:52 pm

I suggest updating to 2018.3.1 for a start, it brought some improvements to the LOD system. Are you by any chance using the pixels mode for LOD multiplayer aircraft?
legoboyvdlp

Callsign: G-LEGO
Version: next

Postby Absturz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:41 pm

I updatet and now I see the blue-yellow model in the right size, but not the other. I don't understand that with the "pixel multiplayer"????
Absturz

Postby Absturz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:04 pm

I tried to see another multiplayer aircraft. And I saw it. The aircraft, that I not see is an 777-200ER
Absturz

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:47 pm

Absturz wrote in Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:41 pm:I updatet and now I see the blue-yellow model in the right size, but not the other.

please explain this in more detail or provide a screenshot...

Absturz wrote in Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:41 pm:I don't understand that with the "pixel multiplayer"????

are you speaking of the AI/MP settings in the LOD dialog in the simulator settings?
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:49 pm

Absturz wrote in Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:04 pm:The aircraft, that I not see is an 777-200ER

do you have that craft installed?
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Absturz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:47 pm

Can you show me the preferences? I can't give you some Screenshots. The model with blue wings and yellow rump. I have the aircraft.
Absturz

Postby wkitty42 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:42 pm

Absturz wrote in Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:47 pm:Can you show me the preferences?

the preferences for what? the LOD setup? that's up to you and your machine... i don't remember what the defaults are/were... lower end machines or those with low end video cards have their settings much different than those with high end machines and/or high end video cards....

but just to make sure we're understanding each other... when in the sim, hit F10 to bring up the menu bar... go to File and down to LOD configuration... the top three are for scenery and the bottom ones are for AI/MP craft...

Absturz wrote in Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:47 pm:I can't give you some Screenshots. The model with blue wings and yellow rump.

yes, that's the glider that's used to replace any MP craft you do not have installed or are not installed "properly"...

Absturz wrote in Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:47 pm:I have the aircraft.

ok... how did you install it? can you fly it? if it is installed properly and you can fly it, FG should be able to find it when it flys into range...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby Absturz » Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:02 pm

if I came with the 777-200ER it works. I can fly it. The Multiplayer aircraft was parked and i'm was near to 50 meter.
Absturz

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:48 am

i just popped into EGLL and watched 9w116 land in their 777-300R... maybe i can find a 200ER and see if i can see them?

i can tell that the AI/MP LOD code is coming into play on my setup... when i back out to 1nm from the craft, the sim switches to the low resolution model... in this case, apparently there isn't a low res model for the 777-300R so the system switches to the glider... if i move forward so i am within 1nm from the craft, the model changes back to the full high resolution model... my transition setting for high res -> low res is 1852m (1.0nm)...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby WoodSTokk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:36 pm

I have a similar problem. If I add the default hangar (FGaddon) and install aircrafts, I can use it but if anyone other uses that aircraft, I see only the glide.
If I add the aircraft directory as additional directory, I can see the aircrafts also i enyone else is flying this plain. Drawback is, that I see every aircraft in the launcher two times (or more, if there are more than one type of this aircraft). Only one of that have the Uninstall/Update button, because the other will be taken as local installed. But this drawback is okay aslong i see all aircrafts in MP.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Postby wkitty42 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:02 pm

i don't have the default hanger configured at all... i have all of fgaddon downloaded (and updated when i update from the repository) as additional craft directory...

i see the glider for some craft and not for others... with the new LOD system, at least the 777-200ER and 777-300R show me the craft when i'm within my detailed LOD range and the glider when i'm further away than my detailed range... these craft need some work or they need a low poly fallback defined in FG to be used when outside of detailed range...

i found TICO flying the 777-200ER yesterday evening and tested with them like i did above with 9w116... hope i didn't freak TICO out too much when i eased up beside them in the bluebird hovercraft to just within 1.0nm from them... my detailed setting was at 1852m (1nm) but i've raised that to 3704m (2.0nm) so i don't freak anyone out by getting that close again when testing this new feature :)
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby WoodSTokk » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:50 pm

wkitty42 wrote in Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:02 pm:i don't have the default hanger configured at all... i have all of fgaddon downloaded (and updated when i update from the repository) as additional craft directory...

Exactly thats what I mean. Aircraft from the 'additional craft directory' will be shown. It doesn't matter how is flying it.
If you have the aircrafts downloaded from a hangar (in a hangar directory), you can fly it. But if another pilot fly that airplain in MP, you will NOT see it.
It seams that FG search for models under all 'additional craft directories', but not in the 'hangar directories'.
Therefor, I add all 'hangar directories' additionaly as 'additional craft directories'.
WoodSTokk

Callsign: SX-W57
IRC name: WoodSTokk
Version: 2020.4.0

Next

Return to Multiplayer