Board index FlightGear Development Aircraft

Pilatus PC-12 update

Questions and discussion about creating aircraft. Flight dynamics, 3d models, cockpits, systems, animation, textures.

Pilatus PC-12 update

Postby iamzac » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:10 am

Download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9m03wef2a2vfsru/PC-12R1.zip?dl=1

Some screenshots:

The target was Pilatus PC-12 NG with the glass cockpit using what I found similar enough and I managed to make it work good enough.
I won't post a detailed changelog like I usually do, the changes are more or less similar with updates I have done with previous aircraft, if someone finds these changes useful, enjoy!
iamzac

Re: Pilatus PC-12 update

Postby cossack90 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:39 am

Wow looks superb!
Pilot of VOXY AIRLINES
WIP: Project Ukraine
cossack90

Callsign: UR-AOK / VOX0001
Version: 2018

Postby xen_steda » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:10 pm

Hello, are you still developing this model aircraft? I have used it a little, the interior looks very nice, I just wonder, the audio, what is the abrasive static sounding hiss noise over the engine sounds? Is that the radio or something? How can i turn that off?

Also, an elevator trim tab would be a welcome addition to this, I'm honestly surprised more people don't use this plane, it is very popular in real life.
xen_steda

Postby wkitty42 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:21 pm

if you think it may be a radio, use the radio dialog and switch the standby freqs on both to see if it goes away...
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
"Dunno. It's frightened of heights, I guess."
wkitty42

Callsign: wk42
Version: git next

Postby xen_steda » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:37 pm

It seems to be related to the engine. If I turn the volume down really low, it's tolerable for a little cruise.
xen_steda

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:48 am

they could be pretty noisy, i guess... have you tried the King Air? i believe there's one in the available craft... the PC-12 is comparable to it but the KA may be quieter... it was only in recent months that articles talking about the PC-12's internal noise reduction were applied and tested...

https://www.google.com/search?q=pilatus+pc-12+cabin+noise
"You get more air close to the ground," said Angalo. "I read that in a book. You get lots of air low down, and not much when you go up."
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby wkitty42 » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:35 pm

now that i've had a chance to fly this craft, if you're talking about the whitenoise hissing, it is coming from COM2 even though the panel indicates it is turned off... use F12 and you can switch it to the standby freq and it'll go away...

the craft needs some love, though... i see an effect error in the console and it is also referencing things from a different craft... if you don't have that other craft installed, they won't appear/work with this one...

the KAP-140 AP needs some work interfacing with the craft, too... it doesn't want to follow the heading bug like it should... also the digits for aren't right for some reason... there's two decimals showing and the climb rate shows 9xxx when adjusting it...

aside from that, the radio noise is the only thing i heard that was easily handled... the engine noise sounds fine to me... not too loud and not hissing which was radio noise...
"Why not?" said Gurder.
wkitty42

Postby xen_steda » Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:39 pm

Ok thank you for testing it out. I really think this a beautiful modern aircraft and if I had any skills in developing sim aircraft I would attempt to refine/fix this one.

Also, the Cessna Denali should be released someday possibly this year and that plane is almost an exact copy of the PC-12 so if this PC-12 get decently developed, whoever does it would have a easy time making the Denali (I have no idea how sim development works obviously :D )

https://cessna.txtav.com/en/turboprop/denali
xen_steda

Return to Aircraft